Should Capital Punishment be Allowed?

by: Azubair

A man/women who murders another person is given a sentence for his act which is the law of capital punishment. If a man were to murder another man by third degree, in some states he is exposed to the possibility of being given Capital Punishment. Same for Second Degree, but it is allowed in more states, and for First Degree it is allowed in most states. So a common question is that weather or not this should be allowed. This may not be as big of a topic, or it might not be as debated as homeland security, or immigration, and other such topic but it has its own magnitude of importance.
     A common argument is that " If you kill a person who has slain another man unjustly, are you not committing the same heinous act as the so called "murderer?"" Many people who are oppose capital punishment firstly state this argument. Those who propose capital punishment, state that he has done something unforgivable, he must be punished for his sins. Now To many, this is an argument not of fact, but of personal views and morals.
    Now the decision is not up to me, it is up to our upcoming president, not us, we cannot change the flow of this river, but one of them can. Look Citizens, please realize, that even if he changes those tiny flaws that are corrupting our government, maybe we can change a few wrongs, maybe we can change more lives, maybe, we can become better, if not by a lot then by a little. Maybe, just maybe if who we rest our trust upon is working for the betterment of the future, maybe we can be clean at one point in time.

It is much like the story of the little boy who walked to a beach. When he arrived, he saw thousands of starfish, laying on the beach, and dying. So the boy went to the starfish, and picked one of them up, and he threw it back into the ocean, to save it. Along came a man, and he saw the child throw the starfish. He walked up to the child, and said. " You do know that you cannot save all of these starfish, right?". The child Simply replied, " I am aware that I can't save them all, but to that one starfish, I made a difference." And so it goes, you cant change the world, in a single act, it takes time and patience.

Barack Obama Strongly supports capital punishment, in one of his speeches, he said:

"I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes. I think that the rape of a small child, 6 or 8 years old, is a heinous crime and if a state makes a decision that under narrow, limited, well-defined circumstances the death penalty is at least potentially applicable, that that does not violate our Constitution."

Barack Obama supports the death penalty and he feels as though a heinous act such as rape, and first degree murder are horrid, and those who commit those crimes should be put under the death penalty.

John McCain Says:

"Today's Supreme Court ruling is an assault on law enforcement's efforts to punish these heinous felons for the most despicable crime. That there is a judge anywhere in America who does not believe that the rape of a child represents the most heinous of crimes, which is deserving of the most serious of punishments, is profoundly disturbing."

McCain thinks that capital punishment should be enforced and if it is not enforced for a crime such as Murder or Rape of a child, than that is just simply horrid. Both he and Barack Obama feel the same way about this.

I feel that capital

Submitted by 11mceachernch on Wed, 2009-03-11 19:12.

I feel that capital punishment should not be allowed and my reasons are based solely on my personal opinions and morals, just as you've mentioned. The death penalty is legalized murder, just as abortion is, which the government uses as an excuse or as a way to right their wrongs. Their wrongs being murdering a person for the crime(s) committed and their rights being governmental legalized murder. I feel that the death penalty is a way to relieve society of a criminal and a way to relieve prisons of over-crowdedness. The death penalty's purpose is to punish the criminal, but in reality I believe that it does the total opposite. Death is an easy way out for some people, reasons for committing suicide. I think the death penalty is in effect more for society's sake; so that the people feel that the criminal is no longer alive to cause anymore harm.

Thank you for replying, I

Submitted by Azubair on Wed, 2009-03-11 19:21.

Thank you for replying, I respect your opinion, not because i am forced to by the First Amendment, but solely due to the fact that you actually care. Other people i know will just toss the topic aside as if it has no importance, As i stated, it does have its own magnitude of importance. My assignment was to show both sides of the argument...which is what i did (hoping to get an A) Thanks Again!! ^ ^