A time when I fought

by: asanchez

There was a girl who I'll call "Kristen." She was starting with me but I usually was ignoring her.There was one day I got tired and I confronted her. She said that she wanted to fight me so I was like alright, and we tried to fight a lot of times in one day. Her mom came in, her mom was telling her to beat me up, and I was laughing. Then we actually fought. And the teachers stopped the fight. But since then I still don’t like her.

It all started when. Kristen was starting with me out of nowhere. I was with my 3 friends and one of her friends told me that she was talking about me and all this extra stuff about me, but I didn’t know who Kristen was. So I kept asking who’s Kristen? They showed me her and I was like I don’t Know her and I don’t know why she’s talking about me if she don’t know me.
Then, I confronted her and she said she didn't say anything so I left it alone. After I confronted her she kept on and on and I didn’t pay no mind. I kept doing me. Kristen told one of my friends if I have a problem with her to tell her or if I wanted to fight we could fight.
Kristen- “Is Alexis talking about me ? or do she wanna fight me? And if she wanna fight we could fight.”
Friend- “ What are you talking about?, If she wanted to fight you she would of told you in your face.”
When my friend told me I got mad because she could of said it to me. I told my friend that I’m going to confront her tomorrow and I was ready.
Next, Kristen kept on and I was getting mad.
Finally, I got tired and we fought.
That I got tired and we fought and we got in trouble and we had to work together. We had to go to a program in afterschool. And I learn that you don’t have to fight over petty things. I also change by not letting people get to me.

Dear asanchez : I am very

20wua's picture
Submitted by 20wua on Thu, 2015-04-23 14:03.

Dear asanchez :

I am very curious about your post, " A Time When I Fought," because I wonder what was going on with this girl. So Kristen wants to pick a fight with and then her mother comes in and tells her to beat you up, why would a adult act this way? Also this girl wants to pick a fight with you why, for absolutely no reason at all? One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "And I learn that you don’t have to fight over petty things. I also change by not letting people get to me." I think this is a very good moral lesson because it explains that you could have avoided fight, but the only way we learn is from our mistakes and experiences. Now you can see that fighting isn't always the path to go.

Another sentence that I liked was: "There was a girl who I'll call "Kristen." " This stood out for me because it was kind of nice of you keeping her real name out of the posts.( Is that her real name? Just curious.) Also I hope you guys made up or something. I am not saying that's the right thing to do or you have to do that, but it would be good if you 2 made peace. In addition, I also want to say that writing about your experience is a good way to get the anger out!

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time this girl was really asking for it, always bragging about things she did better than anybody else. She would always infuriate people around but they never told the teacher or did anything back. I was really steaming who did she think she was, the queen of the world? Well, I didn't want to pick a fight so I didn't but I always told my friends to steer clear and buy earplugs, but hahaha, she moved away after that year! ( we threw a party, NO! Just kidding!)

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because people can learn from not only their own experience but others as well.

This is a really interesting

Submitted by JesusSalazar on Thu, 2015-04-23 14:59.

This is a really interesting story, I really like how you talk about your transformation throughout the event and how you are not going to let people to get to you. I have had experiences similar to this and I feel like they too helped me grow.

Crazy Story

Submitted by NateHigley on Thu, 2015-04-23 15:07.

This is a very interesting story, It is an important lesson to know you don't always have to fight over little things. I've never really been in an actual fight, but my brother and I get in screaming matches sometimes over stupid things and it never accomplishes anything.

I think it's important that

Rachelstruhs's picture
Submitted by Rachelstruhs on Thu, 2015-04-23 15:09.

I think it's important that you learned that it's good to not fight over petty things. Thank you for sharing your story, I feel like it's something everyone can learn from. Hopefully the program after school helped you and Kristen to get along better.

This was an interesting story

Submitted by IanGB on Thu, 2015-04-23 15:10.

This was an interesting story with a good message. It might make it more compelling if you started the story with an introduction that gave the reader an idea of what was to come. Or at the very least try to make the first sentence more catchy and interesting. Something that will hook the reader.

Interesting

JackSwillinger's picture
Submitted by JackSwillinger on Thu, 2015-04-23 16:15.

Alexis, this story is truly different. I have heard of famous people talking about how they have changed from fighting but never have I heard it from someone like you or me or anyone on youth voices. Fighting changes alot in people and it takes a smart and mature person to understand that fighting is not always the key to solving a problem. Everyone learns from little things and the fact that you wrote about something you truly learned from was pretty cool. Glad I read your post.

I really appreciate how

Submitted by NikkiJam1 on Fri, 2015-04-24 10:06.

I really appreciate how candid you are about this topic. Obviously you have issues with Kristen but I'm glad you two had to work together to make your realize it isn't worth fighting her. I've had my fair share of problems with people but once I let go of all the anger and hate I was able to truly move on. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Dear asanchez : I agreed with

20limm's picture
Submitted by 20limm on Sun, 2015-04-26 18:48.

Dear asanchez :
I agreed with your post, A time when I fought," because I can relate to this article.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "There was a girl who I'll call "Kristen." I think this is thoughtful because even though you two were enemies, you wanted to protect her identity.
Another sentence that I liked was: "That I got tired and we fought and we got in trouble and we had to work together. We had to go to a program in after school. And I learn that you don’t have to fight over petty things. I also change by not letting people get to me.." This stood out for me because it reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had a problem with another kid. we were always threatening each other, and we even fought once or twice. This article made me feel that I was not yhe only one who experienced this.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I am curious about what you will write next that really connects to me.

I loved your story about

Submitted by Alex Lee on Mon, 2015-04-27 19:21.

I loved your story about Kristen! I found it very interesting and thought you wrote very concisely and got straight to the point.

One question: I understand when you were writing, at some parts you didn't use proper grammar and spelling as such. The story was still great, but did you mean to do that on purpose? Maybe to add a different tone/mood to the story?

One thing I liked about your story was that it gave a very eerie mood. It was fun to read and you kept in suprising and mysterious throughout. I espically like the part when you were describing how you would confront Kristen, and she would say she did nothing wrong

On the contrary, I wish that your story was a little longer just so you could add a little more detail. I thought it was great you got straight to the point, but I wish the story was spanned out a little wider over a longer period of time.

Overall, amazing job! I thought your story was enticing and really drew in the reader. I can't wait to read more from you hopefully!

Alex 7-1

Dear asanchez, I am surprised

20zebinatoe's picture
Submitted by 20zebinatoe on Mon, 2015-04-27 21:32.

Dear asanchez,
I am surprised by your story,"A time when I fought," because of how that Kristen girl acted. She acted in an terrible way and treating you in a threaten manner was wrong.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is,"I was with my 3 friends and one of her friends told me that she was talking about me and all this extra stuff about me, but I didn't know who Kristen was." I think that this is important because it showed that you did nothing wrong to her and she acted like a child. She was looking for a fight without a cause.

Another sentence that I felt was important to the story was,"I also change by not letting people get to me." This stood out for me because it showed that after all the conflict with the girl you were able to learn that you should not allow people to get to you.

Your story reminds me of something that happened to me. One time a group of kids confronted me and began to fight for no reason. I did not know what I did wrong so I confronted them back and conflict began. In the end I was able to report to the teacher and they were in trouble. This related to the story because in the end I also learned that I should not allow people to get to me.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it may relate to another person and it can remind them to not allow people to get to them.

First am sorry this girl

Submitted by Zander on Fri, 2015-12-11 17:33.

First am sorry this girl harassed you to the point of having to fight. Her mom sounds like an awful person for goading her into the fight. I feel like there are a few ways you can make the piece of writing more effective. First just clean it up a little bit, make sure the grammer and syntax are tight, this way the reader wont be distracted and can focus solely on your story. Next I would recommend adding a few details, just a little bit more about who you are, who Kristen was, or adding a few details about what else happened after the fight. You did do a good job of expressing your view on the fight and on everything else that happened, your message was very clear.

First am sorry this girl