Rosa

by: ramos

In English my name means love. In spanish it means a flower. It means hope, it means love. It's like the number nine. A muddy color. It is the favorite song my mother plays on friday mornings when she is cooking.

I love my name. I am named after cookies and I am named after Rosa Parks, a famous person. I have a funny name because of the way people in my class say it. It sounds like they're calling me Rosa Park or Rosemary. Even my teachers call me Rosa Parks. That's the funny part because when he calls me that, I think of Rosa Parks when she did not want to give up her seat.

Names

dlloyd's picture
Submitted by dlloyd on Fri, 2014-10-10 10:38.

Dear Ramos :
I am happy about your poem "Rosa," because when you writing about your name you have to really know about your name and the history of your name. then see why her mother and father name you that and where they get it from.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I love my name. I am named after cookies and I name after Rosa Parks a famous Person". I think this is important because every body need to love they name because the two people that love you gave you that name.
Another sentence that I like was "In English my name means love." This stood out for me because some people don’t know they name so its important some people what to know where you get your name from. Other states or countries it means something esl.
Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i ask my mother what my name means and she said get out my face and go ask your father.When I went to ask my father he said I don’t its just a comment name.

Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to learn more about your name and how you say your name in spanish.

One sentence you wrote that

ramos's picture
Submitted by ramos on Mon, 2015-03-16 12:47.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I love my name. I am named after cookies and I name after Rosa Parks a famous Person that got locked up for not moving to the back of the seat

That's interesting! It is

Submitted by norrisbh on Fri, 2014-10-10 19:40.

That's interesting! It is unique how you share your name with one of the major figures in the civil rights movement, perhaps even the catalyst of it. How are you named after cookies? There must be an interesting story there.As you regard your name as being like the number 9, The qualities of number nine (numerology) are the ability to seee clearly, make good decisions and understand and empathize with others, as well as having a high moral sense and being a good advisor.

Hi Rosa! First of, your name

Submitted by weisse16 on Wed, 2015-09-23 06:10.

Hi Rosa!

First of, your name is beautiful. I have an aunt named Rosa and you kind of remind me of her. Secondly, I love the way you described your name. This writing is very random, but it is a good random. I have a quick question, when your teacher calls you Rosa, what do you? Does it make you change the way you act or treat people?

Hi Rosa!

Submitted by becca_hen87 on Sun, 2015-12-13 22:23.

Hi Rosa! I really liked your post, and how you included details on what your name means to you, as well as what it means in different languages. I liked your sentence "It is the favorite song my mother plays on Friday mornings when she is cooking." Rosa Parks is an amazing person to be named after. She had courage to take a stand against unfair treatment. Do you find that there are any similarities between you and Rosa Parks? It would be interesting to hear some!