Should the drinking age be lowered?

by: mbalanza

Should the drinking age be lowered in the United States? This issue had been widely debated all throughout the years and until now, it has not been clearly stated on why and how the government could not afford to give its imposed stand regarding this matter. It was said that a lot of pros and cons had to be placed into considerations if ever legalizing the drinking age to a lower age will be permitted in the mere future.

For all we know, most individuals were considered to be adults by the time they reach the age of 18. At this point, you get most of the freedom you have been yearning for ever since  you reach the period of adolescence. When it comes to job opputunities, you would not be required to provide any working papers at all just to get hired. Another would be your medical check-ups with your physician. There is no need for you to drag mom or dad inside the doctor's office. In that case, you will not hear the doctor's assistant to tell you something as silly as this, "You are a under 18, someone has to accompany you before I allow you to get inside." And another exciting part of being an 18-year-old is that, you could afford to get your own car. All you have to do is make sure that all the necessary documents you would need in order to get yourself a driver's license. When you reach the legal age, there is a lot of numerous changes that would take place in your life. However, when it comes to the issue of drinking age, it serves as a different story now. We are all aware that each of the states differs when it comes to state laws. But when dealing with drinking matters, it was unanimously decided along each and every state that American people should abide to the law that drinking age would only be permitted by the time you reach the age of 21. A lot of questions sink in to our minds everytime we hear this over and over again. The government only stated one relevant thing when it comes to dealing with this widely spread issue in our country. As much as possible, we try to avoid the death cases of drivers who get drunk everytime they hit the road to drive. Most cases occasionally happens every night wherein people enjoyed going to bars and discos to enjoy the night life.

We should be aware of the fact that there are major consequences for every action that we decide to do. A simple warning like this would save our lives if and only if we take it seriously and attached it with maturity to understand why. It would benefit us for good if we only knew how to discipline ourselves the right way.

I like your post "Should the

Submitted by SFootman on Sun, 2010-09-26 17:05.

I like your post "Should the drinking age be lowered", because you dive into the issue,that's being talked about religiously on whether or not the drinking age should be lower or even higher then it is now.

One sentence that you wrote that stood out for me is " As much as possible, we try to avoid the death cases of drivers who get drunk every time they hit the road to drive. Most cases occasionally happens every night wherein people enjoyed going to bars and discos to enjoy the night life.". I think that is exactly why the drinking age should remain high like it is now,because we would not want these irresponsible teenage kids, who just hit 18, going around and getting into accidents, because their not mature or wise enough to know when something is not a good idea.

Another sentence I liked was "A simple warning like this would save our lives if and only if we take it seriously and attached it with maturity to understand why. It would benefit us for good if we only knew how to discipline ourselves the right way.". This stood out for me because  its true that a lot of people have died because they were drunk or under the influence, which goes back to my argument that, people have to have enough maturity to have these privileges.

Thanks for witting,and I look foreword to seeing what you write next because your posts are awesome babe!

Thanks for going

Submitted by mbalanza on Sun, 2010-10-10 20:05.

Thanks for going over my post loves.. I was just browsing over my previous posts so I'm not even aware that you left out some comments for me.. So yeah.. Anyways.. Thanks again.. :)