THEIR EYES ARE WATCHING GOD chapters 1-3

by: ndaza

I thought Zora Neale Hurston book called "Thier Eyes Were Watching God" was interesting because she expresses in her own way what she thinks the difference is between men and women. Zora Hurston thinks men "Ships at a distance have every man's on board. For some they come in with the tide. For others they sail forever on the horizon, never out of sight, never landing until the Watcher turns his eyes away in resignation, his dreams mocked to death by time. That is the life of men." So basically what Zora means is that men are just  living in fantasy land consently. An if men were to ever make there dreams come true they wont because they just think of what could've been and dont focus on how they can make thier dreams happen.

The author Zora Hurston has a different view for women " Women forget all those things they don't want to remebr, and remeber everything they don't want to forget. Th dream is turth. Then they act and do things accordingly." This statement means that women have thier goals setup straight, women dream like any other human being whether it's a man or a women. Women dream and have fantasies but they make it happen then and there, they don't wait for things to happen they just do it.Women are different according to Zora Hurston not only to be realistic but just to make thier dreams come true no matter what it takes.

I think that Zora does have the right idea of what man and women. The only thing i disagree with the author is that every one has dreams and they all have thier desicion whether or not they want to make it true. It doesn't matter if your man or women you have your own choice. Though thier are people who are men and women who decide not to make thier dreams come true but it is not based on thier gender.