Is there one true religion in the world?

by: dormah

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been is there one true religion? I remember my history teacher talking about how people have different perspective on religion and how to follow it, but at that time I didn’t care about what she was saying because I don’t like history class. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that religion is a choice or is a belief system. From what I have heard, some people do not believe in God or a religion. For example, I know that some people do belief in religion but for many people we think that other religions aren’t important so we don’t pay any mind to the religion. Now that's just what I know , it may or may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about religion is that it is what a group of people belief and everyone may not agree on the same religion. Now, I've studied my share of Religion, and found out that every religion is important. It is the way that people practice it and how important it is for them. And also how they believe in God. Personally, It's funny to me how some people could just say that do not believe in any religion and that it is a waste of time.The Belief in religion is based in on one opinion and how they see the ways of living.

Being that I didn't have a lot of background information on people belief system , I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article: “Religion” This article provided a lot of information on religion. Some people feel religion is something they believe in and help them get more close to God.“We cannot start with the presupposition that one religion is better than another” This statement didn't really surprise me all that much, because as a muslim, I was taught that every religion is important and they is no religion better than the other.

All of this makes me think that religion is based on one belief and that everyone perspective on religion is different and it depend on how the person define religion to be.

M. Roark, Dallas. “ Is there a true religion.” Answering Islam. April 4,2012

“We cannot start with the presupposition that one religion is better than another”

This article is about how every religion isn’t better than the other.And tells us what the religion teach about God.

Gershom ,Yonassan. “ The User-Friendly FAQ on Hasidism” (Chassidism) april 4,2012

Actually, the Hasidic way of life is quite gentle, beautiful and joyful. But we tend to be rather reserved on the streets.”

This article provided a lot of information and opinions on Hasidic Jews. Some people felt that being a hasidic Jew is tough. And some people felt all Jews are the same. “

Dear Mahawa: I am very

giselled's picture
Submitted by giselled on Wed, 2012-04-25 11:13.

Dear Mahawa:

I am very interested in your post “Is there one true religion in the world,” because religion is very important in every single country in the world. Something some countries can take very serious and is part of their everyday life. Every religion believes in God and have a different name for him.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I know that some people do believe in religion but for many people we think that other religions aren't important so we don’t pay any mind to the religion.” I think this is interesting because each kind of religion is taken very serious and people respect it so much. Its a part of their whole life and something they believed in from generation to generation. Many people don’t believe in other religions or really pay any mind just because they believe so much in their own religion and dedicate time to it.

Another sentence that caught my eye was “Some people feel religion is something they believe in and help them get more close to God. “We cannot start with the presupposition that one religion is better than another.” This statement didn't really surprise me at all that much, because i am muslim, I was taught that every religion is important and there is no religion better than the other.” This stood out for me because it's true there is no other religion better than the other. They are all the same, same God maybe they have different name but its all the same to me. others called their church different name they wear different clothes or don't allow certain things, but i don't know why they all just reunite and just make one big religion get everyone together instead of talking about each other. I understand each religion has their own practice and rules but some rules are crazy like woman have to wear skirts and in others women must cover herself and just have her eyes showing if not there will be consequences. I never seen that in a bible and if its something their culture does its crazy because it's taking away their freedom.

Your post reminds me of something that happens to many women in saudi arabia. They get fines and even get public floggings if they do not wear their long black cloaks. i believe its a little bit crazy and if they have attractive eyes that also must be covered up.

THanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i founf your post very interesting and i was very informed with religion.

HI

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2012-05-04 15:52.

HI i have one typicsl question. So what is the true reilgion is it Christianity or ISalmic?

True religion=Islam

Submitted by Anonymous on Sat, 2012-12-15 20:12.

The true religion is Islam. Muslims believe in all the prophets from
Adam (peace be upon him) to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), thus
including Prophet Moses, Prophet Abraham and Prophet Jesus etc(peace be upon them
all).

Christianity and Islam are similar in that they both believe that there
is one God. The next thing they agree on is all the prophets starting from
Prophet Adam (pbuh) however they differ on Jesus (pbuh).

Muslims believe that Jesus (pbuh) was a Prophet and Messenger but
Christians believe he is either God or the son of God. If Jesus (pbuh) was God
then why did he come from a virgin woman Mary yet prophet Adam (pbuh) who was a
Prophet did not need a Mother or a Father? If he was God who created the world,
how can it be that humans were able to put God on a cross and humiliate him?
Why would God come down in human form? Also, in the bible it says Jesus (pbuh)
was circumsized on the 8th day, how can it be that GOD was circumsized? Come on
brothers and sisters, wake up.

Furthermore, if Jesus (pbuh) was the son of God why is it that the son
of God came from a woman yet Adam (pbuh) had no parents? Why would God send his
beloved son to be killed and take the sins of all humans? How can God love
humans more than his son and let him take everyones sins? Isn't God just? Also,
in Christianity you believe there is Heaven and hell right, so if you say Jesus
(pbuh) will take everyones sins and wewill become sinless then what was the
point of God creating hell? Was hell created just for Gods son? It really
doesn't make sense.

Another point to be made is that, in the biblical language God has sons
by the tons. Meaning that anyone who follows the teachings of God is his son,
so Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus (peace be upon them all), were sons of God. This
phrase of son and father has been misinterpreted. If you say he was the son of
God as he had no father then Adam (pbuh) was a bigger son as he had no father
or mother.

In the bible it says don't eat pork, muslims don't eat pork but most
christians do. In the bible it says that Jesus (pbuh) was circumsized on the
8th day, all muslim males are cicumsized but christians are not, if they are
it'll be a very few. In the bible it says that the women should cover their
hair and if she doesn't then shave her hair off. We muslims love Jesus (pbuh)
more than the christians themselves as we follow his teachings more than them. Muslims
respect and believe in all the prophets. Jesus (pbuh) was spreading the same
message as the previous prophets to believe in one God.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was mentioned in Song of Solomon, Chapter 5: verse 16.
In the original Hebrew:

"Hikko
Mamittakim we kullo
Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my
beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is in the bible. In the bible Jesus (pbuh) says:

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I WILL PRAY the Father, and HE WILL
GIVE YOU ANOTHER HELPER
, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the
world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know
Him, for He dwells with you and
will be in you. I will not leave
you orphans; I will come to you." John 14:15-18.

Who is Jesus (pbuh) referring to as “another helper”?
He is referring to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). All the Prophets came to deliver
the same message.

"These things I have spoken to you while
being present with you. But THE HELPER,
the Holy Spirit, WHOM THE FATHER WILL
SEND IN MY NAME
, He will teach you all things, and BRING TO YOUR REMEMBERANCE ALL
THINGS I SAID TO YOU
. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not
as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither
let it be afraid." John 14:25-27

Who was he talking about? He was talking
about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who continued the
message that Jesus (pbuh) was trying to give. It’s the Muslims reminding the Christians
and trying to bring them back to the truth. Muslims love Jesus (pbuh) and no
Muslim is a Muslim if they do not believe in Jesus (pbuh). In the Quran there
is a whole chapter dedicated to Mary, Chapter 19 of the Quran.

"...because I have said these things to
you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. IT IS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE THAT I GO AWAY; FOR
IF I DO NOT GO AWAY, THE HELPER WILL NOT COME TO YOU
; but if I depart, I
will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin,
and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in
Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of
judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Jesus (pbuh) said if he
doesn’t go then the Helper can’t come, so who is that helper? It is Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

"I STILL HAVE MANY THINGS TO SAY TO YOU, BUT
YOU CANNOT BARE THEM NOW
. HOWEVER,
WHEN HE, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, HAS COME
, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH; for HE WILL NOT SPEAK ON HIS OWN
AUTHORITY, BUT WHATEVER HE HEARS HE WILL SPEAK
; and He will tell you things
to come. John Chapter 16 verses 6-15

Who was he talking about
“I have many things to say but you cannot bare them now”? What spirit of truth
was he talking about that would guide you to the truth? He was talking about Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh). Then he goes to mention, he will not speak of his own
authority but whatever he “HEARS” he will speak, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was
given the revelation through the angel Gabriel. He was illiterate so whatever message
God wanted to give was passed on to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by the angel Gabriel
which was memorised by the Prophet. So whatever he HEARD he spoke. The Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh) recited the verses given to him and then passed on the messages
to others. Then scribes wrote down whatever he said and he made sure it was
correct by making them recite what they wrote. Till date the words of the Quran
have not been changed and there is just one Quran for all.

Prophet Muhammad is the final Messenger. The Quran has not been altered
or changed like the bible. There is just one Quran for everyone and it is the
final revelation, do read it and find out the truth before it's too late.

Peace

Christians believe that The

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2013-02-08 08:45.

Christians believe that The Father comes in three forms; The Father, The Son (Jesus) and The Holy Spirit. In all the passages you quoted, Jesus stated that The Holy Spirit will come and be a "Helper". Since Christians believe that The Father comes in three forms (The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) and this is called the trinity mystery, The Holy Spirit will help Jesus and will be the "Helper". Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah, but with the passages you presented I believe it is all about interpretation. When I read the passages, I got my own bible and found the passages, but interpreted it quite different than you did. Also, In John Chapter 16 verses 6-15, Jesus said the "Helper" will help them understand the truth, and he did when Jesus died and rose again. The Holy Spirit filled the dicsiples and they were able to understand all the Jesus said to them. I do not believe Jesus was referring to a Prophet, but to the Holy Spirit. 

Dear anonymous What first

Submitted by htaleb on Thu, 2013-03-07 19:22.

Dear anonymous
What first came into my mind is you know a lot of the verses in the quran. I will assume you are Muslim and is a religious person. i saw this because i am muslim and i know the verses myself but in arabic. There are a lot of comparisons to what you think and i think about the differences between muslims and christians

True Religion= Jehovah's Witnesses

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 2013-04-19 00:12.

"And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." Mathew 24:14 (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures).

Islam is not the true religion. Jesus said "Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire.20Really, then, by their fruits ​YOU​ will recognize those [men].

21“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.22Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’23And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew ​YOU! Get away from me, ​YOU​ workers of lawlessness." (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures)

Also "one Lord, one faith, one baptism;6one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all."  (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures)

Point of view

Submitted by The_Insparation on Tue, 2013-02-12 12:28.

Hello,dormah
Religion is what it is. What I find baffling about religion is that it is supposed to be a message of hope and love gets warped into a ridiculous notion. I don't follow religion that much anymore, but I know a lot about it. I'm not saying that I'm an atheist, but people devote themselves to much to a religion that they lose some sense of self, and forget who they truly are, or who they want to be. If you do put your faith in something, make sure you have a strong sense of yourself first.

Is there one true religion in the world ?

Submitted by htaleb on Thu, 2013-03-07 19:14.

Dear Mahawa:
I was very interested in the post you made about religion. There are three biggest things i care about and religion is one of them. I am
a Muslim and i pray five times a day. I love when you gave your opinion about what you thought when people said that they are atheist or don't believe in anything. I agree with you that there is no religion more superior than the other. What I think is instead of people chattering about their religion is more better than others,and creating violence, they should just follow their roles or religion and let who ever don't want to have a religion be. To conclude, I want to thank you for pointing out you opinion online and it is good for making someone think twice and hope next time to get your opinion about Jesus being the son of God and Meriam the wife.