Scars by Cheryl Rainfield

Scars by Cheryl Rainfield is a book many readers might appreciate and get very anxious to finish it ! When I was reading this book, I didn’t want to put it down. I felt as if I were watching an action/thriller movie. I wanted to know what was going to happen next and when moments came, I knew I just had to get to the end so the feeling of anxiousness can leave.

The characters are Kendra Marshall, Sandy, Meghan, Carolyn, and Him. Kendra is a quiet, shy, very artistic girl, she’s also very outgoing when it comes to time. Sandy is a very sweet, loving, and respectful guy. Kendra relies on him for consult and help. Meghan is a nice, quiet, and type what rebellious girl. Meghan and Kendra make a quick connection and somehow their friendship grows into love and relationship. Carolyn is Kendra’s psychologist and is helping Kendra conquer her tourmented memories of her rape incident. Him is the man who would rape Kendra daily when she was younger. She didn’t have much memory of him but feels he is coming after her and stalking her to make sure she doesn’t blow his spot.

The story is set in modern time, there is no specific time besides being taken place in the 2000’s. The story mostly takes place in Kendra’s school, Carolyn’s office, The Java Cafe, The Park, Sandy’s house, and the Marshall household.

Kendra faces certain forces and pressures. Kendra’s going against the man who raped her and is trying to find out who he is and trying to stop him so she can get justice for herself but she feels he is destroying her life and relationship with Meghan.

The book is really cool ! I was entertained the whole time. I felt as if the rapist was coming after me but you know, I was stunned at the end ! I give this book a 10 out of 10.

Disinterested

Submitted by Karen on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:48.

Ok..

Sigh

Submitted by Michelle V on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:52.

Sigh..

Now you're reading Scars!

Kiran Chaudhuri's picture
Submitted by Kiran Chaudhuri on Mon, 2013-06-03 10:20.

Karen, now you're reading Scars, and you can't put it down! So much for being disinterested! What made you change your mind?

great book, very good review

Submitted by shania on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:54.

great book, very good review good job Michy

Thank you shania for not

Submitted by Michelle V on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:56.

Thank you shania for not being rude like Karen

Good review

Submitted by Vivian on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:57.

Michelle,
This book sounds really cool. Sounds like a movie! Thanks for the review, I am looking forward to reading it.

Thank you

Submitted by Michelle V on Wed, 2013-05-15 08:58.

Thank you girl!

Dear Michele i think this is

Submitted by Brian on Wed, 2013-05-15 09:03.

Dear Michele

i think this is alot of writing.........

Dear Bryan,

Submitted by Michelle V on Wed, 2013-05-15 09:04.

Well, I'm trying to get an education and go to college.

Dear Michelle,

Submitted by Demi on Tue, 2013-05-21 13:56.

Dear Michelle :

I am intrigued by your post "Scars by Cheryl Rainfield," because I was planning to read this book from recommendations and what the book is about. I find your point of view interesting.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " When I was reading this book, I didn’t want to put it down." I think this is nice to hear because it sounds as though that you were really interested in this book.

Another sentence that I liked was: "The story is set in modern time, there is no specific time besides being taken place in the 2000’s." This stood out for me because anyone could relate to it because it is in our time period.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had a friend that went through this. I will find it interesting from their point of view.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because of your type of writing.