Thoughts on the Election

by: JFlores

I think this is really great. What happened today for me and for an entire nation is historic. I feel renewed and Inspired too. I feel like things are going to be a lot better. I feel like I will exceed achievement. This is a big moment. I feel renewed because a lot is going to be done. The country will be healed and is beginning to heal. The country will change a lot. Views will change, people will change and much will change. I do feel Inspired too. This shows to all that anyone, any gender, any ethnic group can be running for president of a free country with many diverse ethnic backgrounds and a rich American culture of diversity. I don't like to use the word "race" because aren't we all part of the human race? Well that is all for now. I have nothing else to add. Hopefully things will get a lot better, and they will.

Election Response

Submitted by ssingh on Thu, 2008-11-20 22:07.
I agree with post, " Thoughts on the election", because this was really a historic day. Barack Obama is the president of United States. He is the first black president. I knew that Barack Obama was going to be the president. But one of my friends disagreed. He said that John McCain is going to win the election and become the next president of United States. But I had trust that Obama is going to the president, because everybody I know was going to vote Obama. 

Thanks for your post, and I look forward for your next post because I might agree on it or I will learn something new.