Waste Waste Waste

by: A.Clayton

We as American's should take the initiative to recycle, for it us our children that will suffer over something we oculd easily helped prevent.  The recycling bins we have at our homes is a great place to start.  But as recycling becomes more and more popular, those blue bins are filling up quicker and quicker.  The bin at my house is only picked up every two weeks, but before the first week ends my bin is almost overflowing.  When the recycling bin becomes full where do we put the other recycleables? We put them in the trash because there is no where else for them to go.  So that means tons and tons of recyclables are being thrown away, simply because there is not enough room in the reclycling bin.  But as it is 70% of trash can be reclyed, and humans are creating waste like no tomorrow. 

The average American produces about 4.4 pounds (2 kg) of garbage a day, or a total of 29 pounds (13 kg) per week and 1,600 pounds (726 kg) a year.

How Much Garbage Does a Person Create in One Year?

We could save a lot of recyclables each week by having the recycling bins picked up weekly.  Then we could recycle 70% of our garbage.  Companys are now advertising there products to be recyclable, which means more andmore things are able to be recycled.