A tumor that has affected a 12 year old girl!!!!

by: RMcK

This is a picture of my sister after she had her surgery.  She has a tumor in her left eye and is affecting her sight, which she calls "demented" because she can hardly see out of it.  You may be asking yourself "why didn't you take the tumor out to make it better for her to see?" but the thing is if the doctors took out all of the tumor, my sister would have gone completely blind in her left eye.  So the doctors took out as much as they could without hurting her.  The doctors say it may grow back in about 25 years so we'll have to wait and see how well the radiation will treat her. 

Enjoy :), Rachel

I feel sorry for her

WPereira's picture
Submitted by WPereira on Mon, 2008-11-17 21:33.

I feel sorry for her. Its just not fair that this needs to happen to a young girl. I hope she recuperates all right and quickly. I wish good luke through outher following years. Hope that tumor does not come back.

RE: I feel sorry for her

Submitted by RMcK on Wed, 2008-11-19 11:21.

Thank you for your sympathy!! She is doing well, she has radiation therapy everyday after school until by the end of December.  If everything keeps going well we can go on our christmas break, if not we'll have to be home and make sure everything goes smoothly. 

Nice emailing you,

Rachel :)

Dear RMcK:  I feel sad

Submitted by bmong on Sun, 2009-01-18 23:29.

Dear RMcK:

I feel sad about your image, A tumor that has affected a 12 year old girl!!!!," because it is very sad to see that a 12 year old girl has a tumor on her eye.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "You may be asking yourself "why didn't you take the tumor out to make it better for her to see?" "I ask this question to myself also when I was reading your writing. And as you said, I noticed that it doesn't work because it will make your sister's left eye totally blind.

I do feel sorry about your sister's situation and hoping that she will be better of her sight. It is really regret of a 12 year old girl had a tumor in her eye. It must be very difficult for her to facing this illness. Hope that she would get well soon.