Travel to the Deep Sea

by: ostart

This is part of my research paper I've written on deep sea life.

You’re traveling deeper and deeper into an unknown area. Pressure keeps building making you feel as if you may explode, yet still forcing you further down the unfamiliar waters. The sun doesn’t get through the thick waters at this level so the temperature continues to get cooler and cooler. There are creatures living at the same depth but you can not see them, only the the force of water against you as they swim by. You’ve reached the mysterious home of many unknown creatures that have learned to survive on the ocean floor.

The deep sea is made up of a dark and cold environment. There isn’t very much information known on the deep sea because research is hard to perform at such depths because of the intense pressures. Organisms that survive on the ocean floor have adapted to live without sunlight, and generate energy through other sources. The planet we live on is actually seventy percent water. There has been more research done in outer space than on the ocean floor of our own planet. So much of the area is unknown. But discoveries that have been made showing organisms that have learned to survive in extreme environments. The adaptations that these organisms have made and the way of life on the ocean floor is so foreign, making it more interesting.

Dear: Ostart I thought your

J.O.B.'s picture
Submitted by J.O.B. on Sun, 2012-03-04 21:35.

Dear: Ostart
I thought your post, “ Travel to the Deep Sea” was cool and I to wonder what mysteries are down there. One sentence you wrote that stood out for me was: “ There has been more research done in outer space than on the ocean floor of our own planet.” I found this interesting because why doesn’t anyone apply money and time to find the mysteries of the sea. There are numerous stories and myths about the sea and I wonder if any of them are true.
Well thanks for your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next.
P.S. Have you ever thought about cities underwater in the near future?!?!

Dear ostart, I thought your

Submitted by shaimt on Sun, 2012-03-04 23:14.

Dear ostart,

I thought your post on the underwater world was very intriguing because i never knew that so many things are in the water.But now thanks to your post I have learned so many things about he ocean that I never knew.

One sentence that stood to me was “The deep sea is made up of a dark and cold environment”. He reason that the sentence stood out to me was because I thought that the entire ocean was one temperature not that there were different temp as you go down. But now thanks to your article i know differently hanks to you. Also if you could have explained a little more on the animals adaptation would have help.

Thank you for your writing look forward to more post.