Silent Night :)

by: dwingo

We can stop violence by writing a law about stopping violence before it gets too bad for the state to handle. Dogs get hit for no reason. The dog was walking and got hit 16 times in 2004 and now they just know pressing charges. I looked this up on 11/31/2015.

Domestic violence means that in a relationship or marriage, one or both of the partners uses physical, sexual or psychological violence to try to get power or control over the other or due to losing their temper.

If domestic violence were a color, it would be red because it stands for pain. If it were a math problem, with 10 being good and 5 being bad on a scale of 10 to 5. When a relationship starts it is a 10, but it becomes a 5. If domestic violence wre a magazine article it would be in Teen Vogue. If domestic violence were a video, it would show how people get abused. Silent Night represents domestic violence to me because when you get abused, the man makes the woman be silent.

Silent Night: A Dialogue

Linda: Hi Honey.
Bob: Leave me alone. I had a bad day at work.
Linda: What the problem?
Bob: Shut uppppppp!
Linda: You do not tell me what to do.
Bob: [he hits her]
Linda Ouch! [Begins to cry.]
Bob: Shut the hell up.
Twins: Mom! Mom! [As they came down the steps.]
Bob: [Picks them up by the arm and drops them out the window.]
Linda: [Crying.]

I like how you discussed the

Submitted by charissaboniface on Fri, 2016-01-29 19:57.

I like how you discussed the issue of domestic violence because it is a huge problem. I also like how you compared it to colors, numbers, and magazines. I think your argument would be even stronger if you cited some websites or articles and brought in some facts about domestic violence. I really like how you compared it to silent night and how you said it is like when a man silences a women I think that is a very strong argument and it is very sad.

Spectacular Job!

Submitted by vickysandoval on Sat, 2016-01-30 20:57.

This was a great topic to discuss and you did an excellent job. The analogies of domestic violence to a color and to a song was a great touch. I also appreciated the video and have to say you're a great interviewer. (I'm assuming it was you that was interviewing). The questions were great for the person you were interviewing and made me learn something new. Maybe next time you can add some facts or statistics about domestic violence to further emphasize your point.

Great Job!

Submitted by lancegui on Sun, 2016-01-31 16:59.

it is a very interesting idea comparing the domestic abuse with color, math, magazine, video, and Silent Night. Overall message is clearly stated. The video is well edited, especially with "Silent Night" music in the end. The law of domestic violence exists, but as a society, we need to advocates the victims to seek helps.

Good video

Submitted by JacobLoose on Sun, 2016-01-31 18:06.

I liked how you summarized the basics of abuse first and compared it to colors, math, and magazines. The dialogue that you provided at the end of the writing was a powerful example of what domestic violence looks like because not all of us have experienced this, but all of us can picture what a situation of violence would look like based on what you wrote. The video was also very well done, the sound quality was great, and I though it was good how you interviewed a social worker to get more information.

great job

Submitted by JacobLoose on Sun, 2016-01-31 18:23.

great job

Great job

Submitted by JacobLoose on Sun, 2016-01-31 18:19.

I liked how you started your article off with a definition of domestic violence, and then comparing it to colors, math, and magazines. That strategy was a good attention grabber. Also, the dialogue you created at the end was a very powerful example of domestic violence. It seemed very real and I was impressed by how simple yet incredibly accurate it was. Not everyone has seen or been through any of this, but all of us can imagine what this type of violence is like based on the dialogue you wrote.
Finally, the video was well done. The sound quality was good and I found it helpful and more interesting that you interviewed a social worker; someone who has worked with victims of domestic violence and other problems.

I really liked how you used a

Submitted by oliviamartha on Sun, 2016-01-31 18:53.

I really liked how you used a lot of different mediums to talk about your topic. The dialogue, and the paragraph that compared domestic violence to colors and magazines helps show your viewpoint. I also think your interview used a lot of different sources that were interesting. For example, I liked how you included a quote between some of your questions. It would also have been interesting if you had some questions in your interview that responded to what the social worker was saying, like asking her to define what she was talking about or give some examples. But I still think the questions you did ask were the right ones. Lastly I just wanted to say that your title grabbed my attention and made me want to read your post!

i really like the way the

zbrown's picture
Submitted by zbrown on Mon, 2016-02-01 16:10.

i really like the way the teacher was answering the questions because it really made sense and it related to what demetria was asking.
i also like the way that demetria was explaining her self to the situation she was talking about.

i really like the way the

zbrown's picture