Take it or Donate it

I created the Scratch animation Take it or Donate it as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that could teac us what is a better choice to take ina situation. These stories send a message about topics such as kindness, honesty, ans strategical choice.

My story is about a man in detroit that is walking on a street, and he sees a stack of money on a table set up by a Food for children in Africa organization. You can eitehr choose to steal the money and buy a new 3D TV or you can just walk away and let the organization help the children in need. My story was inspired by the news, when I saw a boy arrested for stealing from a old lady.

I think I was succesfull in creating my story because I really managed top put effort in to the story and i fnished my ideas and work on time. There might be some errors, but I think that I succesfully made an interactive story that was suitable for children up to 13 years of age. I a also feel taht I was succesful, because i made a ethical story and succeded in uploading it to the destination site.

Nice Project!

16krevoyb's picture
Submitted by 16krevoyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 13:42.

I enjoyed that you made a fun and exciting story with an ethical decision involved.I also liked both outcomes a lot.

I noticed that is accidentally press an arrow key it messes up your whole story. That could be fixed.

The ethical dilemma in your story was very good. I understood both decisions and I liked them both. The only thing you could of improved is the size of the people.

Good Job

16DAlessandroM's picture
Submitted by 16DAlessandroM on Wed, 2012-01-04 13:55.

I liked what you did with the donation or stealing decision.

I by how the answer is steal the money not just steal.

The ethical dilemma in your story is to either donate or steal it.I did understand the choices.

Peer Review

Submitted by 16kennedyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 13:55.

Your story was very interesting and exciting, but could be more audience friendly by making easier mechanics in order to keep the story flowing. When you press a wrong key it messes the whole story up. Thats the only critic i have for your story, other than that it was very good!

Peer Review

16cognatal's picture
Submitted by 16cognatal on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:32.

You had a very good story. I know you have been commented on this but if you press the wrong key you story was messed up accidentally. YOu also could have made your people's speech bubble last a little longer. Besides that you did a ver good job!

I enjoyed how your story told

16silval's picture
Submitted by 16silval on Thu, 2012-01-05 20:32.

I enjoyed how your story told a very good moral. I believe that this is a very good moral.
I noticed how your game has a few glitches such as pressing the arrow keys and switching to another different background that was not part of the script.
The ethical dilemma in your story the ethnical dilemma was very good, it was tempting to take the money but then the consequences of the choice was not so tempting.

I like your animation

Submitted by 17jungn on Thu, 2012-04-26 12:58.

I like the animation, and I like the backgrounds you have included in. The backgrounds look very realistic, and look like the streets of New York. I think the ethical dilemma was to prove that you should donate to others, if you find money. I like this story, and it describes what smart decisions you make.

My Response to your Story

17pandiss's picture
Submitted by 17pandiss on Fri, 2012-04-27 12:55.

A positive thing that was in your animation which I liked was the way you showed your ethical dilemma by typing the answer. I think before you upload you project next time you should proofread you speech bubbles. At some points of the story all letters were in CAPS LOCK except the first letter like this: pRESS. Another thing that you should do to make it better is let the viewers have more time to read your speech bubbles.
Concerning your ethical dilemma, I would rate it 2/3. This is because the ethical dilemma has to be chosen by the main character and it tells ou what to type and press specifically. The bad thing about your ethical dilemma is that if you say steal it not a constructive ending. It was not thought of. It seems like that the endings are similar.

Nice Job

Submitted by 17bahnasyd on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:07.

One thing I liked about this animation, was that the animation was fully and completely up to the viewer and so if they wanted to continue watching the animation, they were free to end the animation as soon as they wanted to by not pressing certain keys that you were told to if you'd like the animation to continue. At first I thought the animation was over but as it turns out, it went on for much longer than i had expected, that was a very cool aspect of the animation.
The ethical dilemma was pretty self explanatory and i cannot find many if any flaws in it throughout the animation's scripts.

I Like your project. It is

17bajqinovcil's picture
Submitted by 17bajqinovcil on Mon, 2012-04-30 14:16.

I Like your project. It is very interesting. By that I mean it is a good lesson to teach and how you presented it is a good way in my opinion. A glitch I found was it froze or just stopped working at a point. I also noticed if you play with the arrow keys the scenes would change and wouldn't make sense. Other then that it is a very good scratch.

Good Ethical Dilemma

17tieuj's picture
Submitted by 17tieuj on Mon, 2012-04-30 17:08.

I thought the ethical dilemma was quite obvious. I think the animation ran smoothly, I think that typing the answer was cool. I didn't think it was necessary to keep buttons like, "A" when the viewer couldn't choose the path. Overall, it was a good story and had a good ethical dilemma.

One thing I liked about this

17abdelrazeks's picture
Submitted by 17abdelrazeks on Tue, 2012-05-01 08:04.

One thing I liked about this animation is that you have to type out your answer after the character asked himself if he should steal or not. It felt as if I were the character.However,the decision wasn't hard for me. I already knew that you shouldn't steal anything because it's a crime.