Screencast on how to join Friendfeed.com
In this project my class was introducing social networks and how to do some specific things on the website. For my screen cast
i was teaching students how to sign up for Friendfeed.com and how to add a friend and how to add a discussion. I chose to use Friendfeed.com
because this was a very secluded website. It is not widely known.
The link for the screencast is above. Copy and paste this link in another tab on your web browser.
Project: Create a tutorial screen cast for a new user signing in to FriendFeed.com
Reason: FriendFeed is a website that is not very well known. It is not very
widely know to people outside of a classroom. Mostly teachers assign to
student to create a profile. Most people don't realize that there is a website
called FriendFeed. I know this becuse after searching major newspaper
websites and popular review sites i could find much.
This is where i found a review on FriendFeed. IT is saying that it is similar to twitter or
the Twiiter of this year because many people had taken a liking to FriendFeed.
Another review i found is at: http://paulstamatiou.com/thoughts-on-friendfeed
Thi site tells the thought of an individual person of friendfeed. This person believes its
just a trend that will wear thin eventually.
Client/Audience: People who don't know what FriendFeed. This will help
people have the experience of having a Friendfeed account and interating
with more people.
- ScreenCast must be able to be accessed form youthvoices.net
- Screencast must have both aural and visual components
- Visual elements must be readable to viewers with normal vision
- Aural elements must be clear and understandable to the hearer
- Tutorial must explain how a user creates a FriendFeed account in enough detail for a bew user to understand
- It must explain how to add a friend
- It must also explain how to add a discussion
- It must explain how to join a group and how to subscribes to another user to become that persons friend.
- Student must use a screencast software that he/she is comfortable with.
- Screencast must be completed by October 20th before 7pm.
- Screencast must be less than 4 minutes in length
- Screencast must be my own word alone-the actions and voice used must be mine
Test For Success:The project can be tested by showing the screen cast to member of the indicated audience. It will be successful if:
- The audience can create a FriendFeed account without any other assistance.
- The audience can make a discussion.
- The audience can add a friend.
- The audience can join a group.
- The audience can subscribe to another person.
To people reading this discussion post. Please view my screencast with the link posted above
and to please comment with warm and cold feedback based around the question: In what ways
does my screencast succeed or fail in achieving its objectives, as represented in the design Specification?