For some people, fashion is year-round

by: kwilliams

I'm a student at New Directions Secondary School in the Bronx. My name is Keyia, and I was born on July 11, 1999. I love dressing nice and I'm a big fan of fashion. I've been in New Directions Secondary School since it opened in September 2013, and this school is an amazing school. One of my favorite subjects is writing, anything with typing or writing I love. Another thing I like to do is dance. I am captain of my dance class. My dance teacher says that I can really dance for my size and age.

Believe it or not I enjoy school. I love my school actually; it’s a second home to me you could say. It doesn't mean I like all the work I have to do, or that I love all subjects. Truth be told, my weakest subjects are math and science and because of this I can’t enjoy those classes. Every other class I'm fine with, again writing especially. I can't help but be happy to attend class. I just get easily distracted. I'll work on that.

On my free time I'm with my friend Emily. I grew up with her since I was two years old. She’s older than me by one year. We're always together. I love going to 42nd street and other places. I never went to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, but that will be my goal this year. Another thing, I have never done is ice skating. That’s another must. I also make up dances or go outside and play ball or just hang out.

I am a friendly and respectful person, and I like to meet new people and see new things. When I get older, I would love to travel the world, go to Dubai, Jamaica, Las Vegas, Miami etc. I wouldn't care if I traveled alone or with a friend or friends.

I like how you wrote about

Submitted by mgaleano on Fri, 2016-06-03 10:12.

I like how you wrote about fashion and how passionate you are about it and its incredible how we both have something in common. I literally go to the mall like every weekend with my family. I loved your review

I like how you wrote about

I like how you wrote about

I like how you wrote about

Keyia, Good post! You did a

Submitted by connorc on Sat, 2016-06-04 10:17.

Keyia,
Good post! You did a good job of capturing the main things that you're about. I also like to dress nice and to buy nice clothes! Do you have favorite brand names? Mine are Polo and H&M. I also am a skilled writer and enjoy writing about things I'm interested in. I typically enjoy school, though it depends on what else I have going on in my life at the time, because sometimes drama can interfere with my priorities, ya feel? I also pride myself on being friendly and respectful to everyone I meet, and enjoy talking to new people. I have been to some of the places you mentioned, but really want to go to more. Seems like we have some stuff in common! Haha, have a good one!
Best,
Connor C