Sleep Paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

There are many theories as to why paralysis happens. In many folklores, people claim that these sleep paralysis's are demons that try eat your soul and such. Some say the cure to this is to recite the Quran or the bible (depending the religion the person is). I personally have experienced this plenty of times and I think I have come to a conclusion as to why these paralysis's happens.

I just read a Wikipedia article:

I thought this article was interesting because it talked about something that was relevant to me. The story behind it was really interesting as well.

One sentence from this article that stands out for me is "Some reports read that various factors increase the likelihood of both paralysis and hallucinations. These include:
Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position" I think this is interesting because that is the symptom that I thought was the cause of this sleep paralysis.

What I learned from this article is that there is no none cause of sleep paralysis that is proven to be 100% true. Also, many folklores claim that it is the cause of a demon that is trying to suck your soul and that the only way to get rid of this demon is to say a quote from the Quran or the bible.