Voice

Submitted by nikki39987 on Wed, 2016-03-16 08:11

My voice — you know, the one in my head — has changed quite a bit over the years. I’m almost eighteen, so it’s crazy to think about how much I’ve been through and how it would change my voice. When I was under the age of ten, I remember being so curious and interested in things that I wouldn’t even think about now. I was one of those weird kids that let bugs crawl all over my hands, wondering what life was like for something so small, and thought it was the coolest thing. I thought the world was a wonderful and happy place, but I was too innocent to understand anything beyond that good feeling.

By the time I hit puberty around the age of eleven, I remember looking at everything in a completely different way and with that the voice in my head changed too. I began seeing the world in many different perspectives that I didn’t entirely understand but learned to accept as I grew up. I started to become more aware of the people and things around me. I also became very self-conscious about how I looked and came across to other people. All of my surroundings seemed to change right before my eyes. It feels kind of crazy to think about how much everything’s changed around me as well as myself.

Your poem really connects

aruiz's picture
Submitted by aruiz on Mon, 2016-04-18 12:39.

Dear Nikki,

I am happy with your poem ‘’Voice’’ because you wrote a piece that really connects with a lot of people and even me too.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is this sentence ‘’ My voice - You know the one in my head has changed quite a bit over the year’s’’ I think this is good because the first sentence tells us readers how a voice changed over the year’s.

Another sentence that I thought was good was in this sentence ‘’ I remember looking at everything at in a completely different way and with that that voice in my head changed’’.

Thanks for your writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next time because you told a story that changes use, are decisions, and our life too.

This is an interesting piece

Submitted by oliviamartha on Mon, 2016-04-18 22:57.

This is an interesting piece of writing that I think many adolescents can relate to. I think your description of letting the bugs crawl on your hands was a really good addition, because it gave me an image of what your childhood mind was like, and how it is different now. I also think you are good at reflecting on the changes in your life.