Swimming Thoughts about The Joy Luck Club

by: JHuang2

The Joy Luck Club written by Amy Tan is a very cool book to read during free times and I have been reading it for a week or so. I enjoy reading this book very much, even though I know there words that I don't understand and have to look up the meanings. That doesn't stop me form reading the book and it is still a book that I enjoy reading during free times. This is the first time that I'm reading a book that is written by this author, and I will be looking to see what other books the author has written and will read another book that is written by this author when I have finish reading this book.

I think The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan is a good book to read if want to understend more about how life has been during the 1920s or times like that. The book seems to have several different stories thoughout the book.

A passage from the story that I found it hard to understand is: "You thoughts are so busy swimming inside that everything else gets pushed out." I found this passage hard to understand because even now you have so many other thoughts. If you care about something, it will never get pushed out.

Another passage that I found it hard to understand is: "You are the son of a mother who had so little respect she has become...... a traitor to our acestors." This is a quote said by Autie on page 36 in the book. I think this is not something any one should say to a dying person. After reading this passage for more then once I found this to be a verly different family.

What's probably going to happen next is the story will jump into talking a different part of the girl's life. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book because I want to found out what really happens next.

Well I think I can some how

Odarri's picture
Submitted by Odarri on Sun, 2009-04-12 23:58.

Well I think I can some how relate to your post Jin. The Joy luck club reminds me of an Title of a movie " Tokyo Zombie". I really don't know why, probably both has ominous titles. Well the book I am reading I can never really get around to reading it. Well I will just have to force myself to an accomplishment. It's not that the "Kite Runner is a boring book, but I ma a person who usually waits for the mood of reading something, that can tell wise tales of a boys life in Afghanistan, and It revolution. In the 1970s Afghanistan had a coup' a attack which resulted in the re-establishment of a new government. The boy's name is Amir. The book is by, Khaled Hosseini.

Thank you for

Submitted by JHuang2 on Mon, 2009-04-13 21:41.

Thank you for

commenting and I hope you well enjoy reading the rest of the book.

At first when i started to

Submitted by kbaik on Mon, 2009-04-27 11:40.

At first when i started to read this book i also found this book to be a bit confusing.. But as you read on. you start to understand what they mean and the way they talk. I also got confused on the same lines.. still makes no sense to me. But I just leave it as if maybe it has a deeper meaning.