Tech 7-1 Unit 3 Advanced Project, Blankson: The Wolf and the 7 Goat Kidds

Discussion
Apr 23, 2015

This is about seven goat children, on their own, who have to make the decision about answering the door to a wolf a few times. They have to make decisions - but you choose for them. The mother trusts that the main character and eldest child will protect the others, but you have to decide for him. It is an interactive story, based off of a fairy tail.

Developers Log #1:

Date: 3/4/2015
Time: 45 minutes
Location: Home
Summary:
I began the script and had to make it fit the story I chose. I also was obliged to do the advanced project for the story because more than one choice had to be made. In fact, there would be 3 to 4 choices, but that would lead to story and scratch project to be too long, and be too difficult, so I only made two choices but still made it an advanced project.

Developers Log #2:

Date: 6/4/2015
Time: 30 minutes
Location: Home
Summary:
I actually finished the script today, and had to make up about ¾ of the scenarios because in the story, the characters always see who was at the door. In my story, I had to let the viewer choose whether the main character and eldest kidd, Jin, was to see who was at the door. I also had to go through and make sure all of the kidds at least had one line in the play, because there are seven of them. I actually forgot about one of the characters and had to change some of the other character’s lines to hers.

Developers Log #3: 11th of April, 2015.
Location: Home
Time: 30 minutes

Today, I did some of the first act, act 1a. This was when the main character is talking with the family, the mother leaves, then they have to decide whether or not to answer the door. I didn’t get to do much today, but I didn’t have many problems while working.

Developers Log #4: 14th of April, 2015.
Location: Home
Time: 45 minutes

Today, I had a slight problem with the project, but I fixed it within minutes. The problem was that the background would change before the characters would move, but I just had to change the broadcasts. It took a long time to make all 7 characters leave the room, but eventually, I did it.

Developers Log #5: 16th of April, 2015.
Location: School
Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour

I think that I am doing well so far, and will definitely be finished by Wednesday, the 22nd of April. I just have to fix one problem so far - the characters go to their positions before the background changes. I fixed a few of the characters, but time was up in class, so I will have to do the rest of it at home. I had a problem before as well, and the wolf was slightly showing in all of the scenes, because I needed him to say something, but not be seen, however, I fixed that problem.

Developers log #6: 20th of April, 2015.
Location: School
Time: 60 Minutes/1 hour.

I am doing well with my scratch project, and am practically half way done. I have done the part where the door is answered, and whether they should answer it again. Sometimes, I do get slightly distracted while doing it, but otherwise that, I think I am progressing well with the project. I did have some problems working today, but I fixed them quickly. For one, the filling of the action bubbles took forever, due to the fact that the computer, and scratch was laggy. Also, some of the characters would move when they weren’t supposed to, which had to do with the broadcast messages, and I had to makes a few characters turn around. Lastly, I fixed the “If, then” blocks the person could actually answer.

Developers log #7: 22th of April, 2015.
Location: School
Time: 30 Minutes

Today, I finished one of the scenarios, and am halfway done with all of the others. There was a problem which was that “The end” sign wouldn’t appear, but I fixed that easily. I think I should finish by thursday evening if I work efficiently, and not procrastinate.

Developers log #8:
Location: Home
Time: A few hours

This is the last log, and I completed the project. I changed some minor lines to make it more entertaining. I also had some problems where the timing was off, but I had to fix those.