So you say you're "bisexual" huh?

by: Tjean

I don't understand the whole epidemic dealing with being bisexual. And also, I don't think that you're really bi.  Either you like boys or you like girls if you're a guy or girl. There are some people who actually think that they're bi, and that's their own personal thing.  A lot of people now are coming out of nowhere and saying, "Oh I'm bisexual."

What crap is that? Seriously? No you're not. You just want people to notice you, and so you say some crap like that. This whole bisexual epidemic is annoying.  I'll put money on it that 40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not, and are mistaken for saying that.

There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey.

Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend. It's really not. I have no problem with gay people. But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay. If you come out of nowhere, and all of a sudden you are saying, "Oh, I'm bisexual. Take it or leave it," then you deserve a slap in the face

You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shut up.  It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint.  No actually, it's annoying. 

Get over yourself and just be real because saying that you're bi doesn't make you cool.  And it won't really give you massive attention that you want anyway. So again, get over yourself.

Well my friend, I agree with

Submitted by GSoukup on Fri, 2009-06-05 11:09.

Well my friend, I agree with you. I think people who are bi are just unsure of what they want, I think that they should say im confused about my sexuality. Not BI. I have no problem with gay people but bi, some people just say it for shock value.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heaven is just a codeine induced fantasy...tut tut tut

and that i highly agree

Submitted by Tjean on Fri, 2009-06-05 18:59.

and that i highly agree on.  Maybe teenagers who are "bi" and who really think they're "bi" are just going through some personal vendetta. They might grow out of it one day who knows.  But for the most part I think it's for shock value just like you said.  And it's kind of annoying really.  

Well, I dont quite get

Submitted by GSoukup on Thu, 2009-06-11 08:50.

Well, I dont quite get this...What vendetta could they possibly have against themselves? Like I understand what you might mean, but the fact of a revenge upon themselvs dosnt seem to have much relevance to this subject. But I ve dated a "bi" girl, and im a guy, so one they are with me, they are hetero, but if they went with a girl they are a lesbian. You can change teams but the fact of the matter is, Bi dosnt mean anything. Its just a word for people who are undecided.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Heaven is just a codeine induced fantasy...tut tut tut

Well, I dont quite get

Oh, honey.

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 13:54.

Hey.

You seem to think that their sexual orientation is any of your business. If they say "I'm a bisexual," then who are you to deny them their own identity? If they tell you, then they trust you. You shouldn't dash their trust on the rocks by totally disregarding their identity.

Even if it isn't a trust thing, even if they are loud and proud about their orientation, you do not have the power to decide that they are wrong. You have no idea! Sexuality does exist on a spectrum. If it didn't, everyone would like the same things, no gray, as you put it. But darling, there are all sorts of people and infinite preferences.

Wait, you once dated someone who was blonde and then dated someone who was brunette? Huh? Dude, you either like one or the other. See how stupid that sounds?

Love isn't defined by one particular rule. I may love a blonde girl, and then turn around and fall for a redhead guy. I don't know. There are so many different factors for attraction that there is no real way to say "This is the rule."

Spread acceptance or, at the very least, tolerance! We are all human. We all deserve to be treated as such.

Peace and love,

A bisexual Smile

P.S. Did I shock you?

YES!

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 18:59.

Thanks for posting this, because I would have if someone else hadn't.

Hon, thank you so much for

Submitted by Diana on Mon, 2013-03-18 02:04.

Hon, thank you so much for posting this. I'm getting very tired of gay and straight people smacking us around and judging us when they've got no way of understanding what it's like to like both genders.

I love your analogy with hair coloring, by the way. It's a good representation of how ridiculous this all is. Granted I'm generally attracted to brunettes, but it doesn't define anything.

There's some fun to it, though. I like telling people that I'm neither, half, or both, then watch their faces scrunch up in confusion.

I totally agree with you

Submitted by Juno Fupero on Sun, 2014-07-06 22:38.

I totally agree with you thanks for standing up for all the bisexual people out their.

Another bisexual person

thanks for that :)

Submitted by Ani on Sat, 2014-08-02 11:34.

thanks for that :)

I couldn't agree more

Submitted by Casper Hilmerson on Tue, 2014-08-26 22:39.

You're absolutely right! It's completely ridiculous that certain people will claim that "there is no grey". You either are attracted to girls, guys, or both. And the thing is, people might be posting their point of view online but if you walk up to someone and ask "are you biphobic or homophobic?" , how likely is it that they'll actually not  try to avoid answering?

- A Bisexual

PS. I'm 12 (Does that shock you?).

THANK YOU! someone gets it!

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2014-08-27 01:19.

THANK YOU! someone gets it! :)

so LGBT community should add

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2014-07-21 05:53.

so LGBT community should add a "C" on it for those who were CONFUSED about their sexuality?

Oh hail for the new LGBTC community..hahahah Laughing

All of the people that agree

Submitted by Lexus on Fri, 2014-09-26 20:51.

All of the people that agree with these people must me idiots because know body should judge any one for what they are cause I am bisexual and there nothing that all of y'all say can stop me from being bi because it's my choice what I am and what I want to do with my life yea I like girls but I like guys to not a big deal so you can just live with cause all of y'all are just jealous that we can stand up for our self and say what we won't we are not like y'all we don't judge people we prove to people we are just as special as all of yall at least we care for other people and don't go around being sexist so STOP nobody cares what y'all say cause we know better than lison to complete idots so there

Actually there are some

Submitted by rvlas on Fri, 2009-06-05 11:11.

Actually there are some people who are born with both sexes and sometimes theyre parents decide for them what they are when they are babies and cut the wrong thing off and thats how u become transaxual or bisexsual

"cut the wrong thing off"?

Submitted by Tjean on Fri, 2009-06-05 18:58.

"cut the wrong thing off"?  I'm not sure about that.  And I think you might be getting transexual and bisexual confused.

You have the complete wrong

Submitted by aarizmen on Thu, 2009-06-11 08:48.

You have the complete wrong idea of what a Bi-sexual or transexual is.It's not that the person was born as a hermaphordite that is different and you need to do more reseach before you go and and say those kind of things it is really offensive! Trans-sexual is when some has changed their gender through their own desisions and Bi-sexual means you find both sexs attractive I just wanted to confirme what the two terms meant.

Bisexual: sexually

Submitted by ELashley on Thu, 2009-06-11 21:57.

Bisexual: sexually attracted to both sexes

Transexual: one who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex. One who has undergone a sex change.

You have mixed up these two definitions, Raul. It is ok and I just wanted you to know what the true definition of both are. Bisexuals aren't born liking both. Same for gays and lesbians. As they grow up they choose what they want in their lives. There is no excuse of, "I was born gay/ a lesbian!" Saying "cut off the wrong thing" that sounded a bit odd. Doctors can't just cut off the "wrong thing" because there are special surgeries to remove and to place body parts. Even if you had something cut off, it doesn't make you a bisexual...

Well i dont agree with you

Submitted by eguaman on Mon, 2009-09-07 20:33.

Well i dont agree with you Evelyn, because I being a gay teenager I mean I never had that moment in my life where I was like ok I am going to like guys from now on, so now I am gay, I mean all i can say is that I think its more of a I wouldnt say its mental (so please people dont come saying I said LGBT people are nuts), But personally I think that once we as teens enter the so called "puverty" age of our lives is when our sexuality is formed or really just established, once you go through puverty you get these changes, and well I think that as we get hairs where we dont want it, and we get odors coming out from our body our sexuality is relle just a part of the puverty process, because when we are kids we tend to immitate what we see so saying that how come there are kids that have bf's/gf's when they are very young well its more like something that people would say kids stuff hehe.  But what I mean is that the sexuality is something that may be established during puverty so it could explain why there are bisexuals because of the puverty cycle we all dont grow or change the same way, and well, it also makes me think about something, which is the theory that it can be changed, well simply temporary change, but this would totally mess up your head pretty much, it wont be something that is natural to you,  you would get used to it, but the real sexuality would just always be there and by forcing yourself or dedicating yourself to changing would only make things worse for you, maybe not in the second where you are feeling like your "normal", but in the future where your brain keeps growing and the basics start to set in again.  Thats when you really come out, when you really accept yourself. Now Woah I have pushed myself off topic, but I believe that you dont choose it, its just something that is naturally made for you like straight people hehe, well this is just a theory that I heard from one of the scientists on T.V but I mean I found it interesting because it makes a lot of sense.  And bisexual to say hmmmm about bisexuals well I mean the thing is that I believe that who ever the person they fall in love with is the person they are going to be with no matter if its a girl or guy they have a wider range hehe.  I have a bisexual boyfriend, and well I dont judge him or say omg pick a side, I mean its really up to him, and since he is with me then he is with me and if it does not work out then he might be with a girl next or another guy.  MY POINT is I dont think that being LGBT is some thing you choose. I know I did not choose it, but I am not afriad of being true to myself, and loving myself for who I am, or less being asshamed of what I am.

Misnomers

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 14:06.

First, Bisexual is NOT having both sets, THAT is Intersexed. Second, Being Bisexual  is not about being greedy of getting attention,. Mant Bisexuals Myself included, are not only tormented by Straight people, but by the Lesbian and gay comunity as well. 
The facts are: We are not greedy, We dont have sex with tow people at once all the time, we just have the capibility to be atracted to either gender.
As a Bisexual male I like BOTH genders, though for entirely different reasons.. I accepted this fact about myself years ago.
I have gotten a LOT of flak about it. My family was understanding, I lost many of my friends.
So inform me...WHO would INTENTIONALY exile them selves to lonlieness? WHO is THAT masocistic?
Granted it is more common for women to be bisexual then men, BUT that is mostly due to societal pressure, and the stigma that comes witn being Bi.  

I myself am Bi and I do

Submitted by aarizmen on Fri, 2009-06-05 11:17.

I myself am Bi and I do believe that people are saying it for attention.It does hurt cause people should be true to themselves I mean you are supposed to be happy about who you are and if you can't be happy then you need to look in the mirror a little more.

i agree completely. i am

Submitted by e.a.meister on Tue, 2010-09-14 10:02.

i agree completely. i am also bi and i have a friend who had a rough time transitioning through the lesbian phase and the straight phase. she told me one day that she doesn't want to be gay and that pissed me off..either you are or you're not, so she claims she's bisexual. there is a huge epidemic of people thinking their bi. just because someone hooked up with someone of the same sex and want to do it again does not mean you're bisexual. what makes you bisexual is being able to be in a relationship with a person of the same sex. If you have a person claiming their bisexual (but not actually bisexual) and give them a situation where they have to chose between one of the same or opposite sex they will always choose the heterosexual route. And that hurts those involved. Being bisexual is not the "cool" thing to be these days. It's serious, it's a lifestyle, and people should respect that.

thank you aarizmen :)

I completely agree with the

Submitted by 11godardg on Fri, 2009-06-05 21:22.

I completely agree with the first comment. People that say they are Bi-sexual say it because they want attention. But i dont understand why people do that. If you dont see people bragging about being straight, then why should we talk about people who are gay or bi-sexual? It isn't normal, and although accepted in our society, i believe it causes alot of problems. For example, gay couples that decide to be serious and get married, or live together...of all these people some decide they want a child. The only solution for them is adoption, and therefore bring a child into their way of living. I dont think this is normal because to be raised, a child needs a mom and a dad because each bring him/her different things. I am open to what people have to say to this, and would like to know who agrees or disagrees with me.

Dear Gautier; I read your

Submitted by aarizmen on Thu, 2009-06-11 09:09.

Dear Gautier;

I read your comment to,"So you say your "Bi-sexual" huh?," because I disagree with what you  said I have been raised in a house hold with 2 mothers I have came out Bi-sexual because of my own decisions but I do think people say it for attention but me I don't tell people because it is personal and I think that you should be proud of who you are but I do think since straight couples don't make a big deal either should we it is a different way of living that is all. Some Gay couples do have children before they get into their Gay relationships they were with either a man/women but situations happen that change their mind or just were always that way but it took a little while to notice.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:"a child needs a mom and a dad because each bring him/her different things." I think it is kind of off because some children are born and have a single parent wouldn't that mean you would still need a dad seeing as how in your comment it say you need a mom and a dad I don't think you need a mom and a dad. True that they both bring different things from their own experiences but also a parent made the choice to either have the child or not and in that decision knew what responsibility it would be to raise and give the child the best life possible.

Another sentence that I read was:"The only solution for them is adoption, and therefore bring a child into their way of living." This stood out for me because many Lesbian and Gay couples that decide to have a child go to a Sperm donor and there are many other solutions but this is only one example other then adoption but the benefit of adoption would be giving a child that needs a home and a family the hope and faith that this can really happen.

I don't agree with you that It isn't normal.One reason I say this is because Many other things happen in the world it's just so many people have chosen to pay attention to this topic.Another reason I disagree with you is cause many people have made it so hard for Gay couples to make it that they feel the need to show that finally they can maybe make a change.

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next,because I found your comment the most interesting of all and I think that you make a good point.

I was brought up in a

Submitted by AyannaL on Thu, 2010-02-04 20:59.

I was brought up in a lesbian household, and I'm a girl.  But my mother being a lesbian hasn't turned me into a lesbian.  As a teenager, we're all just curious.  And i have mixed feelings about gay/lesbian couples raising a child because I've noticed that not having a father has affected my life more than I thought.

tell me you're not serious

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2014-08-08 01:03.

Well, actually, believe it or not, people who identify as bisexual say it because.... *drumroll*.... they like guys, AND they like girls, all at the same time!!!! WOW! Mindlblown!

Why would anyone lie about their sexuality? From your post, I'm assuming you're straight. Would you ever claim that you're gay just to get attention? No, because our sexual orientations are an important part of our identification, and it makes us uncomfortable to lie to ourselves and others about it. Next, the importance of gay pride. Gay pride (using "gay pride" as an umbrella term for LGBTQ pride) is important because of LGBTQ history. Even today, we do not have the same rights as straight people, so to obtain equality, we participate in marches, parades, ect.. to represent ourselves in a place where we would otherwise be shunted aside. Our history has been, needless to say, tragic. First, legal restraints on our ability to be with, start families with, even write about 'our lifestyle', which is supposedly so awful and unholy that even the slightest exposure will start a fullblown epedemic of gayness. AIDS, of course, affected everyone, but mainly ravaged LGBTQ communities; we suffered the most and lost the most. For a long time, one couldn't even admit to being gay without being ostracized. This being said, there is no reason to not like being straight. Our sexual orientation is important, so liking the fact that you're heterosexual is fine, probably even healthy. But straight people have never faced hardship because of their sexuality. They aren't targeted or bullied for liking the opposite sex, and historically, they have always been the majority. There is no reason to celebrate your straightness. Gay pride is people saying "Hey! We're here, we're gay, and we're proud to FINALLY be able to say it!"  What do straight people have to announce? 

Now, to the subject of gay couples adopting. You say they need a mom and a dad. What does that even mean? Nowadays, there is no difference between the roles of the mother and the father. Typically, to sustain a family, both need to work, so both provide financial stability, so there goes the typical 'father role'. Even though only the mother figure has those traits, I hope both parents show compassion and tenderness with their children,. Then, it's a question of the individual personalities of the parents. Not all mothers are alike, and the same goes for fathers. As individuals, parents all bring something unique to the upbringing of their child: their gender won't affect that. 

You mentioned 'their lifestyle'. You know, I'll let you in on a secret. Gay people's lives are not too different from your own. The only difference is the people they sleep with and form romantic relationships with. Do you seriously think that two gay dads will teach their toddler about butt sex just because that's the kind of intercourse they might participate in? Just like heterosexual parents, gay parents aren't going to talk about romantic intimacy until their kids are ready to learn about safe sexual relationships, typically in their teens. And, as you pointed out, gayness can't be inherited; the vast majority of gay people are born to heterosexual parents. Chances are, gay parents will adopt a straight child. If their kid happens to be gay, well then they're in a good place, because their parents will be able to help them cope with any injustice and hardships that will arise because of other's disrespect for homosexuality.

Also, it's hard to take you seriously when you can't even spell 'bisexual' correctly.

Now, I only read the comment

Submitted by 11chajeta on Fri, 2009-06-05 21:30.

Now, I only read the comment belonging to 11godardg and he seems to make alot of sense. People who say they are "Bi Sexual" are simply trying to bring attention to themselves. Who would ever want to bring that upon themselves? Im not against homosexuality, buts its a burden that I dont think anyone wants to have on themselves.

I think that many people

Submitted by maryamkhan on Sat, 2009-06-06 13:29.

I think that many people that are actually bi don't realize what they are and some that are not actually think that they actually are and get confused by their selves,BUT if u r actaully not a big deal just try to control ur horse on bothsides and tried to be in one side.

I agreed with u that some

Submitted by KCardona on Thu, 2009-06-11 10:28.

I agreed with u that some people people become "bi" just for attention, i do however believe the bisexuality actually exists i don't believe that things are either black, or white but shades of grey. there are few things in the world that are solids shades of white or solid shades of black. Sometimes I think people are born bisexual with the ability to become attracted to both/either gender but as they age culture,society,and environment attracts them to one gender or the other. I think that maybe at our age people are confused with their sexuality while trying to find self-identity. I think bisexuality is nothing to be ashamed of , but if you claim to be bisexual actually mean it dont sazy it just as like some fad or becuase your friends say the are

I agree and disagree. I do

Submitted by aru on Thu, 2009-06-11 10:32.

I agree and disagree. I do believe bisexuality has become a trend and people abuse this for attention. There are some people who feel they may have feelings for the same gender and are not sure of what they want. There are also people out there who can openly love both genders for who they are and not what they look like or what organs they contain. As long as they make you happy what else do you need? I agree some people are just confused about their sexuality and mix up their feelings for bisexuality or homosexuality.

The word bisexual is a way

Submitted by kbaik on Thu, 2009-06-11 10:36.

The word bisexual is a way of saying undecided. It just means that you can go both ways. Like a status. Nothing to be proud of, but it means you would consider going out with both sex. Like Tjean I also think that you are either gay or straight. If you are going out with someone of the same sex your gay, if your going out with someone of the opposite sex your straight. It's like a yes or no question. If you choose to go out with someone of the same sex, people will consider you gay. Even if you say that you are bisexual... Also I don't see how being Bisexual is cool.

Hey everyone, I've got an idea!

Submitted by Chantal on Wed, 2013-01-30 17:54.

several ideas actually,

Number one, stop trying to give your definition of bisexuality. As people who are not bi, you have no personal understanding or experience with bisexuality, therefore you have no logical reason to think you can properly define it. The same goes for transsexuality.

Number two, at least try to do some research on a topic before you speak about it authoritatively, especially if you are incapable of any form of personal understanding.

number three, If expressing these opinions is so important to you, try working on your spelling and grammar so that you can actually get your point across in the first place.

Idk if I'm more insulted by these attacks on my sexuality and gender identity, or if I'm more ashamed to call myself a teenager based on the lack of intelligence I am witnessing from other teens.

thank you - reading some of

Submitted by Ani on Sat, 2014-08-02 11:32.

thank you - reading some of these comments was seriously starting to upset me

OMG THANK YOU CHANTAL!!! I am

Submitted by Tiffany C on Mon, 2014-08-04 03:46.

OMG THANK YOU CHANTAL!!! I am a hetero mom and my daughter is my universe. I found this site tonight because I was trying to identify with my daughter who is 15, and is a very loving child. About a year ago she came out to me as bi through a lengthy set of circumstances that I really couldn't even imagine trying to explain in text form. The short version would be that she ended up having a best friend that I later learned was bi and that's where it all started (or so I thought. But now I'm not so sure) I know for a fact that she isn't sexually active but she has had crushes on boys as well as girls. Although I'm ashamed to say it took me a while to adjust once she told me, I accepted it and still love my precious baby more than anything in this world. Is it a phase for her? I don't know. She has self esteem issues and is easily drawn to others showing interest in her, telling her she's pretty or sweet etc. (Not sexual interest, which truly offends her). I don't understand her need for external confirmation because I always address her as "beautiful" or "precious" etc. As I said before I'm straight, I have no idea what it is to be bi. There was one point in my life when I had NO-ONE not even family and I found myself hating men (for reasons I will not get into, but they were valid at the time). I ended up in a relationship with a woman who was openly gay though she knew I was straight and I actually felt as though I loved her although I knew I wasn't being true to myself. For obvious reasons it didn't last and I'm happy to say that my boyfriend and I have been together for five years raising our children together as a family which means that my daughter finally has a dad. After reading all of these posts I really can't believe that there are so many judgments being made, especially in such a high tech age where our children are exposed to so much more in terms of external influences which extend FAR beyond our homes and the immediate world around them unlike when I was a kid. So if they really are just "confused"... GEE I CAN'T POSSIBLY IMAGINE WHY. I don't think anyone who really stops and thinks about it should blame them. I think that's perfectly logical. If that's the case, then don't bash them for using bi as a misnomer especially since they are still kids and THEY may not even know that they are just confused. On the other hand maybe they really are bi and have the ability to love openly regardless of gender. Either way only time will tell. I can't even imagine growing up as a teen in this day and age with so many outside influences combined with all of the usual crap that I went through as a teen. However having said all of this (not easy to compose effectively on a teeny, tiny little smartphone so I apologize in advance for a lack of cohesive composition) what on earth has happened to spelling? My daughter spelled better than most of the people commenting on this page when she was 10. I don't know what concerns me more, the astonishing number of teens who think they are bi compared to when I was a kid or the fact that nobody can spell worth a crap any more. As a mom, I found this page looking for intelligent insight and am sorry to say I'm eaving far less than satiated.

NOPE

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2014-08-08 01:14.

Being bisexual isn't being undecided, confused, or going through a phase. Please never say that to someone who identifies as bisexual. I am bisexual, and I am 100% decided. My decision is that I like guys and girls at the same time. I have decided to not limit myself to one gender, since in the end, it's the personality of my partner that creates compatability, not their gender. 

I'm assuming that since you claim that bisexuality isn't real, you aren't bisexual. If that is the case, please refrain from defining my sexuality; you are unqualified to do so. If bisexuality upsets you that much, I suggest you ignore it, not attack the identited of those who are bi. 

Dear Tarik, First of all,

Submitted by XLiu on Thu, 2009-06-11 10:40.

Dear Tarik,

First of all, you should think of this in a fair attitude, looking at your writing, I could feel the sense that you look down on "bi". Expressing opinion is good, but you should try not to offend others.

By the way, I disagree with you.
To you, bisexual seems like a game others made up to get attention to themselves, but that's not always true.
To judge a type you have to be one of them first, or else you won't understand anything about them, and you would have no right to judge them.

People always just look at the things on the outside and give their opinions, not really knowing the detail of the whole story.

I partly agree and disagree

Submitted by bmong on Thu, 2009-06-11 10:45.

I partly agree and disagree with what you said, Tarik:D I agree that some people nowadays make bisexual as a trend, although they're not really gay or bisexual. It is annoying!-_- But there's part of the people are actually bisexual. We might think that they are undecided, however, I partly disagree what you mentioned "There is only gay or straight, but no grey." Sometimes there is not always true or false and grey is existed.

Thats true a lot of people

Submitted by tthomas on Thu, 2009-06-11 11:03.

Thats true a lot of people say their bi just so people would think ''ooo he doesn't only like boys he likes girls too', but either way if your bi or not, u still like the same sex so some people wouldn't really care if u like the opposite sex or not, u still find the same sex attractive. But it doesn't really matter to me, the fact is I get where your coming from.

To tell you the truth I am

Submitted by eguaman on Fri, 2009-06-12 08:45.

To tell you the truth I am gay as a lot of people know, but I mean I have gone out with my share of bisexuals but don't understand how someone is bisexual, either you are gay or you are straight, I don't think that there is anything in between, but want me to tell you something I am not saying this is true for every single person, but I tend to see that the bisexual friends and ex boyfriends that I have been with are very sexually active, as in they like sex a lot that they really don't mind if its with either a girl or a guy. I think that some people in the other hand are just too afraid to come out as it is, I had tons of friends that came to me saying they are bi and then at the end come clean and say "no I am really gay, I just said I'm bi because I want kids and want to live a normal life without being considered weird or different. I think that Bisexuality is the effect of society on the gay community, they are either too afraid or want to fit in society so they tend to try to get as close as they can to being normal well that's what I think for gay people that are afraid to come ALL the Way out of the closet. Like I said not everyone is sexually active, or afraid to come out, so there might be something there about bisexuality, but I mean I just still don't understand how you can like both things, you can either like a girl or a guy. But what I know for sure is that EVERYONE that says they are BISEXUAL will find out at the end what they really are and who they really like.

I am male and

Submitted by dvonfalkenhayn on Sun, 2009-07-05 06:23.

I am male and bisexual. Coming from someone who actually is a bisexual, not just a judgemental straight or gay person, I think what I’m telling you has some validity: Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean you’re right.

Kbiak, you agree that you are either gay or straight? Its not a matter of what you think! Its not up for debate. It is a matter of fact, not opinion. If the notion of people not only being attracted to one gender is too much for you to comprehend well that’s your problem.

This is what people say when they are confused about bisexuality, when it doesn’t fit into their preconceptions of what love is and how and to whom by whom it may be expressed. Why do you stand ignorantly by these preconceptions when love and/or sexual attraction so observably does not follow their principles?

I cannot believe 11gogardg has his/her opinions. I don’t doubt that people there are jumping to bisexuality like to get attention, or because they consider it a trend (in which case call me and I will fly over there from Australia and slap them myself!), but to say it so imperatively?  Who the hell are you to judge? Who the hell made you the judge? How dare you state that “people that say they are Bi-sexual say it because they want attention”, where the hell do you get off making those judgement about people? How can you just dismiss the legitimacy of a sexuality so insultingly? I can tell you wholeheartedly when I came out as bisexual attention was not my motive. My sexuality had been subject to enough unwanted attention before I came out. How dare you condescend me when the only thing you are going by is your own ignorance.

Perhaps it is not a trend, but rather more and more people are being enlightened to the fact that who they are attracted to may not fall neatly into the strict realms of homosexuality or heterosexuality (or typical bisexuality). There are many people who realise that they are interchangeably attracted to both sexes. BISEXUALS. Heard of them? People should be more liberal with their sexualities. Someone might want to sleep with a member of the same sex on a single occasion- so just do it. There shouldn’t be a need to think up a new word for every different level of bisexuality.

Tjean says “the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek” well it may well have been, but that doesn’t mean that they are not attracted to women.

Most truly heterosexual people aren’t prepared to make out with members of the same sex for attention. And so what if somebody may only be able to be attracted to the opposite sex on a sexual level? So that's it. It’s that simple. It doesn’t mean their sexual attraction isn’t valid.

So many people here are saying that they are just saying that they are bisexual because they are confused about their sexuality. The only confusion that bisexuals are going to feel is gonna come from their sexualities conflicting with the preconceived notions (which are taught  by people like you) of the way love should function. “I like guys, but that’s weird…” “I like both sexes, but according to these people I’m only supposed to like one, oh I’m so confused- I don’t know which one! I guess I’m sexually confused”  You demand that they make a decision but criticise them when it’s bisexuality. If somebody is attracted to both sexes then WHAT is the confusion? I’d say a far greater number of people concede to being heterosexual if they are sexually confused. I always did, and now that I’ve come out (unfortunately not as gay- like everyone would prefer) as bisexual, now I’m the guy who’s to chicken to come out as gay. I’m in THERAPY because of the distress this has caused me!

Once people come to terms with their attractions, they understand their own attractions. You are just making that process slower and more difficult by criticising bisexuality.

Equaman, naturally bisexuals don’t mind whether a person is a man or a woman, but to suggest that this is because they are just so sex-crazed they just jettison their self-respect and are too desperate to care who or what they are sleeping with is disgustingly ignorant, and perpetuates the myth. There are far more sex-crazed people who are bound by heterosexuality.

People are saying that they will “grow out of it”. The fact that they may “grow out of it” just proves that sexuality is more liberal than your strict and ignorant preconceptions would allow. And “grow” out of it? Insulting choice of words. Your implying that it wanes with maturity. Somebody’s sexuality may deviate, but that does not mean that they aren’t attracted to both sexes, or that it definitely will change over time. “Deviation” does not mean “growth”, or “bettering”.

The worst thing about this judgemental crap is that because of it, actual bisexuals fear being open because they fear being attached to such stigma. Could you even begin to understand how difficult that makes somebody's life? Tjean’s accusations are nothing but harmful. How is somebody who is bisexual supposed to tell you that they are bisexual without you assuming that they are not? You say they’re all sexually confused, on the fence, whatever, but then you say “Oh, but I believe that bisexual people do exist” as a convenient little disclaimer. Well what makes you the judge? What makes anybody but the actual person the judge?

Bisexuality is NOT a fence.

Thanks for posting that

Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2014-08-28 07:08.

Thanks for posting that because people saying that we will get over it. And how we are confused and we either straight or gay or lesbian. All I wanted to say was thank very much. And people? Do some research for once in your life.

Dear Tjean; I'd say that the

Submitted by wdhaverstock on Sun, 2009-07-05 07:55.

Dear Tjean; I'd say that the response you got is the reason for the "trend" in bisexuality.  It's a hot topic.  I believe that there are people who are sexually attracted to both sexes.  I don't think we have any control over that.  We are what we are - straight, gay or bi.  But the trend is media generated.  Sex sells and since they can't show explicit straight sex in the mainstream media but they can show mildly titillating girl-on-girl sex, they're doing that and doing it for commercial reasons.  Straight men are supposed to enjoy watching lesbians.  So the fake trend is mostly for girls to be bi-sexual - to get straight into the straight male's wallet.

Dear tJean :   I

Submitted by dcawdery on Mon, 2009-09-07 22:04.

Dear tJean :

I disagreed with your posting , "So you say you're bisexual huh?", because I feel that some people don't choose to be bisexual, they were just born that way. I don't think that everyone that says they are bisexual is trying to get attention, but if they are they should be ashamed. It is not right to say you are something that you're not.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Either you like boys or you like girls if you're a guy or girl." I think this is arrogant because there has to be some people that are attracted to the same and opposite sex. Some people are just experimenting with the sexuality and are unsure of what they really are attracted to.

Another sentence that I disliked was: "To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey." This stood out for me because I feel that there are people that are bisexual. If people weren't bisexual, than there would not be a term made up for people who are.

Your post reminds me of some kids that I heard have called themselves bisexual. I agree with you when you said that some people are faking being bisexual. Some people do just want attention and want people to notice them more. It is not right to say that you are for attention.

Thanks for your work on this. I look forward to seeing what you create next, because this article has put a new perspective on bisexuality. This topic isn't discussed much and it is bold of you to take a stand of what you think.

I don't think your opinion

Submitted by MNoguchi on Tue, 2009-10-20 08:35.

I don't think your opinion is wrong or anything; I mean it's what you think and there's no way of changing that, but I believe that for you to just bluntly offend people is insensitive of you.  

I agree with yout

Submitted by mgao on Tue, 2009-10-20 09:15.

I agree with yout post "So you say you're "bisexual" huh? " because I think people saying they're bi because they want others to notice them.

I sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:"To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey." I think this is true because I agree there aren't such people are bi.

Dear T.Jean :   I disagree

Submitted by byan on Tue, 2009-10-20 11:38.

Dear T.Jean :
  I disagree your post,"So you say you're "bisexual" huh?" because not all the bi are "fake" and trying to make people know about them. Maybe they are just not scared to tell people that they are bi.and i don't think that "fake bi" tell people that they are bi to get famous,because if they did. People will treat them not the way how they treat other,just because that they are bi.So why they want to do that ?
  One sentence you wrote that stand out for me is:"Stop saying that you are bisexual!" I think this is very annoying,because being bi or not is your own business and stop telling people about that. I don't want to walk on the hall way and hear that who who who is bi...What's so cool about bi???
  Another sentence that i disagree was:"I'll put money on it that 40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not, and are mistaken for saying that." This is totally not right. How do you know 40%of bi are "fake"? how do you ?If you cant make sure that, then stop saying it.Because you don't understand bi.
  Your post reminds me something that happened to me. One time, my friend told me that she is bi and i got really surprise. But i still friends with her, because no matter what she is, she is my friends.and i don't think bi is other than "normal"
  Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next,because I found your comment the most interesting of all.

I deffanitly agree with

Submitted by tmonteiro on Tue, 2009-10-20 16:26.

I deffanitly agree with you...

People that say there Bi are unsure of what they want they don't know if a guy pleases them or if its a girl. It's one or the other not both. I also do find it a mockery I mean me and my friends sometimes joke around about that but we don't go ode. We just say it because we crazy and stupid but it is a mockery to gay people and may offend some gay people and that ain't cool. :[

Dear Tarik Jean, I enjoyed

Submitted by hrashid on Tue, 2009-10-20 16:57.

Dear Tarik Jean,

I enjoyed your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?" because even though I don't completely agree with you, there is much I can relate to as compared to your opinions.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend." This is interesting because it explains how some people find something popular, like bisexuality and claim there are one to attract attention to themselves.

Another sentence that was powerful was: "But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay." This stood out to me because despite the fact that some people want attention by saying they're bisexual, some could be unsure. To avoid conflicts of unsurity of their sexual orientation, they use the word "bisexual" as an excuse.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time, a friend of mine started going around, telling everyone she was bisexual. I believe it was just for attention because she couldn't stand being in a romantic relationship with a girl like she did with a guy, so how can she be bi? Maybe some feel attracted to both genders but that doesn't make them bisexual unless they are willing to be a serious relationship with either one.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because even if I disagree with some of your thoughts, your post helped think about new ideas.

Dear: Tarik Jean I sort of

Submitted by mmartinez on Tue, 2009-10-20 18:11.

Dear: Tarik Jean

I sort of disagree with your post " So you say you're  "bisexual" huh?" because there are people that are bisexual. Some people don't know which sex they like more, so they just stay liking both sexes. Also there are bisexual people not everyone has to be either gay or straight.

One sentence you wrote that I agree with is "You just want people to notice you, and so you say some crap like that". I think you are right about this statement because some people think that being bisexual is cool there for they say that they are bisexual. I knew this girls that wanted so much attention that she ended up saying she was bisexual; when in reality she flipped out when girls touched her in a sexual way.

One sentence in which I disagree with is " Although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey". This stood out to me because there are bisexual people. Not everyone has a preference for either female or male. They like both so bisexual people do exist.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. One reason I say this is because some people just say they are bisexual to make them seem cool. One reason I disagree is because bi people do exist and they don;t say it just to sound cool.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you have to write next, because you have good topics to talk and discuss about.

Dear Tarik Jean,    I

Submitted by rgoodman on Tue, 2009-10-20 19:21.

Dear Tarik Jean,
    I agree and disagree with your post."So you think your "bisexual" huh? I agree because, most people do this to grab attention. I disagree with you because i know people who has done things with the same sex and it was more then just kissing. When they are with the same sex that they are attracted to they really do show affection towards the person.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is "bi is as cool as smoking pot." This stood out to me because, so people do it to seem cool because they want to it in a certain social group with their friends or they want to fit in a certain crew at their school. I think this is lame because you should just be yourself and be honest of your liking whether it is a boy or girl.
    Another sentence that I disagree with is "oh, I'm bi sexual take it or leave it," then you deserve a slap in the face." I think that this is wrong because, this person has the decency to come out and admit their true feelings and this is why most people don't come out because, people are to quick to judge and offend them.
    I do agree with you when you say"but the people i do have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay." I agree because i think that this makes people hide how they feel inside because, people are so quick to judge and make fun of them. I think that this is wrong because, how would you feel if someone made fun of you and your opinions, you wouldn't want to come out.
    Thanks or writing . I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic was very interesting to me. You were also very real and weren't afraid to say what was on your mind.

Dear Tarik, I don't like

Submitted by akatz on Tue, 2009-10-20 20:41.

Dear Tarik,

I don't like your post "so you say you're bisexual, huh?" because it doesn't make sence. There are such people who do like guys and girls equally which makes them bi. But i bet you knew that, right? Your argument is weak because you stated that 40% of people who claim their bi are actually not. That makes no sence what so ever. All that is is that your saying more than half of the people are bi. That just totally turns on your whole post. I don't understand what your saying and you could be hurting people who might be reading your post. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is " then you deserve a slap in the face". I think this is wrong of you because your making 2 points that are totally opposite form eachother. First your saying there can't be a bi, now your deffending gay people? You've probably offended more than half of your audience already. Another sentence that  i didnt like was " get over yourself and just be real, because saying your bi doesnt make you cool ". Nobody said they were cool. Being bi is not like smoking a cigerette. It's not something to show off or to shove it in someones face stating that they as an individual are cool. People are bi and maybe you need to rethink the fact that your offending others. You don't have to like the fact that you might be wrong but get the facts straight before you put out incorrect info.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Dear Tarik,      I

Submitted by smanuzon on Tue, 2009-10-20 21:27.
Dear Tarik,

I disliked your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?" because it is a flame against sexuality. How ignorant is it to not to believe someone is bisexual when they really are. They like boys and girls, so what? It's not impossible.
     One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real." I think this is ignorant because it's like saying "there's no such thing as ambidextrous". Is it that hard to get it through your head?
    Another sentence I disliked was: "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shutup". This stood out for me because it shows just how dumb you are. It's only true for the people who fake being bisexual for attention, and they're all dumb. However, it is not true for people who actually are bisexual and are attracted to girls and boys.
    I do not agree with you that bisexuality is fake. One reason I say this is because it is obvious bisexuality is real. Another I disagree with you is because you have an obvious resentment against bisexual people.
    (This whole comment has been based off a prompt) Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to see how stupid you'll make yourself sound next time. What's your next theory? All asians are super geniuses that know kung fu?

Im straight but you dont

Submitted by ShanjidaA on Wed, 2009-11-18 11:05.

Im straight but you dont gotta make fun of them. So who cares, you just relized people are bi, they were born like that, theyre not trying to be cool. Its hard for them to come right out and say it because other people start rumors and everything saying stay away and stuff. Maybe youre just jeloiuse. If they really annoy you then just leave them be.

I agree with you because of

Submitted by JocelinG on Thu, 2010-02-04 17:58.

I agree with you because of them being them selves. I don't agree with you say that- that person was born like that, it's actually depends on how the person was rased.

Dominique at East-West

Submitted by DEncarnacion on Wed, 2009-11-18 11:36.

Dominique at East-West School of International Studies, Flushing, NYC, USA

Dear Tarik,

I absolutely agree with you. I could understand if a girl want's to experiment with her own sex but from that being interpeted as bisexuality is ridiculous. I love my gay's and lesbian's but by people claiming their bi is tainting homosexual beliefs. I just can't see how a man would enjoy have sexually relations with other man and the next day be with a woman. It's to very different experiences being with a woman and being with a man.

I'm speaking particular to man. A lot of gay man say their bisexual at first because their in denial about their sexual orientation but once they've accept it all of the sudden they were never bi just afraid of being ridiculed for their likings. I had a friend who swore on his fathers grave he was straight, then a year later he swore he was bi untill finally he came out about his true sexual orientation. I looked at him like him with the expression " you except me to be suprised".. it seemed like the   only one who couldn't come to terms with his sexual preferences was him. I knew he was gay from the moment I met him.

As for women, maybe they can't tell the difference between experimenting and actually liking both sexes. Like you said " either you like boys or you like girls".  Your either on one side of the fence, but you can't be in the middle.

Tjean; On the issue of

Submitted by ASisneros on Wed, 2009-11-18 19:39.

Tjean;

On the issue of bisexuality, I agree with you when you say that many " are going around saying it like it's a new trend". I'm not sure when it became socially acceptable for sexuality to be trendy, but it has definately reached that status. I think some females are drawn to bisexuality as a result of the male obsession with lesbianism, and I agree when you say that it is often taken to an extreme.

However, I'm not sure where you are basing some of your opinions.  You stated, "To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey". Obviously, this is a personal statement. I'm assuming you are not bisexual, and therefore have no way of saying exactly what others feel. You are not bisexual, and therefore it is a foreign concept.  I am straight, but I can easily acknowledge the fact that others may have different preferences, and whether gay, straight or bisexual, we are all allowed to do as we please. I understand why you have become annoyed at those who state their sexuality in an attempt to get attention, but I don't think there is any need to denounce the entire bisexual population, hinting that perhaps every single bisexual person in history was just confused.

Thank you for your post. It is definately the most interesting I've read lately. Also, the comments are politically incorrect and hilarious.

Analise

i dont agree with you.

Submitted by ljames on Thu, 2009-11-19 08:38.

i dont agree with you.

I don't agree with what you

Submitted by ljames on Thu, 2009-11-19 08:50.

I don't agree with what you have to say about bisexuals. They are human too and deserve to have the same feelings towards amny sex as any human being, gay straight or lesbian. Bisexuals fall in between of the gay and lesbian chain. They often get ridiculed as we can see by your post. They don't deserve to be made fun of or called fake or confused.

I actually dont think that they are confused, I think that they just like both sexes. Is that so wrong. I didnt like the fact that you were attacking them when you said "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shut up.  It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint.  No actually, it's annoying". That's just down right mean, i have came across many bisexuals and they aren't bi because they want to be cool or down. I may agree however, that some bisexuals arent really bisexual they just want some type of male attention or female attention. However, a majority of them are really interested in BOTH sexes.

My friend is actually bisexual and has a BOYFRIEND and a GIRLFRIEND whom she loves and adores very much. Both of her "spouses know about one another because they know that she is bisexual and is interested in  both sexes. She doesn't just kiss the girl or kiss the boy on their cheeks, she actually engages in sexual activities with them both. Shes brought them both home to her mother to meet them. wether or not ion the future she wants to marry the guy or the girl or maybe even them both is up to her. Shes a sweet heart and I love her for who she is, I dont ridicule her for her lifes choices. What she believes in is what she believes in. what other bisexuals believe in is what they believe in.

Nobody wants to be ridiculed about their sexuality because isnt it their lives. You can have your opinions but do a little research befor you find yourself sounding HIGHLY IGNORANT. Im just quite disgusted by your post.

AND NO I AM NOT A BISEXUAL IF THATS WHAT YOUR WONDERING, I JUST THINK YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS ARE WRONG AND YOUR IDEAS ARE PATHEDIC AND THAT YOU HAVE NO SENSE!!

Tarik, I agree immensely

Submitted by atorres on Thu, 2009-11-19 09:10.

Tarik,

I agree immensely with your post. The trend is getting annoying because it only shows how confused people are in their sexuality. I think if you are homosexual or heterosexual, you are born that way. You can't just declare yourself at a moment that you are gay all of sudden, it is just simply: you are born with it, and you just realize it now. Therefore, bisexuality isn't an option.

My friend said she was a bisexual, but I didn't know what to think of it. This just didn't made any sense or will ever. As you said, "There is no grey."

In my opinion, bisexuality

Submitted by AyannaL on Thu, 2010-02-04 20:54.

In my opinion, bisexuality is non-existent or just a fad that all the girls are doing.  At our age its too early to know what we want, hence the word curiosity.  Once older, deep down inside, you'll know what you trully want.  For now, we're all just kids trying to be adults with adult situations and making are lives harder than they should be.

i dont care its their life

Submitted by abec7577 on Thu, 2010-03-04 12:40.

i dont care its their life they can  be free about it

u know what i have friends

Submitted by abec7577 on Thu, 2010-04-22 11:31.

u know what i have friends that r bi and they truely r.and u can tell if they r. and u shouldnt talk about gays cause i have a gay uncle and cousin and i luv gays. and they dont have to make out with a gurl to show u they r truely bi . they probably just kiss eachother on the cheek cause they dont want people talkin crap sayin"ewww..those girls r makin out"

Tjean, I understand your

Submitted by AnnieL. on Tue, 2010-09-14 09:57.

Tjean, I understand your annoyance with others being something they are not, but there is no way for you to prove that these people are not bisexual. The modern world we live in today is the most accepting man kind has encountered. Did you ever think that there were always this many people who considered themself bisexual but lived in a society that didn't accept their sexual orrientation? Think back to when (and in some parts of the country still), being homosexual was not accepted and people thought that one could only be attracted to someone of the same sex, no "grey area" as you would say. But with freedom comes progression and we must accept and support all human beings in their search for identity, even if we don't understand. "It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint." I wasn't aware that illegal substance abuse was "cool". Think about it.

Tjean, I know where your

Submitted by joes on Tue, 2010-09-14 10:09.

Tjean, I know where your coming from saying that many people claim to be bi-sexual for attention.  But, there is just no way that 40 percent of people that claim to be bi-sexual are doing it for attention.  i think you need to be a little more sensitive about the subject.  Just because you feel that a person is no bi-sexual, doesn't give you the right to tell them there not.  You cannot tell people that they don't know what sexuality they are, maybe they are just confussed and they don't need someone telling them that they are just trying to get attention.  I feel it would take a lot of courage to come out and say that.  I know what you mean sometimes I feel some kids do it for attention, but i am not going to call them out.  But i do know kids that I thought could never be bi-sexual, but sure enough he is. thanks for the intresting topic.

Tjean, I can see your stand

Submitted by M. Ordonez on Tue, 2010-09-14 10:21.

Tjean, I can see your stand on bisexuality, however, have you done any scientific research about this topic? I agree that some teens may be in a "confused state", but I'm not sure that "40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not". Is this your opinion or is this an actual statistic? Have you considered people can't choose who they are attracted to? Thanks for your opinion, I look forward to your next post.

Tjean, I completely agree

Submitted by Nafisa.Masud on Tue, 2010-09-14 10:27.

Tjean, I completely agree with your comment. I'm not sure if people claim to be bisexual because they crave attention, but I definitely believe the term "bisexual" is just a synonym for "confused." If you're confused about your sexuality, don't call yourself something you're not.

Tjean, I disagree with a

Submitted by JeffS on Tue, 2010-09-14 10:34.

Tjean, I disagree with a lot of what you are saying. First off, I think that there is such thing as being bisexual. If there were not how do you explain, for example, the men who have wives for parts of their lives and then divorce them and start relationships with partners of the same sex. I have a friend whose father was married to his mother for 24 years and had 4 children with her and recently divorced her and came out of the closet with a homosexual partner. How do you explain this? Maybe that they changed? I find that incredibly hard to understand. I believe sexual tendencies like that must have been present in someone for a long time. I do agree that there is a portion of people claiming to be bisexual that are indeed only making the claim for attention and are not sexually attracted to both sexes. But I think that just because there are people who do that, you can't just go ahead and deny that bisexuality exists all together. I also want to point out that you contradict yourself in saying you don't believe that anyone is truly bisexual and later state that 40% of bisexual people are not actually bisexual. By inference that means that, the other 60% (according to you) are bisexual. I also am slightly offended at your comment about anyone who says that they are bisexual unexpectedly should be slapped in the face. I think this is along the same lines as saying that anyone who comes out of the closet and tells the world that they are gay should be slapped. If you truly had no problem with homosexuals then you would be much more accepting of people who acknowledge they they are attracted to both sexes. Just because you believe that there is only heterosexuality and homosexuality and no grey area, does not mean it is necessarily true. I look forward to any future points you have to make about this topic. 

Tjean, I feel like you're

Submitted by Mackenzie-B on Wed, 2010-09-15 15:17.

Tjean, I feel like you're getting frustrated over things that you can't control. People are born and as they grow older and learn more about themselves, sexual orientation starts to become clear. Heck, it can even start pretty young for some. But I will admit that there is a large amount of responses as Bisexual, rather then fully Homosexual or Heterosexual. If I could be brutally logical with you here, there is an actual gray area between sexual orientation. Most people fall between the spectrums, and it's perfectly normal. There may be certain individuals who are full Homosexual or fully Heterosexual, but the facts for those are small. Therefore, in technical terms almost everyone that you meet has a tendency towards the same sex, no matter how small. I would just like you to be more aware of the facts and logic behind this idea. Thank you for your post, it gets people thinking.

Tjean- First off, what you

Submitted by Dan Goodman on Thu, 2010-09-16 00:08.

Tjean-

First off, what you are claiming bothers you so much about people claiming to be bi-sexual, is that they are just doing it for attention, so my question would be, isn't that exactly the same purpose of this post? You are writing oh so angrily about this subject, that you forget that his post is basically all for attention anyway through using attention grabbing and completely bigoted statements. Maybe next time you should think your argument through a little more because then you wouldn't contradict yourself so much. Secondly, this whole idea that 40% of people who claim to be bi are faking it is completely ridiculous. This is the real world, where you can't just make up random statistics, it doesn't work like that. Third, even if someone was pretending to be bi-sexual for attention, how are they in anyway making fun of gay people? That argument makes absolutely no sense.  Lastly, in your second to last little paragraph you state that "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shut up." But, in that statement you are making a rash generalization about a whole lot of people you don't know and probably never will know. This post is just a bunch of opinionated statements presented in a hostile manner that is really just attention grabbing itself. So, In your words, " get over yourself."

Tjean-- It may be that some

Submitted by coryeg on Thu, 2010-09-16 22:25.

Tjean--

It may be that some people are claiming to be bisexual for attention, keyword here being "may". Fact is, none of us except the person concerned will ever know their sexual orientation for certain. You say, "To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey." You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, but don't you think denying bisexuality is disrespecting those who identify as such the same way you think bisexuals are disrespecting gay people? It's a double standard. You also go on and say, "I'll put money on it that 40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not, and are mistaken for saying that." So 60% of people claiming to be bi are bi, right? Isn't that contradicting yourself? Many people pursue long and healthy relationships with both sexes (including one of my close friends), and what you're saying is undermining the integrity, value, and affection of such a relationship.

It's interesting the word

Submitted by LindaF on Tue, 2011-03-15 00:50.

It's interesting the word epidemic to describe the spread of bisexuality. I don't think this "spread' of sexual preference, or lack thereof/seasonal not quite sure how it works, can be termed a disease. Otherwise, who's to say whether or not bi-sexuality exists, except for the fact that many people are looking to experience relationships with both men and women. What could be wrong with that? However, your tone seemed very angry and I wonder if this issue actually directly affects you, because I coud simply ask, why you care so greatly? Does it truly annoy you so intensely that you feel the need to "slap" these bisexual individuals?

I'm studying Polyandry right now, and bisexual relationships sparked my interest because it's like what's wrong with them? Is there no room for experimentation anymore? I'm simply going to ask you these questions, because I'd like to hear more about your perspective. Have you done any research, talked to any individuals who claim they're bi, since you seem to say they're popping up all over the place. You state, "bisexuals are making a mockery of gay people", how so? What if they are gay, and have trouble coming out? It's just hard to tell, and I don't think it's an issue that deserves such harsh criticism. Everyone's getting love here, am I right?

Furthermore, these individuals aren't breaking any laws. They aren't getting married like you said, they're probably only kissing members of the same sex or opposite sex on the cheeck, and if it's okay for the french then, oui oui, mon cheri. I mean, what about swingers? I feel like they hold a place somewhere in this conversation, because they're always looking for new partners. Therefore, if it isn't hurting you, then why should you intercede, or make one feel guilty for their sexual station. Frankly, I doubt the gay community is seriously vexed by this vast group of bisexual individuals.

I think that there are

Submitted by 14Hernandezi on Thu, 2011-04-07 10:30.

I think that there are people who like both men and women because they like someone for them, not what gender they are. At the same time, I think its really annoying when people randomely say that they're bisexual to get attention. Just shut up already, either you are or you're not. You don't have to go around telling the whole world because honestly the only people who genuinly care are the people who don't accept it.

I believe that each person is

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2012-05-11 10:11.

I believe that each person is attracted to one another not by gender but personality and characteristics. For me, I see no problem with bisexual people. Yes, it may be a stage in which they are confused as to what gender they are most attracted to but as a human being with feelings, I definetely think that attraction does not come from looks or gender specific people but the way they concieve themselves personality wise. Some people for instance like Amber Heard have stated the same idea and I completely agree. It is not the way one looks that makes them a good person but the way they are. 

I believe that each person is

Submitted by 15NersisyanM on Fri, 2012-05-11 10:20.

I believe that each person is attracted to one another not by gender but personality and characteristics. For me, I see no problem with bisexual people. Yes, it may be a stage in which they are confused as to what gender they are most attracted to but as a human being with feelings, I definetely think that attraction does not come from looks or gender specific people but the way they concieve themselves personality wise. Some people for instance like Amber Heard have stated the same idea and I completely agree. It is not the way one looks that makes them a good person but the way they are. But I completely agree with the aspect of saying things just to make you cool. It doesn't prove anything but your stupidity into thinking it makes you a cool person in school.

Your post

Submitted by 15SariwatiB on Fri, 2012-05-11 10:37.

I would have to completely agree with you on the topic that everyone is saying how they are all bisexual all of a sudden. It's not just the people that are saying they are bisexual though, it's also the people that are all of a sudden supporting the idea. It's a pretty dumb way to get popularity. Not only is it lying to everyone, but you are lying to yourself as well if you really aren't bisexual.

Consider Alfred Kinsey's research

Submitted by MalloryMcMahon on Tue, 2012-07-24 05:54.

Tarik,

Alfred Kinsey was a sexologist who determined that most people are actually some degree of bisexual, though preferences abound; this explains people who may have had one partner of one gender and several of another, as well as people who are truly 50/50 bi or are pansexual. Human sexuality is a very nuanced thing, and there is more gray area than pure black or white. According to Kinsey, people who are strictly straight or strictly gay are actually more of a minority, though our human nature and the need to compartmentalize people blocks people into one or the other. Intolerance for bisexuality--which comes at bisexuals both from the self-identified gay community as well as from people who consider themselves straight--is just another form of discrimination based on sexuality and no different from any other form of homophobia or transphobia.

Sexuality is constantly evolving and is often fluid. Your sexual preferences will most likely evolve as you age and as you hit different hormonal phases of your life. While you may personally feel that people who are bi are just "going through a phase," there are many people who are truly bisexual or fall on some other degree on the Kinsey scale besides "homosexual" or "heterosexual," and it is worth considering that your words and accusations could be hurtful to them as they come out.

Here is some more information on the Kinsey scale if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

I agree, but...

Submitted by kgdance4 on Wed, 2012-09-19 19:05.

I agree that not all people who say they are bisexual are but its not fair to say that everyone who says they are bisexual arent I am bisexual and ive known sense i was alittle girl that ive liked both male and female. Also, you are right being bisexual isnt cool like smoking a joint because sense when did smoking a joint become cool? Also, if I were just saying im bisexual to get attention dont you think i would want positive attention? yea i would but thats not what i get. Yes most of my friend are ok with it but I lost alot of friends when i told them and alot of guys act as if im a slut oh and i havent only kissed a girl before, ive gone alot farther and same with males. Thanks

BI

Submitted by Anonymous on Tue, 2012-12-04 16:01.

i agree with you. some people dont support people who belive they are BI. people need to support people and their sexuallity.

What I just read was one of

Submitted by It's me again on Tue, 2012-12-18 19:34.

What I just read was one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen. I'm bisexual and not confused about my sexuality. It's supposed to be cool? I tried to keep it a secret for years and it finally came out because someone (my mom) noticed. I used to get teased because people called me a lesbian, which,Idont see anything wrong with. I hadnt even heard of a bisexual until high school. I just knew you had to like a guy or girl. For some reason, I had to pick one and I couldn't. Everyone has their own opinion though, and i can respect yours because  there is this weird and increasing trend of "bisexual" people who have probably never even considered anything sexual or romantic with the same sex. 

sexuality is a spectrum

Submitted by sami on Sun, 2013-01-06 21:56.

sexuality is a MASSIVE spectrum I might add. it doesn't have to be black and white, there are tons of greys!
I believe you can be bisexual but more attracted to women, or more attracted to men- or anything in between really!! sure, it does exist- bisexuals who are actually just confused or haven't made up their minds or whatever but why does that matter??? why can everbody not just be??? is it so important to label it? and how come is that? so that everbody else knows how to act?

I'm a woman in my early twenties and I like men, I have not been attracted to a single woman- yet. but it might happen one day, who knows? I will be straight until I'm not- simple as that. attraction is so much more, it is attraction and connection, otherwise you woulda been attracted to ALL MEN or ALL WOMEN which is not the case right? it just happens that you meet someody and you connect-

if I ever meet a woman I feel attracted to I'm definitely not going to think "hey she's a woman of course I'm not really attracted to her because I like men duh" and if you're a lesbian what if one day you meet a man you feel attracted to, people change constantly because of our experiences.

you are who you are until you're not, you like what you like until you don't. us humans are on a constant quest of growing, learning and finding ourselves so stop putting this unnecessary pressure on each other. let's just be and love!

peace out

There are many more bisexuals

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 2013-01-12 09:17.

There are many more bisexuals than you think. I can guarentee that. 

I mean people can go most of their lives having a sexual preference to the opposite gender, but then realize that they are slightly attracted to the same gender as well.

Or perhaps pansexual, since genders aren't that different. Be attracted to male bodies but female personality characteristics. 

I'm 32 and have been bisexual

Submitted by Mora on Wed, 2013-01-30 13:26.

I'm 32 and have been bisexual for as long as I remember.  It's not a phase.  Aged 9 I kissed a female friend despite being told by a teacher it was 'wrong'. At 13 I had crushes on both a male friend and a female friend.  Since then I have been in long term relationships with both genders. 

Lets get one thing straight (no pun intended).  I believe in monogamy, no matter what gender of person I am with.  Cheating is cheating, no matter what gender it is with.  I am not Bi because I wish to have sex with other people outside of my current relationship.  I am bi because I find both genders sexual appealing.  Or rather it has never mattered to me what set of genitals a person has, that's not what I fall in love with.

My first girlfriend was when I was 21.  I loved her to bits.  I didn't cheat on her.  We were together for over a year.  She had no problem with me being bisexual.  Until a 'friend' of hers convinced her that as a bisexual I would cheat on her and was really a straight girl, and she dumped me.  I was heartbroken.  And what a suprise, this 'friend' ended up going out with her. 

Let me ask gay and straight people out there.  Even when in a relationship do you never find another person attractive?  How many of you watch a TV program and have a 'thing' about a person in it?  I am marrying a man in May.  But that doesn't make me straight, because I still find women attractive too. 

In short you can call me confused or attention seeking or whatever.  I know who I am, and I'm a big girl, I can take it.  But there are kids out there who don't need hate like this.  It saddens me that in the gay community that despite suffering such hate themselves that they will willingly hate another so easily because they are also different.  Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist or make it wrong, after all, homophobes have used the same excuse about homosexuality for years.

For crap's sake

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 13:33.

I am bisexual.  You know how I know?  I fell head-over-heels in love with another girl.  When she rejected to me and stopped talking to me, it took me a year to stop dreaming of her.

Now I'm with a guy.  I love him to bits, and I've been living with him for several months.

I dream of him.  

I dream of girls.  

I am bisexual.  

Yeah - deal with it.

You really have no idea what

Submitted by Tulla on Wed, 2013-01-30 14:06.

You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

Yes, I am bisexual. I have been in relationships with both men and women. It sounds like you are basing it all on sex "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek." But it really is not about sex and threesomes as some people would like to believe. It's about love and the ablitly to love whomever loves you, no matter what their gender is. We are not confused or greedy. We don't have to pick "one side." And we certianly do not need a slap in the face. You are the one that needs a reality check.

But by all means, keep spewing your hate and lies. All you do is show your ignorance.

No.

Submitted by HannahPaige on Wed, 2013-01-30 14:32.

You really are an ignorant fool.

Firstly, a persons sexuality is none of your business. The only people it concerns are the people in a mutually-consenting romantic or sexual relationship.

You do not have the right to police peoples sexuality, and I sincerely hope that you grow out of such a bigoted notion.

Speaking as a bisexual person who has been aware of my sexuality since as long as I can remember ever feeling attraction to anybody, and as a person who is educated enough to know that the sexuality and gender do not exist in binary systems (gay - straight, female - male), I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are wrong.

Bisexuality does exist, and your incitement to violence (yes, slapping someone who dares to be openly bisexual is just that) and flat out refusal to acknowledge the possibility that some people enjoy having sex with men, women, genderqueer, intersex people is not a new thing.

It's called erasure. I will not let your ignorance erase my identity.

I now see that this comment was published several years ago, I can only hope that you've since been educated out of your ignorant and hateful views.

I know, it's absolutely

Submitted by Waterstride on Wed, 2013-01-30 14:40.

I know, it's absolutely abhorrent. I mean, why can't you just choose? It's like a friend I once knew who said he liked girls with brown hair AND girls with black hair. I mean, what's up with that; just pick a side already, you don't like both, you're just confused. How could you like both when it's such an obvioud contrast like that. But he ended up dating a girl with black hair, so I guess he never liked both to begin with. I swear, these people make me sick.

This is ridiculous.

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 14:59.

This post is a prime example of pure ignorance. Stop hopping on the opinion bandwagon and actually do some research. Bisexuality exists in both males and females. It is not an epidemic. SARS is an epidemic. Malaria is an epidemic. Liking both males and females is a sexuality, not a disease. Know what you're talking about before you go posting around like this.

what kind of

Submitted by Kersi Nana on Wed, 2013-01-30 15:04.

what kind of attention-seeking person are YOU, to defame bisexuals like that??

i´m pretty sure that the majority of humanity is bisexual - it makes much more sense!

why should someone be confused when they like both sexes?! that doesn´t make sense at all ...

argh, those "article" and the comments make me so angry i don´t even know what to say >.<

why do you even care?? it´s not your business what people like or not - just let them be!

oh and btw. attention-seeking with saying you are bi, really?? look what just did with that article, why should someone seek for insults?! -.-

I am bisexual.  No, I am not

Submitted by Chelsea on Wed, 2013-01-30 15:04.

I am bisexual.  No, I am not seeking attention. And no, I am not confused. Both men and women are genuinely attractive to me. I've had boyfriends, I've had girlfriends, and all I have to say is this: I'm not attracted to them for their bodies, I'm attracted to them for who they are. To say my sexuality doesn't exist is shallow, misguided and upsetting. I also don't understand why people have such a problem with this. It's hard enough to come out, because anything that isn't straight is faced with disapproval, so when you say that I'm lying for attention....it's just mind-blowingly saddening. I love people, not genders.

I'm also bisexual. I've had

Submitted by Mila on Wed, 2013-01-30 19:06.

I'm also bisexual. I've had boyfriends, girlfriends, and sometimes both at once. I figured out after a while that I'm happiest in relationships with men, but I still sleep with ladies sometimes, because I find them very sexually attractive, if not emotionally attractive. Because of this, even some bisexuals think I'm weird. 

The crux of it is: sexuality is not something that can fit into a mold. Everyone is different. If nobody was different, sex would get very boring, very quickly.

Are you kidding? I've been on

Submitted by Proud as Hell on Wed, 2013-01-30 15:32.

Are you kidding? I've been on the internet for a number of years and it still shocks me that people like you exist. I can't tell if you honestly belive that or if you are trolling, but either way you're being a, pardon my language, prick. I reaized that I was neither gay nor straight when I was, like, twelve. I am a proud polysexual and you can look that up. Now, to be fair, I acknowledge your right to share your opinion on the Internet. You have done nothing wrong. And, yes, I could just ignore you and get on with my life. But you are important to me, just as evey human is important to me. I like to see things like this as 'teachable moments' and that is why I am even commenting. I hope that one day you and others who belive the same things as you in regards to sexuality will discover the truth and become better people for it. 

Why do you care?  My

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2013-01-30 19:17.

Why do you care? 

My self-proclaimed label does not effect you in any way. 

I happen to like both men and women. It's not something I chose, it's not a phase, it's not a fashion statement, it's my reality. I've been this way since I can remember. 

I tried to deny it because I saw how bisexuality was treated by both my straight and gay friends, but I hate having to hide who I am. I'm just as happy making out with a man as I am making out with a woman, and I'm not likely to change any time soon. 

But the main point is this: it doesn't matter if you think bisexuality is valid or not. YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THEM ANYWAY. If someone tells you their stomach hurts, you don't tell them that stomachs are incapable of hurting. You don't tell them that their stomach couldn't possibly hurt. You have no way of knowing if they're actually in pain or not, but you still have empathy. 

Basically, stay out of it. 

Dear Tarik,I am upset by

Submitted by silami on Fri, 2013-02-22 09:45.

Dear Tarik,

I am upset by your post, “So you say you’re ‘bisexual’ huh ?” because it might hurt the feelings of others. Bisexual people , especially, might feel down or distraught about your harsh post. If you disagree with an issue such as bisexuality then you can disagree politely.

A sentence that stood out to me was when you said, “If you come out of nowhere, and all of a sudden you are saying, "Oh, I'm bisexual. Take it or leave it," then you deserve a slap in the face.” This is a horrible thing to say because nobody should be attacked or slapped if they do not agree with your sexual orientation. Just because they do not agree with what you prefer whether it be male or female, then that doesn’t mean you should say they should be slapped.

Another sentence that I loathed was, “There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey.” This reminded me of “God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.” This stood out for me because people do not classify bisexual people as “grey” people. By you saying that they are grey, it shows ignorance and you could use better words.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when I was walking on the street, a hispanic man stopped me. When he stopped me, he said, “Hi, are you African?” I replied, Yes that I was. He then replied, “Can you speak African?” This comment was an ignorant comment. Not that the man himself was hispanic but his comment was. I was not mad but I was just surprised because most people mix nationality and language. Many still believe that “African” is a language.I corrected the man and told him that I do not speak “African”. I decided to be rude and said "I speak 'American' " and I walked away leaving the man dumbfounded. After a while I felt bad because maybe he truly did not know that concept but things happen.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because hopefully you will read my comment. If you do read my comment, you might want to change the way you express your thoughts a tad bit.

Dear Tarik: I disagree with

Submitted by marmor on Fri, 2013-02-22 13:11.

Dear Tarik:

I disagree with your post “So you say you’re “Bi-sexual” huh?,” because there are people that are bisexual and they don’t do it just to get attention. Yes, it may be the case in which they are confused as to what gender they are most attracted not everyone has to be either gay or straight. I believe that each person is attracted to one another not by gender but personality and characteristics.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I have no problem with gay people." I think this is something you should think about and see what you saying because if you don’t have any problem with gay people, then why you have a problem with people who said they are Bi. What’s the difference between being Gay, bi or straight? The only thing that matters it’s if their feelings are truly real.

Another sentence that I disagree was: “What crap is that? Seriously? No you're not. You just want people to notice you, and so you say some crap like that.” This stood out for me because I totally disagree and at the same time I agree with you. I know that many people say to be bisexual just to get attention but other people are bi it’s something that you should respect. You can’t just come and said “No you’re not” I don’t think you know what they feeling.

I don't agree with you that either you're gay or straight. One reason I say this is because you don’t actually know what’s going on with that person and there’s no way people need to be gay or straight.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have good topics to talk and discuss about.

I'm not going to shout at you

Submitted by Diana on Mon, 2013-03-18 01:49.

I'm not going to shout at you or comment in all caps or anything. But you're right about one thing, and dead wrong in another.

What you're right about is that a lot of people are confused and use bisexuality as a rationalization or stepping stone to being gay. And there are others who only want attention. These people are thoroughly annoying and offensive. They should honestly be set straight (no pun intended), and leave us real bisexuals the heck alone.

What you're wrong about is that bisexuality isn't real. I usually have crushes on guys, but I definitely see girls in a more romantic manner than my straight friends. There was one girl I sat next to in science who was really, really pretty, and really nice. It was the first time I had to exercise a lot of self-control, because she only liked guys. I also found myself noticing things about girls that ANY straight girl would never pay attention to. Right now I like a guy who's completely gorgeous, and really funny. I'm speaking from experience that it is possible to like more than one gender.

I wouldn't say that bisexuality is a 'grey' area. It's more that we live in both black and white. Sexuality really isn't just a one color deal; it's possible to exist in both black and white. They're both very different.

I wish more than anything that these "bi" jerks would stop ruining the rep of a perfectly legitimate sexual orientation. Bi is NOT a stepping stone, people!

Bisexual

Submitted by tamjen on Tue, 2013-03-19 10:40.

Dear Tarik,

I am excited about your post "So you say you're "bisexual" huh? Because the title says it all. It is true that a lot of people say that they are bisexual but they are not. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend. It's really not" I think this is true because there are many people going around saying that they are bisexual just to get attention. People thing that it is a cool thing to be “bisexual.”

A sentence that I don’t strongly agree with was: "There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey." This stood out for me because I know people that are really gay and that are proud.

Then there are other people going around saying that they are gay, but there not. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when I came to school and there where a whole bunch of girls saying that they were gay or lesbian. Most of them were lying, there were only saying that to be cool. Most of the girls were fighting over girls.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I really enjoyed this post. It is true that girls should stop wandering around say that they are bisexual.

Nice!

Submitted by gabcab on Tue, 2013-03-19 14:23.

Dear Tarik:
I liked your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh? ," because we shared many of the same ideas, like that many people say they are bisexual just because they want to act cool. Also because you supported your opinion really well.For all of your statements you supported them and didn't just state it. But there were still many different ways I disagree with you.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " This whole bisexual epidemic is annoying" I think this is true because for me, I believe that many people do it to gain attention from other people. Also I know many people that are bisexual just out of the blue. It is my belief that that is something you are born or raised with, not something that appears over a few months.

Another sentence that I also agree with was: "I have no problem with gay people. But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay." This stood out for me because that is like showing disrespect to other people who actually are homosexual or bisexual. I believe that if a person is bisexual is because they are confused and do not know what type of people they like. Yet I do believe that it is possible for a person to be bisexual.

I don't fully agree with you, that you are either homosexual or heterosexual. One reason I say this is because there are many people that have been bisexual since they were a young age but they never actually exposed it to everybody. Another reason I disagree with you is because not everybody actually knows what they like yet, so they might be confused in choosing whether they like their own sex or a different sex.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you expressed your opinion without caring what anybody else said. Also I believe that you had good reason to support your opinion; you didn't just say something to say it.

Ok I agree that there are

Submitted by Yuki on Fri, 2013-03-22 07:47.

Ok I agree that there are people who say they are bisexual who aren't really sticking for it. The type of people who come to mind are slutty girls who want to kiss girls in front of guys but never do anything for eachother past that. Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" is the perfect theme song for such a situation.

But you saying "you're either gay or straight" is plain stupidity. You don't know how we feel, what gives you the right to judge us? Clearly you don't understand how we feel. It annoys me how many people agree with you too.

This is how it feels, looking through my eyes, try to understand: There are attractive men; sexy, charming, good personalities. I want to be hugged by him and I want to hug him back, I want to stay with him. I am attracted to him. So am I straight?

Then there are attractive women. Curvy, gorgeous, beautiful, great personalities. I want to kiss her, love her, be with her. She makes me happy and I don't want anyone else. I am attracted to her. So am I a lesbian?

Hm, so I am both staight and a lesbian? Oh, what's that called? That's right! BISEXUALITY. Believe what you want but this is how I feel and its no lie. What IS a lie though, is if I say I am straight or if I say I'm gay. Is that good logic to you?

Dear Tarik: I am completely

Submitted by Bella G on Wed, 2013-03-27 14:23.

Dear Tarik:

I am completely with you on the fact that some people think that being bisexual is like having the newest hair style. I am gay and I think it is so stupid for girls to come to me saying they are “bisexual” when I no for a fact they have been dating dudes their whole lives but just want to look cute and claim being “bisexual”. Some guys think it is sexier for a girl to be bisexual but being a lesbian I just think you need to pick a team and stop playing the field.

When you said: “Get over yourself and just be real because saying that you're bi doesn't make you cool.” I think this is so true because I have a problem with a girl telling me she is “bisexual” then only dating guys. Its not cute it just makes her look dumb.

Don’t get me wrong I have friends that are “bisexual” and are true bisexuals and have feeling for guys and girls, but they have always been like that. They did not wake up one morning and say “I’m bisexual” just to look cute, it is actually how they feel. I just don’t like girls that are not real about their sexuality.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i was talking to a girl and I thought she had feelings for me until she told me she was “bisexual” and wanted to date me but she had more feelings for guys then she did girls.After then I don’t date “bisexuals” unless I have known them for a long time and I know that they are not the “10% girls 90% guys” type of girls.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i think we have a lot of the same options about situations.

Nice Post!

Submitted by bidday on Wed, 2013-04-03 11:55.

Dear Tarik,
I am interested with your post “So you say you’re “bisexual” huh?” because this is something that a lot of people has been debating on base on their opinion. In this topic, everyone one has an opinion but that does not mean that they all right.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I'll put money on it that 40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not, and are mistaken for saying that.” I think this is false because you do not actually know if there telling the truth or not. Assuming is never the answer because you would not like it if they assumed what you are. People do not have the right to say what a person is.

Another sentence that I saw was “ You just want people to notice you, and so you say some crap like that. This whole bisexual epidemic is annoying.” This stood out for me because it is funny how much someone cares about what others are. It is not you. If it is bugging you so much, learn to ignore and worry about yourself. Also, the people that wants to be noticed that are supposedly “bisexual” are going to go nowhere in life pretending to be something they are not.

I do agree with you that it does get annoying when people are trying to show off who they are. One reason I say this is because you should just keep who you are to yourself, not in public. The ones that are truly real are the ones that know for sure. A reason I disagree with you is you stating that bisexual is not real. People can be who they want to be.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to see what other thoughts you have to say. Stating your opinion all the time is bad though.

I am interested with your

Submitted by thojen on Thu, 2013-04-11 10:31.

I am interested with your post “ So you say you're “bisexual” huh?” because its true that it is an epidemic going around with everyone now being bisexual. Everytime you turn around someone is saying that their bisexual, and some do it just for the fun of it.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me was “ But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay” I think this is weird because i think that not every person that say their “ Bisexual” are trying to make a mockery of gay people. What if their really bisexual? I'm not saying what you said was wrong, I just don’t completely agree with it.

Another sentence that I agreed with was “There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey.” This stood out to me because I have thought about that as well. At first I thought you can’t be bisexual either but as I really thought about it, I think you can. A person can like both sexes, but I think one will like one sex more than the other.

I am interested with your

Intriguing Post

Submitted by mahkim on Thu, 2013-04-11 10:33.

Dear Tarik :

I am intrigued by your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?" because I have noticed that the amount of people who fall in the category of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual, etc have definitely increased over the years. Whether it be that they are more comfortable coming out or that more people are turning gay it has become more common over the years.

One part you wrote that stands out for me is: "I have no problem with gay people. But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay." I think this is interesting because I never thought that people who pretend to be gay are mocking those who are actually gay. I thought they were just craving attention or acceptance.

Another part that I liked was: "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shut up. It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint. No actually, it's annoying." This stood out for me because your words portray your strong feelings towards the subject. In addition to that I find this sentence to be fascinating because of the truth behind it. I find it amusing that people go around claiming they are gay yet do not follow the lifestyle that title come with.

I disagree with you that bisexuality isn’t real. I believe it is real but since so many people are claiming that they are in order to stand out or even fit in, it looses the true meaning of bisexuality.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you are not afraid to express your opinion and say how you are feeling. I like how your style of writing sets a tone and lets the reader know that you are serious about this topic.

Interesting!

Submitted by silami on Fri, 2013-04-12 08:50.

Dear Tarik,

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when I was walking on the street, a hispanic man stopped me. When he stopped me, he said, “Hi, are you African?” I replied, Yes that I was. He then replied, “Can you speak African?” This comment was an ignorant comment. Not that the man himself was hispanic but his comment was. I was not mad but I was just surprised because most people mix nationality and language. Many still believe that “African” is a language.I corrected the man and told him that I do not speak “African” , I speak “American” and I walked away leaving the man dumbfounded. After a while I felt bad because maybe he truly did not know that concept but things happen.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because hopefully you will read my comment. If you do read my comment, and change your writing just a tad.

I agree!

Submitted by silami on Fri, 2013-04-12 08:52.

Dear ChristopherB,

I am intrigued by your post, “Abortion: Right or Wrong” because it relates to my ideologies of abortion as well. You showed both sides of the argument while at the same time you explained why you think abortion should be illegal.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I also believe that there should be some exceptions, like if the woman was raped. Other than that I don't think that abortion should be permitted because it can increase the risk of breast cancer for women.” I think this is interesting because you are contradicting yourself a little bit. You say you want abortion to be illegal but then you said instead of a rape case. If a woman was raped and had an abortion , she is at risk of breast cancer . Your thoughts here are a little unorganized and unclear.

Another sentence that stood out for me was, "Statistics show that on average, only about 44% of women actually survive breast cancer." This stood out for me because cancer is a worldwide epidemic. Less than half the women with breast cancer actually survives it which is a bit scary.

Your post reminds me of a debate in my middle school 3 years ago. Abortion was the very topic we were debating about. There were 3 sides to choose from. Some people opposed of abortion , others were for it and the rest were unsure. The debate proved that everybody had different opinions and it was very important to listen to what others thought.

Thanks for your writing. I am looking forward to what you write next because on this topic you really supported your idea of abortion. Although you are against it, you didn't disrespect anybody in no way. I respect your sincereness.

Dear Tjean: I am pleased with

Submitted by rolail on Mon, 2013-04-15 15:47.

Dear Tjean:
I am pleased with your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh ?," because there is a lot of females now and days that say their bisexual for attention but some really do likes girls and guys.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint. " I think this is true people really think being bi is cool and they do it for people to like them
Another sentence that I saw was: "Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend" This stood out for me because i agree with you the only reason people are saying that because they think it cool so everyone does it for attention

Very interesting

Submitted by suajaz on Tue, 2013-04-16 10:39.

Dear Tjean,

I am impressed by your post “So you say you’re ‘bisexual’ huh?” because many people say they are bisexual even though they are not. I personally don’t care if someones bisexual but if they just say they are just because “everyone” else is then that’s a problem.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend. It's really not.” I think are absolutely right because nowadays because who claim they are bi, aren’t really bi. Teens are always try to do what everyone else does to fit in or for attention. Example, most teens that I know wear jordans, true religion, owns an iphone/samsung galaxy, smoke pot etc because everyone else does it or has it.

Another sentence that I liked was “It's like being bi is as cool as smoking a joint. No actually, it's annoying.” This stood out for me because bisexuality has become a trend and people say they are bisexual attention. If someones bisexual that’s great, but if they are just saying that to fit in then it is annoying. People should just stay true to themselves and be a trendsetter for a change.

I don’t agree with you that every single individual who claim they are bisexual aren’t. One reason I say this is because is you don’t fully understand what it’s like being bisexual unless if you have experienced being bi. Another reason I disagree with you is because your no one to deny somebody else's sexual orientation.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next and respect your opinion on bisexuals. I do agree with most of the things you had to say because I do understand where you’re coming from, but not everything.

nice post

Submitted by diasam on Tue, 2013-04-16 10:42.

Dear Tarik:
I am very confused about what you’ve written on your post “So You Think You’re Bisexual” because it really doesn’t make clear sense what you say. You say that it’s annoying when people come out and say that they are Bisexual out of nowhere but why does it annoy you? or why does it concern you about what other people feel or think?. I don’t think you should be annoyed by it because like you said they might be confused about their sexual preference but everyone goes through a station in life where we don’t know what we really want or are unsure about what it is we want.

One sentence you wrote that stand out to me is “What crap is that seriously? No You’re not” after you said that people are coming out of nowhere and saying they are bisexual. I think this is unfair towards people who are actually confused about their feelings
another sentence that I dislike although i do agree with you that most people are really not bisexual they just say they are is when you said “I’ll Put money on it that 40% of the people that claim they are Bi are really not, and are mistaken for saying that”. This stood out to me because it makes me wonder have you think that maybe people also say they are Bisexual because their surroundings have made them feel this way? or because of any other reason?
Your post reminds me of how people see things and how people have they’re own opinion but it also reminds me about how certain people don’t know how to really express themselves without making their opinion look like something negative about the subject.
Thanks for writing I am looking forward to seeing what you write next, because you’re post was interesting and i would like to read what you write next.

Dear Tjean: I am astonished

Submitted by ocotya on Sun, 2013-05-12 22:51.

Dear Tjean:

I am astonished with your post “So you say you’re “bisexual” huh?. I can’t explain how much I’m glad that you and I think alike on this topic. Saying you’re bisexual is a trend, just like how everyone wants/have tattoos, also like how people aspire to be rappers, models and singers. No one in my family believes in someone being gay or bisexual because we are religious. I on the other hand don’t mind, I know I’m not interested in dating the opposite sex. I have a gay best friend and my mom doesn’t mind but my father on the other hand doesn’t like it but he doesn’t make my friend feel uncomfortable because he is just a kid. Unlike my family and many others I love gay people, I think they are the coolest people to have as friends (the down to earth ones). I’m not judgmental to anyone’s sexuality. Yesterday I was driving home from school with my mom, and I saw a gay male walking. I didn’t ridicule them or anything, and as he was walking people were laughing hysterically at him, calling him all kinds of disrespectful words that he didn’t deserve to be called. The way he walked was graceful, almost like he was not fearful of all of the hatred he was receiving. He was walking like he aspired to be a model; but because he was being himself he was being disrespected.

Something you wrote that stood out to me was “There could be some people who actually are bisexual, although I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight. There's no grey.” I disagree with you because teenagers are trying to find themselves. Which means they might find both sex attractive, so they will try and date both to see which one they prefer or maybe they actually do want to date both sex. You’re entitled to your own opinion but I just have to disagree with you one this one.

A different quote that I agreed with was “Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend. It's really not. I have no problem with gay people. But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay.” I feel the same exact way, if you are gay then you’re just gay and if you’re straight then that is what you are! I also second guess myself when saying that because every teenager is trying to find themselves, whether it be sexuality or whatever. So maybe they want to explore both sex's but they need to make up their mind quickly.

Thank you so much Tjean for your wonderful post on bisexuality. I really enjoyed reading this post and others comments underneath it. I look forward to reading more of your post because you seem to be very honest and strong in what you believe.

Attraction, Not Action

Submitted by Grace on Mon, 2013-06-03 09:25.

Well, I think you are very mistaken. There is a grey area, and people can honestly be attracted to both of the sexes. The part I am most offended by, though, is where you said to your hypothetical bi girl "the most lesbian thing you've ever done is kiss another girl on the cheek." Sexuality doesn't have to be about how much you've one and with whom. It's about what/who turns you on and what you'd want to do given the chance. Although I've never seriously been with a girl, I know that I am attracted to girls and would love doing things with a girl as much as I knew I'd love doing things with a guy before I had ever done anything with a guy.

I completely disagree with

Submitted by brivera on Mon, 2013-07-08 11:42.

I completely disagree with you. Yes some people are liars and unsure but there are people who are bi. iT IS POSSIBLE TO LIKE BOTH GENDERS. it has nothing to do with being confused. nothing to do with wanting attention. iT HAS to do with you and who you like. Im bi and like both genders. i dont care for attention and im perfectly sure of myself. yOU really need to stop thinking tht way because you are wrong.

'So you say you're bisexual, huh?' As a matter of fact, I do!

Submitted by Nicholas on Mon, 2013-07-22 23:56.

Of course you aren't able to wrap your head around the idea that some people can be attracted to both genders. That's because you're NOT bisexual, so obviously you have no idea what it feels like. That's like a white person saying "I'm not black, so black people can't exist." Yes, sadly alot of people (especially teenage girls in junior high who think it'll make boys like them) say that they're bi as a way of getting attention. But that doesn't mean all bisexuals are like that.

I just so happen to be a bisexual myself. During my development I have been mutually attracted to both sexes since before I even knew what "gay" "straight" and "bi" meant. Most of my family members and acquaintances have no idea that I'm attracted to both sexes, and it's certainly not something I flaunt around. But if somebody asks me which way my front door swings, I'm not going to lie and say I'm one thing or the other! Sure, I can try to focus on girls and pretend I'm not attracted to guys, but at the end of the day the feeling's still there whether I like it or not. And I could probably focus on guys and try to "become" gay if I really wanted to.... But you know I'd still be caught glancing at every booty and rack that happened to pass by me! Sexuality is a very fluid thing, and no one should be so bold as to try to put someone else in a bubble because of their own perceptions of "how it should be". That's not to say though that it doesn't piss me off when I see all these teenagers saying they're bi as a way of getting attention. Of course I don't like it. But don't judge us all off of those people. Try meeting a few REAL bis first. :)

A little astray

Submitted by Niall Torris on Tue, 2013-08-06 14:26.

I can only hope that this writer has grown to be a little more mature but I used to hear this all the time in school. I have no doubt that some people will pretend to be just about anything to gain a few "cool" points or whatever but what you're stating here is absolute madness. I'd considered the possibility you were surrounded by hateful idiots who'd think or do what you've suggested but in fairness I've read your profile and the paranoid ramblings you go on are indicative enough of someone who's a little astray in the opinions department.

Sexuality isn't a choice no matter how much you want it to be and it isn't cut and dry. If someone "just" wants to kiss a member of the same sex that makes them sexually attracted to the same sex. No one WILLINGLY has intimate relations with people of the same sex if they don't want to, whatever the reason they want to. That might be a little hard to wrap your head around at first (for some bizarre reason) but that's the way it is. There is no fully "gay", "straight" or "bi" or anything else. Only a spectrum that people are landed on regarding their sexual attraction to anyone or even no one. I hope whoever wrote this has seen the madness in this and that it doesn't go on to poison anyone else.

My bestfriend tried to rape

Submitted by Hi on Tue, 2013-10-15 23:00.

My bestfriend tried to rape me after he found out I was bi, so "I could accept I'm Gay". Would you like to see the scars from the broken glass which was sliced across my face? Absolutely loved the attention & trip to A&E majors that night.

Wow, biphobic much?

Submitted by Elizabeth B. on Fri, 2013-11-01 15:26.

First paragraph:

Wow, way to enforce the gender binary.  Because it's not like people could be attracted to someone who's agendered, someone who's bigendered, anyone who's genderqueer.  You probably don't believe that they exist either.  You might not even know what those terms mean.  Nope, you can only be monosexual, and the only options are "boy," or "girl."  

And "epidemic?" most of the time, when I hear some refer to a sexual orientation as an epidemic, it's coming from a fanatic homophobe.

Second paragraph:

Wow.  "Epidemic" again.

Third paragraph:

You don't think I'm real.

That's ok.

I don't think you think at all.

Fourth paragraph:

It's a trend?

Love is a trend.  Getting kicked out by intolerant parents is a trend.  Hearing your pastor tell you that you "are living in sin" is a trend.  Having your rights denied is a trend.

I thought only the blindest, most fearful people would ever tell me my orientation was trend.  But apparently, I'm the one making a mockery of the community.

I deserve a slap in the face.

When I work up the courage to come out to my parents, I'm sure they'll be glad to know that they have your blessing, that if they hit me, I'll deserve it.

Fifth paragraph:

Don't police people's orientation. That's the whole point of your rant, I know, but you are wrong.  Don't you DARE police someone's orientation based on what they have or have not done with other people.

Don't you have any idea what that kind of thinking has led to?

(tw: rape)

People have been raped in an attempt to "correct" them, because the rapist thought that if their victim just had sex with someone of the "right" gender, they'd be cured.

(end tw.)

Sixth paragraph:

I'm not the one who just attacked an oppressed group of people, and told them that their bravery was just attention-seeking.

I'm not the one who needs to get over themself.

I Apoligize For the Biggot

Submitted by 19qusemf on Tue, 2014-02-25 19:24.

I am very sorry that you had to read that a-hole's post. I'm pretty sure if I were to know him or her, they would have to get the SWAT to stop me from murdering him. I really do hope you weren't kicked out or beat by your parents once or if you come out. I hope you best of luck if you haven't already come out :D . The trick is to have a back-up ;) .

Come On!!!

Submitted by 19qusemf on Tue, 2014-02-25 19:18.

Dear Tjean:
Are you serious?! I completely disagree with you. Sexuality is a spectrum. You can be straight, you can be gay and being bisexual like being the middle of it all. Some people truly are sexually attracted to and can hold romantic relationships with both genders. By saying "Bisexuality isn't real" you aren't any better than the people who hate on gay people. Bisexuality is a real thing!!! Not EVERYONE who says they're bisexual are seeking attention some people ACTUALLY LIKE BOTH SEXES! This whole post just shows that your a bigot.

Sincerely,
The B in LGBTQ (<== That was clever though)

Nice Topic

Submitted by roneshasingleton37 on Tue, 2014-02-25 21:27.

Dear Tarik:

I am surprised by your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?," because I find your perspective of people who think they’re bisexual funny because the way you worded it in your post, and some of your viewpoints are kind of true. I also disagree with your post a little bit.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Get over yourself and just be real because saying that you're bi doesn't make you cool." I think this is somewhat true because I do not think people say they're bi just to be cool. I believe some people like both girls and boys because what they can offer. I also think it is true because a lot of people like to follow others. They want to do what other people do because they think it is very casual.

Another sentence that caught my attention was: "But the people I DO have a problem with are the people who are going around making a mockery of people who are actually gay.” This stood out for me because I agree with you. I do not think it is fair to deride gay people because many gay people are brave for admitting they are gay. I do not think people should not mock them because it took a long time for gay people to be accepted. I believe people who say their bi should really mean it and show it to others.

Your post reminds me of the people I hang out with. A lot of girls I hang out with are straight. Some of these girls will just come out of nowhere, and say they are bi. Sometimes I do not believe them because they do not really show it. What I mean by show it is that they will say they are bi, but they will not even talk or flirt with girls in that manner. A lot of people just like to play being bisexual and not really mean it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post is interesting. You talk about thing that are very common among many teenagers today.

Great Post!

Submitted by natasha.ruiz9 on Fri, 2014-03-07 09:51.

Dear:Tarik

I am astonished with your post “So you say you're "bisexual" huh?, because it talks about how people just say they are bi-sexual to be noticed. Although, some people are now saying they are bi-sexual when half of them are not. They just want to look cool, and be popular.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "A lot of people now are coming out of nowhere and saying, "Oh I'm bisexual."" I think this is interesting because it sends a central message of your post. In this society people are coming out of nowhere saying they are bi-sexual just because they feel like it.

Another sentence that I noticed was: "Other people are going around saying it like it's a new trend." This stood out for me because people use it as if it was the new style of being apart of a group.Your post reminds me of something that happened to me.

One time I was with my friend, and she had came up to me and said bi-sexual is the new thing. I told her “ You are faking who you are just to fit in with the cool kids”. She looked at me and told me i should try it, but I Negated it and said I am not gonna change or lie just to fit in.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this really caught my attention. I had a connection when your thoughts about this whole situation of people saying they are bi-sexual to be of the trend.

I Both Agree and Disagree

Submitted by mcleod.kiana on Fri, 2014-03-07 09:59.

Dear Tarik :

I disagree and agree with your post, "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?," because there are some really great points to what you said. I disagreed with most of them, but agreed with some.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "This whole bisexual epidemic is annoying. I'll put money on it that 40% of the people who claim they are bi are actually not, and are mistaken for saying that." I think this is agreeable because it’s true. I believe that there are plenty of people who say that they are bisexual just because there are so many people saying it that it’s become popular to so many people.

One sentence that I disagreed with was: " I don't really think that's real. To me, either you're gay or straight." This stood out for me because I do not agree with it. There are many people who are bisexual and have feelings for both the same and opposite sex. They do not discriminate against which ever sex.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time, my best friend at the time told me she was bisexual. She did not tell anyone else and nobody else knew. She was an example of a true biexual. At that time, everyone was just coming out saying they are bisexual, but she did not tell anyone except for me. She knew that would make her “stand out” yet she did not come out publicly because it was actually something real to her., not just a game.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to hear more of your opinions and your outlook on different topics.

Dear Tarik : I am extremely

Submitted by hernandez2 on Wed, 2014-03-19 10:02.

Dear Tarik :
I am extremely annoyed by your post , "So you say you're "bisexual" huh?" because you are not supporting your evidence at all. It is very disrespectful of you to try to tell people what they are or not. It also bothers me that you are betting for the people who say this are lying; it is called confusion.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "What crap is that? Seriously? No you're not." I think this is just annoying on so many levels, and kind of judgmental. You can not go around telling people about their life. No one likes those type of people. I get you’re trying to state your opinion, and I am no one to tell you otherwise. However, your post needs to be reworded.
Another sentence that I disagreed with was: "You know damn straight that if you're a girl, the closest thing you did to anything lesbian was kiss another girl on the cheek, so you need to shut up." This was just disgusting, honestly. One can do more than that and not actually consider themselves as bi, so I think you need to have an open point of view.
Your post does not remind me of anything at all. I have bi friends but they have done more than just the evidence you’ve provided. Some of them consider themselves straight. I believe you need to have a more realistic point of view. This bothers me also because your opinion came out as if it was coming from a child with a big case if lack of intelligence.
Thanks for your writing, though. I did not mean to completely destroy it, I am just trying to help you a bit. Being bi is a part of being confused, not just about the things one has done. Liking both genders is something that might look wrong to many, and I can see you’re a part of this. However, I think you have to rethink whether or not you have had thoughts about the opposite sex.

Don't Judge People

Submitted by Simonee on Thu, 2014-04-03 12:52.

Dear Tjean

I am upset by your post “So You’re Bisexual. In my opinion, i feel who are you to say that a person can't be bisexual,Who are you to say i can't like both sex. In my opinion, one of your lines of your post that stood out to me was when you said either you like girls or boys.I feel that you shouldn't have to be gay just to like your same sex. But if you are in a relationship with one sex you shouldn't try to deal with your same sex or opposite sex because that is disrespectful & you can catch HIV/AIDS.No offense Tjean you shouldn't talk down about bisexual because you wouldn't want nobody to talk bad about your sexuality so if you have to anything say bad about someone else sexuality keep it to yourself because somebody might be offended.

let's put it this way, ever

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 2014-06-04 08:29.

let's put it this way,

ever since I can remember, ive been attracted to both boys AND girls.

i dont tell people i'm bisexual BECAUSE of people like you.

people like you who tell me that i'm doing it for attention.

people like you who tell me that i'm not what i tell you i am.

i tell because i trust. under this, i'm anonymous, so i dont give a damn if you know. you dont know me anyway.

ive had crushes on both girls and boys, and honestly, if sexuality is as easy as you make it out to be, my life would be much less of a mess. and SO much easier.

the "closest thing" i did to being a lesbian was make out with a few chicks actually.

the "closest thing" i did to being straight was make out with a few guys.

i dont want to be cool. it's too much work, and people who dont know that i'm bi should like me for who i am, not my sexuality.

i am not mocking gay people. i have plenty of gay, lesbian friends, and i love and fiercely protect/defend every single one of them.

so if you think i deserve a slap in the face for being who i am, truly as a person, go right ahead. slap the face of a girl who is being judged by both sides for who she is.

I am intact bi I guess it's a

Submitted by Juno Fupero on Sun, 2014-07-06 22:34.

I am intact bi I guess it's a way for me to see if I like men or women more. I belies that the whole reason people choose to be by is because they want to figure out which gender they want to spend the rest of their lives with. You are all just upset about this because you don't want people out their who like both genders. I did not become bi just to get attenchion I became bi because I like a girl really really much as well as this cute and adorable guy who was in my one of my classes. I feel a fended by you saying that their should be no such thing as bisexual. You should just let people like who they want to wether it's both genders or not.

bi-sexuality trend

Submitted by jmasarof on Tue, 2014-07-08 10:28.

Hey Tjean,

I understand why you feel frustrated with those people who are now stepping up and labeling themselves as "bisexual." I agree with you that this is a trend, however I do believe that bisexuality exists. Especially among teenagers, when you are discovering yourself and what you like it is common to find young people questioning their sexuality. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Adolescence is a time to find out what you like and what you don't like and that may include being attracted to both men and women. I do believe that some people are born homosexuals, but I also believe that for some people it is a choice. If you think about sexuality as a line where people can fall in different places on the line, then those in the middle can be attracted to both sexes. I think a lot of who we are attracted to has to do with both our biological drives and our environment.

We should all just accept

Submitted by Almr1993 on Fri, 2014-08-08 20:44.

We should all just accept each other for who we are and be loving:)

live and let live

Submitted by hydrabadchik on Tue, 2014-09-09 15:23.

I find it highly distressing to see that experiencing -isms and phobias doesn't prevent people from delivering it to others.

I'm sure there are people who wear identities like an outfit for the attention/shock value that the ID might provide.  I'm also sure there are people who try out different personas like it's a country to visit.  

Personally, my thoughts on both are "So??" I mean, I think anyone gets to decide who they will or will not accept as "one of their own".  I, myself, may or may not want to hang with such people.

But nobody's got the obligation to draw up ID boundaries in the ways that I do or in the ways that that this author does, especially not when they choose to define their own selves.

Bisexuality

Submitted by Mamoni on Wed, 2014-08-06 18:07.

Well my english aren't that good but whatever

I AM 17 YEARS OLD AND I AM BISEXUAL

i have spent the last 4 years in big relationships

I was about 2.5 years with a GIRL that i really liked and loved and we were a really good couple until she moved out of the country and we broke up

NOW I am with a BOY about 1.5 years and we are just fine and love each other

IT IS HOW I WAS MADE BY MOTHER NATURE

i am a true bisexual i love women's body and men's boy

I don't use my orientation as an ad. for me to get famous!

And GUESS WHAT! YOU DONT EVEN NOW IF I AM A GUY OR A GIRL!

your apology is accepted :)

Are you really that close minded?

Submitted by Savanna on Tue, 2014-08-19 02:15.

First thing, what? Bisexuality doesn't exist? You're just confused? Okay. You're so wrong on so many levels. For one, I, myself, am bisexual. No, I am not confused. I know for a fact that I am bisexual and I have known for quite a while. I knew when I was younger that I was attracted to not only boys, but girls too. There is no such thing as "only lesbian/gay" or "only straight". Sure, being curious can be mistakes for being bisexual, but really, it's called bicurious. Until you know for a fact that you are indeed bisexual, you are bisexual. I've had girlfriends and boyfriends both. I feel completely comfortable with both. So I have to completely disagree with you on that one.

Gay and Bi women

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2014-09-19 17:45.

Well there are without a doubt much more Gay and Bi women nowadays, that is for sure. As a Straight Man looking to meet a Straight Normal Woman today is getting much harder for me since i do meet many women that have Cursed at me for trying to start a conversation with the one that i would really like to meet, and i will never understand why. I know other men that had similar experiences with women like this, and i would certainly say that we have so many Very Pathetic Women out there nowadays.

Read this

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 2014-08-30 02:32.

Ok so first off you the person who wrote this yeah you take of fence because your completely wrong. I mean like so far wrong that I can't understand you say there's no such thing as bisexuality were either one or the other, well obviously not because if we don't exist what does the B in LGBT stand for ? Exactly we exists and just because we date somebody of the same sex doesn't mean all the sudden were gays and lesbians. Just because we date somebody of the opposite sex doesn't mean we're all The sudden straight. Your logic is illogical so how bout you go meet a bisexual and then tell me because I could stick my hand down a guys pants and be happy, I could stick my hand down a girls pants and be happy. Point of my argument is WE EXIST and we're not confused we like both and it's going to stay that way lgBt

Let Me Tell You A Thing

Submitted by Hello, Love on Tue, 2014-09-23 20:59.

It is NOT for you to say whether or not there is a grey area. You have no experience being in that grey area and you have NO right to make judgements on those who are in that grey area. Being bisexual is VERY REAL. Yes some people say it for attention. I know that and it is upsetting. However, it is REVOLTING that not only do those who are bisexual get beaten down by heterosexual but also homosexuals who have felt the very same feeling of being considered "confused" or "wrong" simply for their sexual orientation. Something they CANNOT control. Now shove a sock in it and get off your bloody high horse before I decide to knock you off that horse myself.

What have I just read?

Submitted by Anonymous on Sun, 2014-10-19 06:31.

'If you come out of nowhere, and all of a sudden you are saying, "Oh, I'm bisexual. Take it or leave it," then you deserve a slap in the face."

What the hell? Do you have any idea of the number of people who've been rejected by friends and families just because they happen to be attracted to both genders? Do you know how much bisexual people have suffered?

And here you are with your bigoted opinions, completely disrespecting these people just because you don't agree they even exist? Newsflash! They do. Search it up. You have internet and Wi-Fi. Do the math.

People can and are attracted to both genders. It's definitely not for attention. Do you really think they like being discriminated and bullied just because of their sexual orientation? I don't know about you, but according to me, people don't like being discriminated or bullied.

You have no idea what it's like to be shunned because you're bisexual unless you've actually experienced it and since you're discriminating against bisexuals, I really doubt you are. And you're actually encouraging others to discriminate against bisexuals.

I get that you're entitled to your own opinion but you have absolutely no right to say things like that about bisexual people. Do you know what tolerating means? It means to be able to allow the existence, occurrence or practise of something even if you don't like or disagree with it. That is what's expected of every citizen and I'm pretty sure you are one, so you should be following that.

And now I'm going to end my rant and hope that maybe, just maybe, you've learned something.

RIDICULOUS

Submitted by Katieeeeeeeeeeee on Sun, 2014-11-23 12:52.

this is obsurd! 

For years i was telling myself that i only fancied men, i always wanted a boyfriend and to grow up and have children, but in the back of my mind i knew i also fancied women. Well i didnt know, but the way i felt when i was attracted to men, i was the same with some women. I didnt want to tell myself i fancied women because i had grown up telling myself i wanted children and a family! But i came to realise i can. Now, i count myself as bisexual but my preferance is men! I don't care what people think but my sexual feelings are the same for both genders! if i could, i would be hetrosexual because it (in my eyes) is easier, i have to explain to potential partners that not only do they have to worry about me fancying men, but also women. Surprising some men dont like it when i tell them and i feel ashamed but i cant help how i feel! 

Ive embraced the way i am and love it! You need to get used to it as we now live in a world where being yourself is alot easier than it was 50 years ago!

THE RAVING BISEXUAL!