What can we do about kids punching or kicking holes on the walls at school?

by: 14BarrosF

On December 3rd my principal wrote a memo. She said that she has observed, "practices and behaviors that do not represent the ideals of community and family that are the foundations of BSGE and cannot be lost." This makes me feel, sort of angry and sad at the same time, because I like BSGE a lot, and so I would not want people destroying and just affecting the school because of their bad practices. I have an idea about how we can improve this situation, and it is that we should, put something or someone, maybe people that could observe what children do when they go on the stairways. I think that for every ending of the period, a teacher, should go non-suspiciously up and down the stairs and observe what children are doing. I am saying this because sometimes when I would go up the stairs I would see some bad things happening and no teacher there or someone being able to help. Maybe not even a teacher, just someone who knows all the kids, or at least their faces and what grade they are in, so that when they go to report themselves they could say who did bad practices. But I do think someone has to do something, maybe like a hall monitor and so when someone is kicking or punching the walls they could take notes of who did what and then report it. Maybe they could even have a camera so that just when the action is going to take place they could take a picture. The only thing that I want is for this school to be regular again, and that people be respectful towards it, because fixing and refixing the walls could get really expensive. I think that there might be some pros and cons to this idea, but I think that other than that it is a good idea.

When you wrote "I am saying

Submitted by 14AlvarezS on Fri, 2009-12-04 12:38.

When you wrote "I am saying this because sometimes when I would go up the stairs I would see some bad things happening and no teacher there or someone being able to help." this made me think of about how the security and protection of the school can help stop these "bad" things. Well what i think the principal is really trying to say by delivering this memo is that there needs to be a change in the behavoir of the students. I think it would be more efective to have a physcologist in our school to help kids who are having problems with stress and anger. Kids punch and kick holes in the wall because thats just their personalty so by changing their way of thinking we could minimize these bad things from occuring and not have to wast emoney on cameras and making oyr school more like a prison. I like your ideas about this topic as we do need a way to fix these problems.