Succeed in Life

Andrea Holden

Succeed in Life

So you may be a student in high school who is fixing on graduating or feel like dropping out. Have you thought about your future? Where you would like to see yourself in the next three to five years? I would like you to know that your future education is very important. If you want to be successful in life then you should stay in school and go on to college.

I’ll be the first to admit, I didn’t pay much attention to anything in high school because I was involved a serious relationship. I wasn’t a horrible teen I just didn’t want to listen to anyone, I always thought I was right (when I wasn’t) I had to learn what was good for myself by experience anyways, I missed out on lots of things because I became a mother at seventeen. It was hard but I couldn’t give up, so continued on earned my high school diploma and participated in the graduation ceremony. These days I am happy with how my life has turned out but life was tough for a few years and now I am currently a sophomore in college seeking a degree in Accounting. As a result of going to college and getting a career you can have a great profession with higher pay and benefits. Just think, wouldn’t you love to be financially stable and not have to depend on anyone? That’s the question I asked myself and the reason I went on to college.

There are many reasons to continue your education the first reason is; someday you may want to buy a house, a car or have a family education will one day help you to achieve all these things. “Education opens the doors to many things like multiple jobs, career choices, the chance to further education at any point in life, and the option of teaching others what you have learnt. Be it a child, family member, or a poor person you meet” (biloxibridge.com). The second reason is,” whether attending a trade school, training, online courses or seeking a degree having the education and skills you need, and you will be more knowledgeable and confident when it comes to the career you choose”. It’s a proven fact that the more training and education a job seeker has, the more likely that they will be hired into better jobs at higher salaries.
Also education allows you to become experienced in new and interesting things including social situations that will help you in life.” According to experts, college graduates are self confident, have greater knowledge of governance, are less likely to become criminals, are emotionally and financially secure, make better partners and parents, and have a deeper understanding of human nature”(biloxibridge.com). For example becoming more independent can give you the self confidence to understand the world around you
The third reason is increased earning power; an average person will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars more than people who have not had any college. “ A college graduate with a bachelor's degree earns an average of $26,000 more a year than a worker with only a high school diploma, according to the U. S. Census Bureau”(studentaid.com). So now you can see that employers tend to be more open to a person with more education.

The point is I strongly believe college is good for everyone. Everyone should go and get their college education. You may hit bumps in the road or glitches as your long goes on but don’t let that get in your way or hold you back from becoming successful. I hope that I have inspired you to reach for you goals that you wish to achieve, because if you want to be successful in life then it all begins by staying in school and go on to college.

Works Cited
  1. http:/www.studentaid.com/planning/College-For-Me?
  2. http:/www.biloxibridge.com/10-reasons-to-go-to-college

IĀ understand what you mean

Submitted by HKohn on Thu, 2009-11-19 09:31.

I understand what you mean since I too was in a serious realationship when I was my freshman year of highschool. I too didn't want to listen to anyone. I thought I was always right and everyone else was wrong. I was very stubborn and would lash out at authority figures.

Eventually me an my boyfriend separated and my life got turned upside down.  My grades dropped and I was lashing out at everyone. One day I was so depressed that I realized I needed to get up and get my life together.

I  changed highschools and made new friends. I went to counceling and sorted out my problems. I brought my average up and tryed to do extra projects for my school.

I realized without an education my life would be difficult. I did ask myself wouldn't I like to be finacially stable. I wanted to be able to pay my bills and not be in debt.

Thank you for writing this. I look foward to seeing more of your writing.

-HKohn

IĀ understand what you mean

-HKohn

All the things stated in the

Submitted by lming on Thu, 2009-11-19 09:40.

All the things stated in the post are just easier said than done. I have seen and heard those stuff for numerous times, but it still doesn't help me to actually achieve those. One thing that actually stood out for me is "I hope that I have inspired you to reach for you goals that you wish to achieve, because if you want to be successful in life then it all begins by staying in school and go on to college." yeah, maybe you inspired me alright, but i had just enough inspiration for those things long ago. We need not more of" what to do" , what we need is "how to do".

ps: double post ftw hannah ^_^

Hey Andreah , thankyou for

Submitted by aman on Thu, 2009-11-19 09:42.

Hey Andreah , thankyou for taking your time to write this post. I enjoyed reading it. I have to agree with most of what you write. Succeeding in life means bringing positive changes to you and the people around you. Succeeding in life means that no one will ever dare to look down on you and make fun of you. Succeeding in life means that you will be happy, and no longer will you have to worry about being poor. To succeed is one of my current goals to achieve at this moment. I wish to succeed in getting into a good college and hopefully, getting my masters degree on psychology. I hope to succeed in developing a happy family and maintaining good relationships with my family and friends. Succeed is a very important word to me. So is Discipline. To be able to succeed is to knock down all the negatives and bring in the positive.

I agree with your post

Submitted by ssingh on Thu, 2009-11-19 11:07.

I agree with your post "Succeed in Life", because I also think that college eduction is very important . College education is the most important tool to be successful. I know some people makes mistakes, while they are growing up. They fix those mistakes and more on  with their life. I am doing okay in school, but would like to do better from now on. This is my last year in HIgh School hopefully.

Thanks for your writing. I am looking forward to seeing what your write next, because I might agree with your post or might learn something different that I did not know abut before.

Everythime I read your

Submitted by cedinas-sacollege on Fri, 2009-11-20 14:56.

Everythime I read your essays I can't a reflection of how I was too. I learned the hard way when it came to my education and also in life. I feel like I can understand where you are coming froom because you were also a teen parent. I am very happy for you that you stayed focused and motivated and continued your education. Being a teen parent is very difficult but at least we had the drive to proceed to college.