Welcome to The ARK Blog

by: Jacobi37
Book Cover

I recently read the book Welcome to The ARK by Stephanie Tolan. It was a great science fiction read, and I enjoyed it a lot. I read it in a literature circle with some of my classmates from my lit class. We all enjoyed this book. One flaw we found was that towards the ending, it is kind of a vague and weird ending. We then found out that there is another book in the series. Since the ending didn't resolve some things, it makes sense to have a second book. This book was based on four exceptionally gifted children who, when combined, have the power to stop evil from happening. It was a great plot with good characters and character development. We did a lot of activities about how culture affects the story, and I found out a lot. In the book, people live in a world in shambles. There are terrorist groups everywhere, and tons of people are killed daily. Apart from the mass killings and terror groups, it isn't that much different from our own society. It was interesting to see how much the world would change if we became a dystopian society. We also talked about the story itself. In the middle of the book it is a little slow. The characters mainly meet each other and figure out what is going on. This takes a lot of explaining by the author. In conclusion, my group and I thought this was a great book with a much needed sequel that we are going to read.

book talk

Submitted by jordanh18 on Thu, 2015-05-21 21:43.

I really am looking forward to this book. How would you rate this? I really like science fictions books. Is it along or short read? I think I am going to check this book out.