Weight of a Memory

by: KWP1994

To scouts of troop 141

Forged in fire my class ring is a reminder of all of you. My ring is made of silver, and the stone is green tourmaline. The sides of my ring are of a mountain biker, and the other side bears the emblem of the Boy Scouts of America. Etched around the stone are the words Colby High.

The weight of my ring is a reminder of all my nine years in Colby. It is a heavy weight on my heart, but it is a weight that I carry with pleasure. It reminds me of all the good times I had out in Colby, from teacher slip ups and accidents to all the memories of the great summers. It weighs only a few ounces physically, but it weighs 1000 pounds on my mind.

The Boy Scout emblem reminds me of all the times I went camping with the rest of the troop. One time a couple of years ago we were camping at Camp Hansen, and on the first night it rained so hard that I had a river running through the middle of my tent. My gear took two days to completely dry out. I wasn’t the only one to get soaked that night, but the tent I was in was hit the worst. That night My tent partner, Brady, and I were joined by most of our troop under a gazebo. For the rest of the week I slept on a spare cot. that didn’t really fit in the tent. After the rain had finished the usual heat returned, and we were still walking in mud that stuck to anything and everything, but the mud dried up in about a day.the rest

Improvements

tommybuteau's picture
Submitted by tommybuteau on Sat, 2012-04-21 22:47.

Great start to the story. I remember more though. I think some got lost when you copied the final version here.