Should we teach more advance knowledge and use more detail in grade schools?

I have found that in my school* and across the nation, our schools do not provide detailed and sophisticated enough information on everything. Because of that the country is not the king in IQ and literacy status. Also most American schools* need better, more updated textbooks, and more in-depth knowledge in there curriculum.

*Also to be more clear I am stating this to reference to middle school and high school curriculum.

The following link shows our arrogance.

Advanced knowledge in grade school?

Submitted by RebeccaRa on Fri, 2012-09-14 09:41.

In my opinion I think teaching advanced knowledge in elementry school is a bad idea! The information learned in elementry school are the building blocks to our education. If we don't learn the basics first, then we won't understand the advanced information later. Learing the easier stuff first is vital to us. Overall, I just think we should stick to a basics and not change anything.

Submitted by littleirish97 on Fri, 2012-09-28 16:06.

As now stated, it's pertains to MIDDLE and HIGH school curriculum.
But this article I am writing is in primary response to our textbooks.

Submitted by Reggie Gramann on Sun, 2012-10-21 15:37.

I think that text books need to be very basic and bland because no matter where you are across the country everyone should know the same fundamental information to build their knowledge upon. Even though I'm saying that, I do agree with you that schools should go more into depth about certain curriculum but that depends on the school or teacher not the textbooks because I consider textbooks to be more of the essential facts that everyone no matter your situation should be able to get ahold of to have that foundation to base your education off of. 
I think you chose a very good topic, nice work.