Terrorism In The United States

by: daikens

It deeply saddens me when I hear about terrorism, but more specifically when I hear about terrorism In a place only 423 miles away from me. That place is in San Bernadino, CA and I live in Oakland, CA. On December 2, 2015 it was reported that 2 Individuals opened fire at a party leaving 14 people dead and 21 people were injured. As a country, it is imperative that we become more strict around gun laws. There is no reason why people have such easy access to guns. As long as guns are easily accessible we will continue to have violence, and mass shootings. Congress needs to make that a priority. When I think of a gun, the first thing that comes to mind is death. More often than not that is sad reality for many victims and their families.

Immigration is a very sensitive yet important conversation to have when talking about moving our country forward, but also when talking about terrorism. It is understandable that the United States of America is the land of opportunity for many individuals fleeing war, and horrible impoverished lives. I believe that we can offer a lot to immigrants yet we must make sure that our citizens are adequately equipped and given enough opportunities before we can just freely leave our doors open. Immigrants contribute a lot to our country and we can make room for more. Yet, we need a new policy on illegal immigrants, which is of illegal immigrants are not doing anything productive or are harming the American Society, then they must go back to their native lands, and if they are doing something and contributing to our society then they can stay. It's that simple.

My fear is that Muslims will become persecuted again, because of the terror attacks that took place not only in San Bernadino but also in Paris. Our country has a history of pointing fingers toward Muslims, when terroristic attacks take place. Such as 9/11. This is not fair and should not occur. Sadly though, our society can be very insensitive.

My hope is that we can all converse around this issue without becoming derogatory, or reopening wounds. This is a vital conversation. This may happen again, and it may happen in my community or your community or even to me as an individual. My only hope is that we unite this country and other countries toward Universal Healing.

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”- Nelson Mandela

I share you with you the fear

Submitted by xprice24 on Fri, 2015-12-11 15:25.

I share you with you the fear of the next attack. The worst thing is knowing it is going to happen again. I have a lot of respect for you. We need to make a change, and it starts with our generation

because we live in a society

Submitted by aywilliams on Wed, 2015-12-16 01:24.

because we live in a society full of sterotypes we do tend to pick on ones identity unfairly. I agree that we as a country and other countries do need to unite rather than seperate. I also agree with you when you say our congress need to focus on things more important that can potientially impact our world negatively. reading this peace just changed the way i view things.

I totally agree with You have

Submitted by mkennedy on Thu, 2016-01-07 14:13.

I totally agree with You have have the same fear about the muslims being persecuted. Not all muslims are bad people

That quote at the end is

Submitted by kruss on Tue, 2016-01-19 07:01.

That quote at the end is perfect. I think the writing is very articulate and I love your take on this topic. I am truly scared for any muslim people already in America.

I like the words you chose in

Submitted by cniegos on Sat, 2016-02-27 00:39.

I like the words you chose in your essay and how articulate you are when it comes to it. It is true that individuals are judge by their actions but you can't infer within the whole group of people. It's just isn't right. great piece.

There has to be a way to end this...

Submitted by 21lubyanitskiyi on Sat, 2016-02-27 21:08.

Terrorism is spreading, and there has to be a way to end it. In this case, we should buff the second amendment, by letting any one be able to carry a lethal weapon that can be used to defend against terrorists. People should be able to defend themselves the best way possible, and in this case, to fight fire with fire...

World Peace

Submitted by 21gooh on Wed, 2016-03-02 00:51.

Dear daikens :

I am seriously concerned and worried about your topic of America and their terrors, "Terrorism in the America," not only because it it our country, but because many people are living here. We all do agree that any type of a crime is unnecessary, and a peace should be kept. I agree as well.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I believe that we can offer a lot to immigrants yet we must make sure that our citizens are adequately equipped and given enough opportunities before we can just freely leave our doors open." I think this is agreeable because I have been thinking that way as well. When I watched the news talking about the harms done around the world, and in the country, I know that more and more people want to have less immigrants. However, I know that now everyone is a terrorist in those countries, so with strict restrictions, I do believe that America should have their doors opened.

Another sentence that I felt strongly about was: "My only hope is that we unite this country and other countries toward Universal Healing.." This stood out for me because of the name of our country. "United States". We are united as a country, but should also try to be united as a world. Our large country became one, and functioned as a single country, and I believe that even though it would be tough, there are ways to improve our ways and getting closer to being a united world.

Your thought about this topic reminds me of something that happened. One time, before I was born, there was the 911 attack. This city was left with the shock, but the people in the city gathered, helped each other, and stood up once again. I think that even though we may be having tough times functioning as a world, it is very possible and that it should actually happen.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I felt very strongly about this topic. I loved the way you discussed this topic that may not be so easy to treat, and I also think that the more we talk about the problems, the easier it becomes to fix them!!

World Peace

Dear daikens :

World Peace

Dear daikens :

With so many rumors and

Submitted by lmiller on Thu, 2016-03-03 21:46.

With so many rumors and stereotypes around the world, society will always point fingers at Muslims for a terrorist attack. If a bombing was to happen, people will automatically point fingers at Muslims, and Arabic because of previous events. I personally think most people only do that because they don't want to believe that someone just like them could do something like this.