Should Junk Food Be Banned In Schools

by: hxu

Junk food is a derisive slang term for food that is of little nutritional value and often high in fat, sugar, salt and calories. Junk food is like fast food such as pizza and hamburger. Junk food is cheap and taste good, gives people energy, but junk food causes health problems and bad for students. President Obama states that schools should ban junk food and provide more healthy food to students. I strongly agree because that is good for kids’ growth.

Students should far away from junk food because it causes health problems like diabetes. Ronnie Cummins informs: “Diet - related obesity, diabetes, and heart disease are now the nation’s number one public health problem, generating an estimated $150 billion in health care costs every year.” If students can’t stop to eat junk food, then they will get sick easily.

Some schools do not provide healthy food to students causes obesity. Because students eat more food at school than other places. Junk food contains lots of fat, if people eat lots of it, then they will become overweight. “Schools should no longer sell sodas or other drinks with added sugar, and they also should prohibit the sale of caffeinated beverages. Abiding by these recommendations may help curb the rising rates of obesity and related health problems among school children.” Will Dunham claims. So governments should ban junk food from schools.