Seeking help on police brutality

by: Tre'Quis.

Dear Youth Voices Community,

Hello my name is Tre. I am a senior at Fremont High School and I like to think of my future wisely.

The social inequity problem I am looking into is police brutality. The demographic group I am most focused on for this inequity is African Americans because some police officers believe and think black lives don’t matter. The reason I feel this is an inequity is because police aren't being put on trial with the right charges for taking one's life.

Right now, I believe a solution to this problem is that every police officer working should be forced to wear a body camera during the time they are on duty.

Some might argue that they (African Americans) were resisting arrest or he/she had a weapon, making my research focus debatable.

Fremont High School seniors are now curating sources to explain our inequity and its impact on society and to develop arguments for why and how this inequity needs to be addressed. If you have ideas for sources I should explore, please send me those ideas or links in the comment section. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

Sincerely,

Tre
Fremont High School