Scratch Trek: Nightmare

I created the Scratch animation Scratch Trek: Nightmare as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that has a decision, which has two choices, which a watcher must decide.

My story is about the U.S.S. Tempus, which was flown into the Gamma quadrant, and discovered the nightmare planet of R’lyeh. The Captain, Aric Campball, beams down to the planet, and accidentally reawakens Cthulhu. Cthulhu threatens to destroy the universe, and so the U.S.S. Tempus beams the captain back up. He must decide to destroy the planet, or to allow Cthulhu to destroy Earth and the U.S.S. Tempus.

My story was inspired by I decided on my story because I was reading a Cthulhu story and I added it to Star Trek, and I got the idea for my story.

I think I was successful in creating my story because my story was appropriate for all ages, it was around 3 minutes, it was interactive, had an ethical decision, there were two endings, which were very different.

Ethical Decision Coment

16dasb's picture
Submitted by 16dasb on Thu, 2012-01-05 11:12.

I enjoyed your Ethical Decision Story because I thought it was must have been creative thinking up the characters and the plot seems like a lot of work has put into it.
I was noticed the fact that there could have been a bit more detail in your setting, which could have helped out your story.
I thought that your ethical decision was good, since the wrong choice was tempting, but it was harder to make this decision, considering that the plot was unrealistic.

scratch trek: nightmare

Submitted by 17palominos on Tue, 2012-04-24 12:55.

i like the two distinct endings that seperated both of them. i don't really seem to notice an interactive part where the viewer has a part in this. overall i liked it even though it didn't meet my standards.
i also like the art that you include in the background from the sprites to the scenes.