U.S Soccer, Back on Track

by: beenut

I know this is old news, but how about the U.S National Soccer Team? I was watching the game against Costa Rica last Wednesday, and turned off the T.V after the U.S team was down 2-0. I thought for sure the game was over, only to read in the newspaper the next day we had scored two goals to tie the game. After further reasearch I discovered that the U.S team took the top spot in the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football qualifying. With a win in this game vs. Costa Rica the American team cemented their spot in the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and showed how strong they can preform on the International stage. U.S soccer in the past has not been particularly strong, but this run to the FIFA World Cup has renewed my faith. The United States should be the country that dominates in every sport, and the soccer team had been lacking. Fortunately it seems like they are back on pace, beating football teams, and making incredible runs to championships. Just like the slip of consciousness of the 2004 U.S Mens Basketball Team, the United States soccer team is back on the right path, the path that hopefully will lead to a win in the FIFA Cup.

Qualifying, mounting a furious comeback that finished with just 10 players on the field while earning a 2-2 draw with Costa Rica on a rainy night at RFK Stadium.

U.S Soccer

Well Hey I like your Topic.

Submitted by dzhapa on Sun, 2009-10-18 18:15.

Well Hey I like your Topic. I like to play soccer. I like the part where you said:  U.S soccer in the past has not been particularly strong, but this run to the FIFA World Cup has renewed my faith. The United States should be the country that dominates in every sport, and the soccer team had been lacking. Fortunately it seems like they are back on pace, beating football teams, and making incredible runs to championships. I also like this quote "Qualifying, mounting a furious comeback that finished with just 10 players on the field while earning a 2-2 draw with Costa Rica on a rainy night at RFK Stadium".

Dear Beenut, I thoroughly

Submitted by samwatson on Sun, 2009-10-18 19:01.

Dear Beenut,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article, "U.S. Soccer, Back On Track". I can not think of any way that I would rather have spent 45 seconds of my day. It seems to me that you have pride in the fact that United States sports seem to excel in all athletic disciplines. However, I disagreed with your statement "The United States should be the country that dominates in every sport". It seems that the U S and A does dominate in many sports, but i feel that "should" is the improper word choice at this juncture. "should" implies that the United States has its athletic destiny manifested in some way. I would be very happy if the United States beat all of the other countries, but I do not feel like our country has a right to. That's just my two cents. 

Love Always,

Samuel C. Watson