Is torture okay?

After the realease of the torture memos, America's torture of other human beings at Gauntanmo Bay is being disscussed again. I'm interestead in this topic for a few reasons:

1. I think it's disgusting that we would ever harm other human beings.

2. I think America should be ashamed.

3. I understand and can't argue against some of the rational that allows toture.

4. This contridiction bothers me.

and 5. My father has done a lot with the subject as a legal philosopher and I'd like to learn more about it so that I can disscuss it with him.

it

Submitted by 11spangk on Sun, 2009-06-07 22:13.

it dependsssssssssssssssss

situationssss

since i think your dad is

Submitted by 11aristakesians on Sun, 2009-06-07 22:19.

since i think your dad is the smartest man alive, im going to have to agree.
and i wud like to connect this to harold and kumar go to Guantanamo bay. i think we shud all watch that movie as it shows the process of torture and its effects.

"I think it's disgusting

Submitted by 11gainzas on Sun, 2009-06-07 22:19.

"I think it's disgusting that we would ever harm other human beings."
It disgusting to harm anything that's alive! Chickens, dogs, cows, cats, birds we shouldn't harm anything to begin with tortured humans isn't the only reason America should be ashamed.

"Its disgusting to harm

Submitted by 11chajeta on Sun, 2009-06-07 22:31.

"Its disgusting to harm anything that's alive!"  Vegetables are alive when they're growing in a garden, maybe we shouldnt kill them either.

"Chickens, dogs, cows, cats, birds we shouldnt harm anything to begin with"  The animals that we kill for food are the  most useless animals in society, they contribute absolutely nothing to the world except delicious meat. They dont even have real emotions. Its also acceptable to kill these animals for food since we're using them for our own nourishment.

stephanie much love. i think

Submitted by 11tamanahaj on Sun, 2009-06-07 22:23.

stephanie much love. i think thats the perfect movie to connect it to.
and solemia I agree with both points. i was just trying to emphasize that they idea that we could lock up other people in tiny cells for years, waterboard them, smash them into walls and starve them is unbelieveable