Should junk food be banned?

by: nogbe

President Barack Obama wants to ban Junk food from schools.Junk food is bad because it is unhealthy.Junk food is good because it is cheap.I think we should not be ban Junk food because kids eat a majority of food at school so it should be their choice.

Junk food should not be banned from schools because it gives students freedom.According to Las Vegas, New Mexico “Freedom of choice should be extended to students school dining options.”Students should have the freedom to choose what they want to eat.Students can be responsible to choose what they want eat.Students should be able to choose if they want to be healthy or not because it is their bodies.
Another reason Junk food should not be banned because schools will have problems making nutritional food.According to Gale Opposing Viewpoints, “The school systems nutrition coordinators have the difficult task of fitting school meals into caloric and fat-content guidelines while also making those meals appeal to kids.”Students should be able to eat whatever type of meal they want.Students can be more self judging to what type of food they want while thinking of calories on their own.Students should be able to choose the type of food they want to eat.

I agree completely! By taking

Submitted by becca_hen87 on Thu, 2016-04-14 15:55.

I agree completely! By taking away food options, you take away freedom. It is not the government's role to control what people eat, but their own responsibility to care for their body. One thing I would add would be to site your sources, and write the article names in the paragraph.

I think that you make a

Submitted by Marysol1997 on Thu, 2016-04-14 16:26.

I think that you make a strong argument now you can add more concrete examples maybe even add testimonies from students.

I agree that students should

Submitted by TMGanell on Thu, 2016-04-14 21:21.

I agree that students should be free to chose how they feed themselves, however I think it is important that school provide healthy meals for children and high school students. I think there should be the option for some unhealthy stuff, but make the majority healthy so that kids get good, nutritional food at school. I think your opinion is very valid.

Good work :)

Submitted by Iharris16 on Thu, 2016-04-14 21:49.

I enjoyed reading this. I never knew President Obama wanted to do that. I completely agree with what you are saying. I would have liked to see what others schools across the United States think about the banning of junk food in school. It also would have been nice if you added the source so I could read more from the article! Overall great job with examples and explaining the subject, I look forward to hearing more about this topic!

I agree completely that

Submitted by Maddie.S82 on Thu, 2016-04-14 23:46.

I agree completely that students should have the right to choose what they eat. The way you influence a person's decision is not by taking away their freedom but giving them the information to make an informed decision on their own. Your opinion is really well-stated and very clear. However, I would make specific references to the titles of the articles you cite. That would really help to strengthen your writing.

Relevant topic to today!

lovebugleen's picture
Submitted by lovebugleen on Mon, 2016-04-25 12:46.

I commend you for choosing to write about a topic that is so relevant to today's day and age, it is wise to be educated on current issues that impact people of our age: students. To strengthen the message you are delivering to your audience, I would suggest stretching out your main points on why junk food should not be banned into seperate paragraphs, then just add an intro and a conclusion to sum up your points! Nice topic, though!