School's out !

by: sanfra

Whew! School is finally coming to an end. The moment I have been awaiting for has finally arrived. This year has gone pretty smooth and I feel great to say I ended well this year. I have developed as both a person and student. There were tons of things I will value from my classes. This year I have understood a lot of things I wasn’t capable of last year. I now can understand Shakespeare better (thanks to English class). This year I learned that math is not my best subject, but that didn’t stop me from trying to pass the class. In the beginning of the year I wrote down goals and sadly not all were accomplished. One of my goals were to get 90s in all my classes, but I managed to get only a handful of 90s and high 80s. For next year I will definitely take my capabilities academically to consideration when planning my goals. I will make my goals accomplishable.

Writing class was a unforgettable experience. I have learned a lot from the class that I can use in my everyday life. I have grown as a writer and speaker. Writing class has expanded my vocabulary. Something I will take with me is definitely the differences in sentences. It was a hard topic but extremely helpful. This all matters to me because I will soon need to write essays for colleges and writing class as helped me seem more intelligent and educated. All the vocabulary words learned in writing class is going to help me in my SAT test which can help me financially in college.

Over the past years I have noticed that I have thought more and more about college and the career I will be going into. I have matured immensely over the years and have alienated myself from a lot of people my age group. I have noticed that people around me have grown and some have not, and haven't faced reality. These changes help me because I know better than to strive for a career that is not likely or guaranteed like acting or modeling. I believe I am a very honest person to myself, and tell myself things that not a lot of people want to hear. Sometimes it is hard because it feels that I put myself done too much.

Reply

Submitted by 18kumarn on Mon, 2013-06-24 10:16.

Dear sanfra,
I am happy with your post, “School’s Out!” because you have shown improvement. I can see a lot of growing and following of goals. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “This year I have understood a lot of things I wasn’t capable of last year. I think this is true, because your grades show that. You talked about getting 80’s and 90’s. Another sentence that I liked was “All the vocabulary words learned are going to help me on the SAT test which will help me financially in college.” This stood out for me because it shows the results you can see. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had decent grades. I wanted to make them better. As a result I also planned. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have a good future. Your new skills give new writing. Thank you.