SAving Money

by: adot

Why is it so hard for teenagers to save money? I remember when my mother gave me and my brother $100 a piece and like 6 hours later he was broke asking me for five dollars.I told him that he need to start budgeting his money or you will always be broke. He told me that it is hard to save money when your a teen and i can agree with him
.
One thing i know about money is that wants its goes it goes. Money is like sea of water, the more you drink the thirstier you become. Personally its funny to see how much money people waist a day .Like somethings you really don’t need you just get it because you have money and your pocket.

Saving Money is important because when you get older money is not easy to come around , well that’s what my mom and dad always tells me. Guess I'll never know till I'm older.
I was reading this article called “10 tips to raising money-savvy teens” by Jennifer Maciejewski and they brought up some very good points about my topic of discussion money.

Many parents don't talk to their kids about budgeting money because the sometimes thinks that their kids already know what their doing. I'm not the only person that believe this, in the article they talk about a book “Raising Money Smart kids” by Janet Bodnar and she says “A lot of the basic stuff is overlooked by parents just because they assume that their kids know it ,and they don't

My mother didn't tell me about budgeting my money i learned on my own . I was tired of not having money in my pockets but now that i know i have money everyday. Ask your parents to help you if you have a spending problem.

this true because...

benjamindlc's picture
Submitted by benjamindlc on Mon, 2012-02-06 11:55.

Dear, Aaron Galloway

I am interested by this post "Saving Money" because i agree with you, like i give my brother money for his lunch for a whole week and he spends everything in one day which is like something weird because he doesn't know how to save. Not only that but i give my little sister money for emergencies and shes always spending the money in other stuff like shirts and what not, i wish they saved money though.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Personally its funny to see how much money people waist a day .Like somethings you really don’t need you just get it because you have money and your pocket." I think this is so true because like really how can a 14 years old kid waste 20 dollars in 1 day like its unbelievable. But sometimes i think his money is wasted on things for friends or other things who knows.

Another sentence that amazed me was "Saving Money is important because when you get older money is not easy to come around." This stood out for me because i have a job but i pay bills and certain times i barely have money to go out with friends and chill so its like money comes and goes.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my grandmother had given me 40 dollars when i was 11 and i saw this toy i really liked and wanted for Christmas and i spent all 40 dollars on it just so the toy would break the next day, after that i decided in just buying things i really needed instead of toys.

thanks for your writing. i look forward to seeing what you write next, because i truly believe you have lots to talk about when it comes to money or how teenagers are. i hope to see another post of yours because i enjoyed this one.

Dear Aaron I am astonished

krissyc's picture
Submitted by krissyc on Mon, 2012-02-06 14:45.

Dear Aaron

I am astonished by what your post " Saving Money " because everything said was simply the truth.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is " Money Dont Grow On Trees " because its true , a lot of people take advantage of everything. The money they do get is always spent on unnecessary things.
Another sentence that i agreed with was " Saving money is important because when you get older money is not easy to come around ". This stood out for me because as well its true , as you get older life gets more complicated.
I do agree with you on this post , One reason i say this is because overall money is the root of all evil. When people do have it , its used the wrong way , & obviously when we dont have it theres not much you can do.
Thanks for writing. I look foward to seeing what you write next because this post was very well explained post , short & detailed .

Money: An Obession, Addiction and Infactuation

ojomom's picture
Submitted by ojomom on Mon, 2012-02-06 15:02.

Dear adot,

I agree with you in regards to the concern of why teenager cannot seem to save money. Maybe that is because and a result of the world and society that is now present. The world was once a simpler place. In a simpler time. Key word: was. Now, we have so much/many technology available for our consumption that we don't know what to do with it. It's like a 6- year old kid in a candy store. So many options available. He ends up trying to eat them all. Ends up with a stomachache and eventually, blindly, ironically ends up returning, coming back for more even though he knows what will happen as a result. We humans at heart are just like this kid- kids in the general sense of speaking. We have so many things available today that we want it all even if a specific thing, product or service is reserved for those who can afford it and live with the consequences- if any. There are 3 different classes of people in our world : lower, middle and upper. Within these levels are sublevels. The majority of us are in the middle class. No matter what sublevel i.e upper middle, lower middle, etc. If we can but something without it hurting us in the long haul, we will but such spending must be a managed habit. Not become an out of control addiction.

Very Interested

dormah's picture
Submitted by dormah on Tue, 2012-02-28 21:26.

Dear Aaron,

I am very interested by this post “Saving Money” because I agree with you. When my mother gave me money that she saved for my birthday I used the money before even going to the store.

One sentence you wrote that stood out for me is, “Personally it’s funny to see how much money people waste a day, I like this quote because peoples always buy things that they cannot afford.

Another sentence you wrote that amazed me was, “Saving Money is important because when you get older money is not easy to come around”. This stood out for me because, I see how my parent’s work hard for me to get what I want and for me to get into a good college.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to my cousin . One day my cousin had $100 but as soon as she went outside she spent the money on sneakers.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I enjoy reading your post and it was interesting.