What are the chances it effects you?

by: A.Clayton

Today, breast cancer is the second leading disease related to death amoung woman.  Every girl should be aware and cautious, and even men have a chance of getting this diease.  Though there are woman who are at a greater risk, it is serious enough that every girl should be checking and having a yearly check up by at least age 20, but it is never to early.

African American woman have a greater chance of getting breast cancer.  Many things can effect your chances of getting breast cancer, such as; alcohol use, personal history, family history,delaying pregnancy past age 35 or not becoming pregnant at all, ect.. (About.com: Woman's Health)

"More than 1.7 million women who have had breast cancer are still alive in the United States.'

Breast Cancer Facts

"The risk of breast cancer increases as a woman grows older"

(Breast Cancer Facts and Statistics, Think Pink)

Dear AClayton: I liked your

Submitted by 12popperh on Fri, 2009-05-08 08:37.

Dear AClayton:

I liked your post, "What are the chances it effects you?," because I am going to do a project to raise money for breast cancer and I wanted to know more about it and your post was pretty informative.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: ""More than 1.7 million women who have had breast cancer are still alive in the United States.'" I think this is interesting because it shows that many women in the United Sates only have breast cancer, and I know two women who are breast cancer survivors.

Another sentence that I looked at was: "Many things can effect your chances of getting breast cancer, such as; alcohol use, personal history, family history,delaying pregnancy past age 35 or not becoming pregnant at all, ect.. (About.com: Woman's Health)" This stood out for me because it shows what can increase your chances of getting it and this could inform many women.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. My friends mom got breast cancer and is now a survivor and she has to be careful now because her mom had it, so its in her family history.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it is interesting and informative about the topics I'm researching.