The Tour Guide

by: 16hoques

I created the Scratch animation Ethical Story: The Tour Guide as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that teaches something to the player. It gives the player a thought about what the wrong thing is and what the right thing is and if the person does something bad there will be consequences and if the player does something good there will be a reward.

My story is about a tour guide who takes a family on a tour in the famous Ebay Forest and gives the family a tour on some of the famous parts of this forest. This forest however is also dangerous because without a tour guide there is a high possibility that the people will die because the forest is very dangerous. There is many wild animals in the forest. The player has to choose if he wants to be good or bad and if he is bad then he will leave the family and take all of their money. Then when he gets back there will be a undercover cop waiting for him that will ask him where is tour is and if he can’t answer he will go to jail. If the player chooses to be good then when the tour gets back they will give the player a big tip because he gave a good tour to him and his family.
My story was inspired by my thoughts on the day we were thinking what we wanted our story to be. I was watching The House of Wax the day before and it gave me the idea of someone betraying someone else. In my story the tour guide betrayed his tour by being bad.

I think I was successful in creating my story because my Ethical Story is atleast three minutes long. The game was interactive with the player because the player can choose if he wants to be good or if he wants to be bad. Also in the beginning of the game the player is asked his/her name. My story had a ethical decision with two choices. The player could have been bad or the player could have been good. I made my own Ethical story out of scratch and didn’t use an material other than scratch therefore I didn’t give any credit. The game is appropriate for children under 13 years old.

Comment

16chowdhurym's picture
Submitted by 16chowdhurym on Wed, 2012-01-04 09:06.

I the smoothness of your story. The ethical decision went along perfectly. Also the guy got punished for choosing the bad decision.

I noticed that the police said yo. This is not so formal. I don't think that police would actually say this when they arrest people.

The ethical dilemma in your story is interesting because the police said yo. Alos the tour guide went against the tourists.

your animation

16bashara's picture
Submitted by 16bashara on Wed, 2012-01-04 18:51.

I like the sprites you chose.

I noticed the officer said yo which is not what an officer should say. If a little kid saw this and uses the word yo then you will be responsible for teaching him/her that word. So, changing the sprite from saying yo into saying hello would be better.

The ethical dilemma in your story made sense to me. I understood what you're are trying to teach the player.

This is interesting and the

16koutsoulidakiss's picture
Submitted by 16koutsoulidakiss on Thu, 2012-01-05 15:42.

This is interesting and the ethical desicion could have been more clear by stating what will happen if you choose to be bad or good.

I think your story is really

16chowdhurys's picture
Submitted by 16chowdhurys on Thu, 2012-01-05 17:55.

I think your story is really good. The ethical decision is clear and the story's plot was nice. I think it is weird that a police cop would say yo. It doesn't seem normal so I think you could change it up a little or else I feel everything else was great.

Question

16wongn's picture
Submitted by 16wongn on Tue, 2012-01-24 16:02.

I don't understand what you are trying to teach with this ethical story.

Ethical Story

Submitted by 17marukyann on Wed, 2012-04-25 18:46.

I strongly agree with 16wongn. I really don't understand the ethical dilemma in this animation. The story plot and the moral were very unclear to me. You were supposed to make an interactive ethical story animation, but you only did part of it. You only made the animation interactive, which you did well on. But making the animation with an ethical dilemma wasn't well done. I think this animation can be greatly improved.