The Violent Video games

by: calcar

There have been many complaints about video games especially how violent they are and the young gamers that play them. All of the brand new games all have somebody being killed or robbed. For example Grand Theft Auto 4 is about a European guy coming into New York and working with people to kill or threathen people for money and freedom. Even though the games are interesting I would say that these game is too violent for young gamers. Also that some parents have to see what type of games their children play. This is just one example of so many other titles.

Another example of a violent game would be the Call Of Duty franchise, which involves you being the main character in a war fighting for your life. But at the same time I think that this game could help gamers who want to be soldiers see how it is out there and that it is not easy. The multiplayer is fun but what I find dumb is 7-10 year olds playing the game. I mean this game is way too violent for them and could affect their minds because some still can’t tell right from wrong.

Being that I didn’t have a lot of background information on violent video games and children, I choose to do some research on this topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article: Violent video games linked to child aggression http://articles.cnn.com/2008-11-03/health/healthmag.violent.video.kids_1.... This article provided a lot of information and opinions on violent video games some people felt that violent video games was leading to child aggression and that is the type of games most children like to play. This statement suprised me because it left me wondering about this topic. Also how many people actually play these types of games.

In another article “ It’s A Duel: How Do Violent Video Games Affect Kids” http://www.npr.org/2011/07/07/137660609/its-a-duel-how-do-violent-video-.... There was this one statement that made me nod my head with the writer. It was “ Everybody was more aggressive they were if they’d played a violent game than if they’d played a nonviolent games, and the more numb they were, the more aggressive they were in terms of blasting their opponent with loud noises through headphones.” This is true because every time I play a Call of Duty game there is always a two people cursing each other out. I find it funny, but they always seem angry about especially if you kill them. So I do think that some violent video games make people aggressive.

My final thought is that there are some games that could help some kids and others that they should stay away from. Like the games created from RockStar should be kept away from kids under the age of 12 because they are too violent. Also that some of these games could have a negative affect on peopel who don’t know what to do and they could end up being serial killers.

Dear: Nafezza I agree with

Submitted by poreve on Wed, 2012-03-07 12:48.

Dear: Nafezza

I agree with you, me I'm not a fan of the violent video games. I believe that if you play it a lot your going to become it. That's why the boys are the way they are because they want to be like their "hero" and watching things like that could be even worst for a miner because he sees these things and grows up to be like that. Thanks for posting

Dear Carlos, I enjoyed your

Submitted by rivoma on Sun, 2012-03-11 12:07.

Dear Carlos,

I enjoyed your post “ The violent video games” because its a topic that many people are worried about. I agreed with your post that violent games can affect the minds of young gamers. One sentence that stood out to me was “ Also that some parents have to see what type of games their children play” the questions is why are parent even letting youngster play these games. I think its probably lack of attention to their children. If parents would pay attention to what their children play maybe they can stop them from growing up violent.

Another sentence that stood out to me was “ some people felt that video games led to child aggression” its true i have a little cousin that is overly aggressive and he’s only seven years old. I feel like parents should stick to buying kids games that correspond to their age. I believe that the world can be a better place if there wasn’t so much violence.

Your post reminds me of my young cousin he plays video games with a lot of blood and gore. Now all of a sudden killing and guns is all he talks about. I correct him when he gets out of hand and encourage him to play other games that aren’t aggressive. He replies with a no because they are boring. Well i guess I don’t worry about him since hes not my son and I only see him once in a while.

I really like your post because its a topic adults and some people are worried about.

Dear calcar, I liked your

Submitted by alijim on Mon, 2012-03-19 19:03.

Dear calcar,

I liked your post “ The violent video games” because you wrote about why video games are violent. You also wrote about how it can be inappropriate to young kids. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is when you say, “Even though the games are interesting I would say that these game is too violent for young gamers”. I liked this sentence because it is true what you are stating. the video game can be fun but not good for children. Out of those video games kids can learn to be violent with others and get in to trouble.

Another sentence that I liked was, “ But at the same time I think that this game could help gamers who want to be soldiers see how it is out there and that it is not easy. The multiplayer is fun but what I find dumb is 7-10 year old’s playing the game”. I liked that sentence because I agree with you. In my opinion small kids should not be playing does kinds of games. They should playing sports and family games.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. Onetime I was visiting my aunt and her 6 year old son was playing call of duty. I think it is wrong because t start to act violent in the future. The violent video games can get him aggressive.

Thanks for writing. I Iook forward to seeing what you write next, because you seem like a good writer with some interesting topics.

Dear Carlos: i loved your

Submitted by lizyer on Sun, 2012-03-25 23:16.

Dear Carlos:

i loved your post, “the violent video games,” because its true theses video games are really getting violent and many parents don't like this because of what kids are doing because of the games. one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “For example Grand Theft Auto 4 is about a European guy coming into New York and working with people to kill or threaten people for money and freedom.” i think this is important because many kids will buy this game and think that what they do in the games they should try it.

another sentence that i liked was: “Even though the games are interesting I would say that these game is too violent for young gamers.” this stood out for me because it's true many young gamers see the trailers and they immediately want it and then when they start playing the game they start to think is this possible etc.

your post reminds me of something that happened to me. when smackdown vs raw came out for gaming consoles my brother wanted it right away i think wrestling is dangerous because those moves that they been doing kids may try then my brother was playing with our other they were trying to wrestle and my brother did one of the moves he saw and he almost hurt our little brother.

thanks for your writing. i look forward to seeing what you write next, because this really relates to me because i play alot of violent video games but i dont try theses things i see.

i completly disagree with you

Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2012-05-10 06:51.

i completly disagree with you vilolent video games let them express thier anger and other felling while enjoyinh themselfs while in a relistic enviorment i doubt kids would reenact this stuff they see i am a gamer my self and when im stressed i play video games.

i am a fan of videogames, and

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2012-11-26 17:01.

i am a fan of videogames, and i don't see the problem with games like halo, as they are about aleiens, and there aren't that many aleiens that my kids can kill here with a lightsaber, or lazer gun, but i oppose the zombie games and things that can be too real, such as grand theft auto. i see where the call of duty part came from, and the fact that soldiers now actually play these gams in training, but otherwise the games where your enemies fade away, i mean, kids should know that that's not real, but i'm not letting my kidsplay till they're 13Smile

That's what sells

Submitted by Elvioc on Wed, 2012-11-28 16:56.

In today's society: violence sells. Children are very tempted to get games like this. The problem is that parents usually go "Oh,it's just a game what harm can it do?". So, what happens is that today's youth is raised on all of this violence and it's corrupting them. Sure one might say that since they're young, they won't really consider it more than just something for fun. Either way, humans love to kill each other.The media is only promoting this growth of violence.

In some way its the parents

Submitted by Josefl on Wed, 2012-11-28 19:40.

In some way its the parents fault for buying the game for their kid.If their really concerned they would check the rating of the game being sold.But in some occasions the violent games can be a stress reliever, theirs been controversy about how violent games can help with stress. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9942041-1.html

Dear Calcar: I agree with

Submitted by jose24ousd on Tue, 2014-09-09 23:43.

Dear Calcar:
I agree with your post."The violent Video Games". One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Even though the games are interesting I would say that these games is too violent for young gamers". I think this is interesting because games are very fun to play for many ages. also young gamers could learn things that they should not learn at all for their age. Another sentence that I revised was "There have been many complaints about video games especially how violent they are and the young gamers that play them". This stood out for me because the young they are the more of a chance the could end up dropping out of school. I agree because people could do bad stuff just by learning in video games and for the young gamers they learn fast they could something bad in the near future.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, Because its important that we keep violent games away from children. I would like to hear something about married couples playing video games like could they be a couple if one plays a lot of video games.