Take it to the streets, but don't involve sanitation

by: anthonyf

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

I just read a Wikipedia article:
Occupy Wall Street. (2011, October 24). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 17:28, October 24, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Occupy_Wall_Street&oldid=45717...

I learned a lot from this article because I did not really care about this dilemma before. It's good to know it actually includes me because I am the 99%. I learn more of why these people is doing this and I now I want to participate or show at least some type of effort.

One sentence from this article that stands out for me is: “Demands are for terrorists and that is not who we are.” I think this is saying for the people that we are not some type of savages or to hurt the public. Matter fact, we want to help the public! The government should be the ones called terrorists if anybody's pointing fingers.

I'm pretty sure this accurate because they show in this article the NYPD Truth, how the 99% is proven by showing line graphs of stocks and what's going on down in every city worldwide. Also about President Obama saying he was going to make changes and he didn't do anything. http://thetyee.ca/News/2011/10/07/Kalle-Lasn-Occupy-Wall-Street

There was something in the Wikipedia article that describes something that I disagree with the protesters on: "Sanitation is a growing concern... Normally the park is cleaned and inspected every weeknight[, but] because the protesters refuse to cooperate ... the park has not been cleaned since Friday, September 16 and as a result, sanitary conditions have reached unacceptable levels." This stood out for me because I know they're protesting, but they should let the sanitation clean the park at least think about the living creatures and the plants. Your kitchens and sleeping bags are harming the environment. I know they're trying to change something, but don't get the sanitation included. They don't really have a part of your protesting.

I double-checked this fact through http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/06/kelly-protesters-to-be-met-with-f... which makes me feel pretty sure it is true.

There’s something in this article that I think might not be accurate. It says “"They have tried to take our democracy and turn it into a kleptocracy." I think this statement is not accurate because of what I found here: http://www.lupefiasco.com/forums/lupe-fiasco-illuminati . I like to entertain the idea of Illuminati in music. If he is, then he sold himself like this: "Allow me to give people positive music. Inspirational and from of god, and in return I'll give you what you want" Unfortunately that means: "I will then force you to fill everything positive I've given them with the opposite. His music opened or filled your eye/mind, and now it'd be used to pervert the opened channel. Pretty heinous. But it's all theoretical and my own guesses. Because I've noticed the change in power. Other stuff.

What I learned from this article is that the government is hiding a lot of activity behind us. It is not just this protest. It excludes from the media what people actually think they know. When the government lets us know the true story, maybe this whole thing was setup so we could be distracted for something bigger. Hopefully we will find these answers.

Anthony

Submitted by stephanieb on Tue, 2011-11-01 10:50.

i agree with your essay i love all the info and opinions you put into it. i did not know that they were having problems with sanitation because they wont leave the park. i think that having it clean means alot i mean they are out there for the people and the people dont want a dirty city park. I think that if they are going to be there and refuse to leave then to clean they are plenty of people their that can join them

I agree

Submitted by iniazhab on Tue, 2011-11-01 12:14.

I agree with what you wrote about the article because it isn't right if you protesting about whats right and the sanitation cant clean the park and inspect it every weeknight.So therefore the park will be dirty and will cause unwanted rodeos to the environment.Also the protest is just like when there wasn't a right for woman to vote or just like when there was slavery so everything is kinda happening again but its a different reason this time its cause we are having a financial crisis problem going around the world.