Thier eyes watching god chapter 4

by: ndaza

I'm reading a book by Zora Hurston called 'Their eyes are watching god" and right now i think the book is very interesting but in some accutions i can't understand some things they mention in the book. So far in this chapter its about arranged marriage and a 16 year old girl named Janie and how she finds her husband disgusting. Janie doesnt have her mind set becuase she is just a young girl and doesnt know what she wants. To me she should not worry whether or not she has a husband or anything jhust worry in having a nice time since she is still young.

I think Janie did make the right choice in running away from her husband because you can't just fall in love with some one you hardly know. In the book there's a section in which Janie describes what her feelings are towards her husband."Ah don' keer who made it, Ah don't like de job. His belly is to big
too, now, and his toe-nails look lak mule foots". To me this doesn't sound to attractive or that Janie is in love with her husband. This sounds to me like she is disgusted and non-attractive.

Another sentence that i found expresses Janies feeling towards her husband is " And: "Ah'm just as stiff as you is stout. If you can stand not to chop and tote wood Ah rckon you can stand not to git no dinner." Janie basically just doesnt care for her husband it's what ever to her. Though it sounds like he has to work and get money inorder for her to cook and feed him. If her husband doesnt do anything she it's the same for her she doesnt care for him at all.

I dont sgree but then again i do agree with what Janie did just because if your not in love with the person you might spend the rest of your life then if you stay with them then your going to be miserable for life. Janie in the other hand did wrong by running away because she is just 16 years old and espcially she is all alone and many things can happen to he. Then again she was already unhappy with her husband and couldn't take it anymore. I don't think i would've ran away i would talk to my husband and see if i can try to fix things because at the end every one deserves a chance an if things can't be fixed then I'll run away.

Whats going to happen next since Jaine is young she might find another yong guy or older and believe that she is in love with them when honestly she is just making dumb choices. Though i can't really but myslef in her postion because she basically has no family and she can do whatever she wants.