Slaves and the Pyramids

by: lgonzalez
here is their very words
anubis and his mum

In the book, You Wouldn’t Want to be a Pyramid Builder!” by David Antram, the author describes what life would be like if you had lived around that time in Ancient Egypt. You only had a few belongings and those belongings were tools for pyramid building, a bed, and very few animals, that either help you farm and to eat. Antram tells you what you had to do as an Egyptian slave and who you had to listen to, just to keep your neck from getting hung. Around that time, you were told to believe in certain gods and how to worship them. You also had to work on the pharaoh's pyramid, if you were called to do the job with everyone else.

if you are handy with a mallet and chisel you might find yourself in the stone quarries. the one year the site provides stone for the pyramids core, but the fine limestone used for the outside surface comes from quarries east of the river. If you are sent there you'll be working underground, since the best stone lies beneath the surface. You chip blocks away at the top and sides and then split them free at the base with long wooden levers. It's backbreaking work, but it's not as grim as being sent to quarry granite in the far south of Egypt. It trying hot there and you work in the open,trying to cut into very hard rock with a lump of stone. ( page 12, sent to the quarries)

When you consider the issue of being an Egyptian slave, or someone who works for a harsh pharaoh, some might wonder why you didn’t just leave before anything bad happened to you or your family? Or why you didn’t protest against being treated like garbage? Why didn’t they just leave or protest? The author of this book, David Antram, gives a concrete explanation as to why you could not do so. The real reason is that you would be put through a trail and your punishment would either be impalement, getting whipped, your families food taken away and wouldn’t get it back, or you would be put to death.

There may be other ways to say that but, what was basically just said was that you would get any type of punishment if you were to do anything wrong in that manner. The pharaoh has laid down certain laws that everyone has to obey, even you. Even if you made one little mistake when it comes to anything, you would be put to a certain punishment. Any Egyptian had to be aware of what they did or said about the pharaoh or anyone who worked for him. Have you ever heard of the words, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do”? During that time, that phrase was very common.

This might make you wonder why things were like that. Yet, there was always one topic no one ever spoke of. No one ever realized that if the pharaoh was chosen only because the country was taken over, or that he was chosen because he wa the son(s) of the previous pharaoh. Did they ever realize that someone could have made the idea of voting who they wanted their king was to be? Yes, he or she wouldn’t have lived afterwards, but then people would agree, and everyone will out speak the king or pharaoh, or whoever is ruling.

Around this point, you’re probably thinking, “ isnt that how we all started voting for our president?” sort of, but no, there was plenty of drama and conspiracy going on before we decided that we arent going to keep on with royal families.