Try Little Fail Hard / Poco tratar Falla duro

by: kruss

If I am being completely honest, my work has been less than subpar. I haven’t turned in like anything for any teacher for the past two weeks. I am really slipping and I couldn’t tell you why.

It’s been really hard for me to focus these past couple months and I think my depression has come back full force. The only thing I want to do is sleep and watch Netflix. I have no idea how to fix it either. I went back on my medications but that doesn’t seem to be working for anything. I really need to solve this problem.

I am slipping through the cracks and I can’t claw my way out like I have in the past. Then again I have never been in this deep. My grades are absolutely crap and I couldn’t care less. I am really trying to but something mentally is getting in the way.

It’s like a glass wall. I am screaming against it and I can see where I need to go but my body will not move. Just my mouth. For some reason, I can find no motivation to fix these problems that are seemingly simple. But I don’t care enough to be a part of the solution. However if I can’t help myself no one can.

That I think is the scariest part of this entire situation. I cannot rely on anyone else in this situation. I am my own helper and I have to do everything I can to pull myself out of this rut. But that is especially hard seeing as how I don’t seem to care.

In fact, it’s even hard for me to do this without stopping every couple minutes to do something less important. I have to fight it all, though. I can do it I know I can but I choose not to and I need to start choosing to do my work instead of failing because failing is most certainly not what I want to do in my life.

Version en español

Ha sido muy difícil para mí concentro estos últimos dos meses y creo que mi depresión se ha vuelto muy fuerte. Lo único que quiero hacer es dormir y ver Netflix. No tengo ni idea de cómo arreglarlo. Volví sobre mis medicamentos, pero eso no parece estar funcionando. Es realmente necesario para resolver este problema

Estoy resbalando a través de las grietas y no puedo garra mi salida como si tuviera en el pasado. Pero nunca he sido tan profunda antes tampoco. Mis calificaciones son malas y no les importa. Yo estoy tratando, pero algo se está poniendo en mi camino mental.

Es como una pared de cristal. Estoy gritando en contra de ella y puedo ver donde tengo que ir, pero mi cuerpo no se mueve. Sólo mi boca. Por alguna razón no puedo encontrar ninguna motivación para solucionar mis problemas. Parecen tan simple. Tal vez no me importa lo suficiente como para ser parte de la solución. Sin embargo si no puedo ayudarme a mí mismo, nadie puede.

Creo que esa es la parte más aterradora de toda la situación. No puedo confiar en nadie más en esta situación. Soy mi propio ayudante y tengo que hacer todo lo posible para sacar yo salir de este agujero. Pero eso es muy difícil, porque realmente no me importa nada.

De hecho, es incluso difícil que lo haga sin parar cada dos minutos para hacer algo menos importante. Tengo que luchar todo sin embargo. Puedo hacerlo, sé que puedo, pero no elegir y tengo que empezar a elegir para hacer mi trabajo en lugar de fallar debido a su defecto es sin duda no es lo que quiero hacer en mi vida.

Surprised!

Submitted by justinrodriguez on Wed, 2016-06-08 08:21.

Dear Kennedy:

I am surprised with your post "Try Little Fail Hard" because you said
It’s been hard for you to focus in class and that’s bad

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ‘’the only thing
I want to do is sleep and watch netflix’’ i think this is
Introsing because sometimes i feel the same way.
I feel crazy and don't want to go to school.

Another sentence that i related to was ‘’my grandes are crap and i
Couldn’t careless this stood out to me because i know i should care
More about my grades and school work.

I strongly agree with you that you have to do Everything you can to pull yourself out this rut. One reason i agree with you is because when you are in school you can only be responsible for yourself .
You have to make your own grades , parents cant hold your hand
To make sure you pass

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because i would i like to know if you made change
In school and if you are feeling and doing better.

letter to kennedy

Submitted by tmyrick on Wed, 2016-06-08 08:47.

Dear kennedy,

I am happy that you shared our story about dealing with depression, and all of the things that you were having to go through.I also went through the same thing as you and I got help.

One sentence you wrote stands out for me is, ‘’all I want to do is sleep and watch netflix’’.Which is want everyone else likes to do but sometimes it’s hard to do what you want to do what you plan to do.However, i went through depression like i said before.

Another sentence is,my grades are absolutely crap and I couldn’t care less. When you have depression,people lose confidence on doing things and think they not able to do things.

Your post reminds me of my story of what i went through and how I was almost close to killing myself.If I did not get help for it, I would be dead by now.

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing your response.Because,We both went through the same thing and wonder if I will come back.

Depression

odukuray's picture
Submitted by odukuray on Wed, 2016-06-08 11:44.

Dear Kennedy;

I am very happy with your essay “Try Little Fail Hard” because it reminds me of many people. Some people find it very hard to do their work in school when have something in their mind and all they try to do is just put it aside.

One sentence that stands out for me is “ The only thing I want to do is sleep and watch Netflix”.I think this is a good sentence because many people like brushing away their troubles by watching television or sleeping.

Another sentence that got my attention was “ I haven’t turned anything in for any teacher in the past 2 weeks”.This stood out for me because it's better if you turned in your work and it's not too late to turn in your work.

Your essay reminds me of me somehow because when I get tired or angry what I like to do is sit down and what anime.The reason why i said this is because it's like that's what cool me down like how you use to watch Netflix just to let you know your not the only one in pain.

Thanks for your writing.I look forward to seeing what you write next,because your writing has a good connection with me.It also relates to people around the world.

Dear Kennedy, I am proud

Submitted by jhostos on Wed, 2016-06-15 08:36.

Dear Kennedy,
I am proud with your post because you had put a lot detail in your writing and you was expressing yourself.And he was mad because he didn't want to get up out of his rust.
I liked that when you was in your rust cause I feel liked that sometimes and I don't like to get up none of my family liked to get up at all.
Another paragraph that I liked was when he said that he was slipping and he couldn't tell why.That stood out for me because he should not be slipping on the table and he should tell why.
Your post reminds me when I was with my family and i slipping on the table. And -people was laughing at me and I was really mad at my mom
Thanks for writing I look forward to look your writing again.

Kennedy awesome post

Submitted by ywinston on Thu, 2016-06-16 08:34.

Dear Kennedy:

I’m interested by how you did not not turn in any work to any of your teachers but you did try but was not able

One sentence you wrote that out for me is “it's been really hard for me for me to focus these past couple months and i think my depression has come back full force “i think this is interesting because it's outstanding that you have the confidence to just let people know that you suffer from depression and that you are perfectly honest with your readers.

Another sentence that i irate “ i’m slipping through the cracks and i can't claw my my way out like i have in the past then again i have been in this deep my grades are absolutely crap and i couldn't care less i am really trying to but something mentally is getting in the way” this stood out for me because you used something that could be used as a metaphor.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me one time i really was not in school that much because i was not a school person i was always home schooled so i did not adjust to getting up in the morning but that's not really a excuse but i was not able to adjust but here i am at the last two weeks of school and i am trying to redeem myself after all this time.

Thanks for your writing i look forward to seeing you write another post because i really enjoyed reading your story and it's awesome to see that someone else besides me is struggling in school even though our stories aren't that similar i can still relate to your story in many ways

Surprised

Submitted by csantos on Thu, 2016-06-23 14:04.

Dear Kennedy:
I am surprised with your post "Try Little Fail Hard" because you said: “It’s been hard for you to focus in class,” and that’s bad.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The only thing I want to do is sleep and watch netflix.” I think this is Interesting because sometimes I feel the same way when i'm at home and i have nothing to do or when i do have something to do.
Another sentence that i related to was “my grades are absolutely crap and i Couldn’t care less.” this stood out to me because i know i should care More about my grades and school work.I strongly agree with you that you have to do Everything you can to pull yourself out this rut. One reason i agree with you is because when you are in school you can only be responsible for yourself.You have to make your own grades , parents can't hold your hand To make sure you pass your classes.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me in 5th Grade.One time i was in a situation just like you but the only problem was that it wasnt depression it was anger because i have anger issue but its been along time since i dealt with anger issue untill this one day my teacher scream at me saying why haven't turn any work in and it just came worse then before like i never been so angry that i stared kicking chairs and throwing books but i think the worse thing i did in 5th grade was i told her i hope she dies by getting hit by a bus so then she sent me to the princpal office i was cool with him but since i was so angry i couldn`t control my self that i told the princpal f*** yourself and he said he knows i'm going through a lot of things at the moment so he won't get mad at me.
Thank you for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next because i would like to know if you made changes In school and if you are feeling and doing better then you are feeling now.
Sincerely:
Santos J Christopher