Should Junk Food be Banned in Schools?

by: rsok

Should we ban junk food from high school school? Yes we should ban junk food from high schools. School should no longer sell sugar, salty things due to children s health. Students who eat the junk food at school can get a very high percent of caloric. high schools should ban junk food for many reason, students and children get get overweight when they sell junk food at school to student.

We should ban junk food because students who eat the junk food at school can get a very high percent of caloric.”Children have a high percentage of calories during school. Schools should have more nutritional choices at school.” Will Dunham, Reuters. Students have a high percentage of caloric because they eat junk food at school too much. School needs to have more healthy meals at school for student to eat. If school doesn't have junk food then student wouldn't ban junk food.

We also should ban junk food because there are caffeine in it. “School should ban junk food because they have too much caffeine in it. If schools sells food with caffeine, then students wouldn't be healthy. Having healthy students means that school should ban junk food. Having lots of caffeine in the junk food can cause obesity in kids. Having unhealthy kids is bad for them because they are going to get a habit if it and start eating it when they get older and get bigger.

I was really shock with your

Submitted by mkennedy on Wed, 2016-01-06 13:37.

I was really shock with your argument. Most teens support the idea of keeping junk food in high schools. This was a really good piece

You should not because there

Submitted by Jeff on Thu, 2016-01-07 11:33.

You should not because there is nothing bad about junk food you just need to manage how much you eat

Points don't make much sense.

Submitted by TravisA on Fri, 2016-01-08 12:56.

First of all, junk food doesn't have caffeine. I'm pretty sure you're trying to talk about soda/pop.

Lastly, if you read and think about most of the points in this piece, you'll probably be puzzled by what it's trying to say. I know I was.

I think it's a good idea to

Submitted by Kelsey on Fri, 2016-01-08 16:20.

I think it's a good idea to have healthier options in schools so that students can make the choice between healthy and non-healthy foods. They will have to make this choice later on in life so it is one step in preparing them to make good decisions as you mentioned in your last sentence. Banning all junk food in schools, however, I don't think would help students as much as teaching them to eat healthy foods because there will be junk food options where ever they go in life.
I think to make your points clearer, you could try to not repeat ideas as much and instead clarify what you mean. For example, explaining what you mean by junk food could help people understand why there may or may not be caffeine in it. Also, restating quotes afterward without adding to it is something that you did a lot here that you could change.
I think you did a really nice job of stating your opinion and staying on topic, though.