Soon To Be A Cure for HIV/AIDS

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been HIV/AIDS.  I remember my uncle talking about it last year, but I was not really interested in it.  Lately, the issue has caught my eye again.  I know that many people feel that it is hard to think about.  From what I've heard, AIDS is a pandemic.  For example, I heard that every year the number of deaths is increasing from HIV/AIDS.  Now that's just what I've heard, it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about HIV/AIDS is that AIDS is pandemic.  Now I've studied my share of medicine and there is currently no cure for HIV/AIDS.  I believe that we are getting closer to finding a cure or vaccine and eventually, scientists will find a cure for HIV/AIDS.  It is hard to believe that we have top notch scientists studying  medicine and we can't find cures to most diseases.
    HIV/AIDS was not so important in the past because it was not such a big cause.  HIV/AIDS was commonly known as the "Gay Plague."  It was referred to as the "Gay Plague" because it was commonly found in homosexuals.  People then found out that it was not only found in homosexuals.
    Being that I did not have a lot of background information on HIV/AIDS, I chose to do some research on the topic.  As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article:The History of HIV/AIDS.  This article provided a lot of information and opinions on HIV/AIDS.  Some people felt that AIDS was something that was uncommon and was soon going to not affect people any more until it started killing more people every year.  "HIV/AIDS is now one of the most deadliest diseases in the United States and the Center for Disease Control's top concern."  This statement didn't really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel concerned.  When I first heard of HIV/AIDS, I thought it was one of those diseases that scientists will be able to cure.  I also had thought that it was not easy to acquire.  After researching about it I had been shocked at how dangerous this disease was.  This disease has substantially changed my view of other diseases.
    In another article, HIV/AIDS-The Pandemic.  there is one statement that made me nod my head in agreement with the writer.  One thing that I know for sure about HIV/AIDS is that AIDS is pandemic.  Now I've studied my share of medicine and there is currently no cure for HIV/AIDS.  I believe that we are getting closer to finding a cure or vaccine and eventually, scientists will find a cure for HIV/AIDS.  It is hard to believe that we have top notch scientists studying  medicine and we can't find cures to most diseases.  HIV/AIDS was not so important in the past because it was not such a big cause.  HIV/AIDS was commonly known as the "Gay Plague."  It was referred to as the "Gay Plague" because it was commonly found in homosexuals.  People then found out that it was not only found in homosexuals.
    When I first heard of HIV/AIDS, I thought it was one of those diseases that scientists will be able to cure.  I also had thought that it was not easy to acquire.  After researching about it I had been shocked at how dangerous this disease was.  This disease has substantially changed my view of other diseases.
HIV/AIDS is a very serious issue. There are more and more victims that are dieing from it and there is no cures. AIDS is now a pandemic. Scientists have to pay more attention to finding a cure for HIV/AIDS because if we do not find one soon, we will have a serious problem. Every year there are an increasing number of deaths.

I think this image is very interesting and it shows a significant amount of information about HIV/AIDS.  This image will also show people the stages of HIV/AIDS.  What surprised me in this image was that anyone who has AIDS can not live more than four years and it could at most take a person twenty years in order to develop AIDS.

HIV STAGES

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/HIV_Stages.jpg

In conclusion HIV/AIDS is a very bad illness.  As you read on the image anyone who has HIV/AIDS can not live more than 4 years.