Ten Thousand Skies Above You

by: tina188

The book I read was Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray. It is the sequel to A Thousand Pieces of You.

Marguerite's parents had recently invented the Firebird which allowed people to travel to different dimensions. During this time, a group called the Triad wanted to take over their research. They will do anything to get the research. So when they get a hold of Paul, a student who also works on he research and Marguerite's boyfriend, the Triad splits his soul into 4 different dimensions. Marguerite has no choice but to go and find his splintered pieces. During this time, she has to decide whether or not saving Paul is worth destroying her parent's (from a different dimension) research data and any connection to the Firebird. As she does, she discovers new things about every person she thought she knew.

I really liked this book. I didn't think I would like it because at first glance, I didn't think the plot was very interesting and that it probably wouldn't be able to top the first book so I wasn't very excited. In the beginning of the book, the author was trying to summarize the events that happened in the first book. Since I already knew what happened, I started to think the book wasn't going to be good. Then in the middle of the book, there were a lot of plot twists and the author had me asking many questions. I wasn't expecting there to be much to write about and I wondered how she was going to write two more books because it was a trilogy. The ending of the second book came so quickly. I just couldn't put the book down. I love plot twists and that is what keeps me interested in a book. I want to find out what happens in the end. But it also has to do with whether the book makes sense and the plot is steady and doesn't drag.

My question is what keeps you interested in a book?

Book Talk Comment

Submitted by caitlinmarie19 on Fri, 2016-01-08 11:49.

I think your book sounds really interesting! To answer your question, I think what keeps me interested in a book is when I can relate/empathize with the character, and I want to know what happens to them next. That is one of the things I love the most about reading, that you can fall into the character's world and forget about your own.