The Warrior Heir

by: 18fut

The Warrior Heir is a book about magic. In the world, there are people called Weir and Anaweir. Weir are the people who have the ability to use magic and the Anaweir are people who are related to the Weir by blood but don't have the ability to possess magic. The Weir are separated into 5 guilds: wizard, warrior, sorcerer, soothsayer, and enchanter. Wizards are the strongest of all the guilds because they possess the ability to control magic with words. All Weir when born have a weir stone that defines which guild that they are in. A Weir with a wizard's stone is a wizard. A Weir with a warrior's stone is a warrior and so forth. The Weir stone is located behind every Weir's heart.

Jack, the main character is Weir. He just didn't know it until he was sixteen. He had to take medication everyday until one day he forgot and almost killed one of the members in soccer tryouts. Soon, Jack learns the startling truth about himself: he is Weirlind, part of an underground society of magical people who lived amoung the normal citizens. At the head of this society sit the feuding houses of the Red Rose and the White rose, whose power is determined by playing the Game-a tournament in which each house sponsors a warrior to fight to the death. The winning house rules the Weir. As if his bizarre heritage wasn't enough, Jack finds out that he's not just another member of the Weirlind-he's one of the last of the warriors, at a time when both houses were scouting for a player.

This Type of magical society is what would get each and every single person on the world into big trouble and that would mean killing innocent people on their way to achieve their goal. The dystopian society created, forcing warriors to fight to the death just for power will undoubtedly lead to major problems in the long run. Jack's mother is Anaweir, meaning that she doesn't know about all of this magic and Weir stuff. Jack happens to be a warrior and their job is to basically kill people. The fact that Jack's mom is also a pacifist and can't stand killing is also a problem that Jack is going to have in the long-run. This book will only get worse and worse if there isn't anything to stop the Roses from being so power hungry.

This is a good book!

Submitted by 16savinone on Thu, 2014-04-10 23:57.

I have read the book and found it to be really interesting. There are some pretty intense moments and also a lot of twists to the plots that were somewhat unexpected. Good choice!