What is Fairness

sundae on a Sunday

Whats fairness to me is basically on life. In life I've heard people say well this isn't really fair or I think it so fair to me. It's like we have a way with fairness and other times not so much. To me what is fairness is what is right for not just all of us but for everyone in the group, to me I think it's fairness. Others think that fairness is what's truthful or what could be the lie. Truthful and Fairness are the same but mean different things. Being truthful is that you as the person you're telling the truth, and fairness is like who likely deserves the evidence or that they know that they're right. Truthful and fairness is basically in balanced but they'll never be a moment when fairness is always the best option or being truthful like telling someone the truth. In reality those two are still in balance, but we have to warn ourselves what is fair and what is not fair.

Truth or Fairness?

arianae2016's picture
Submitted by arianae2016 on Wed, 2015-12-02 15:13.

Jose,
I see where you are coming from, you think that truth comes hand in hand with fairness. I can see where you would think that, but for some fairness is a privilege not a right, but for others it is quite the opposite. In my opinion, truth can help with fairness. If you are always untruthful, you won't be treated the same as the people who seem to have everything handed to them. The people that have everything handed to them for one of two reasons- because of their race and/or because of the way they act. If someone is always truthful and does everything they are supposed to, usually they get treated more fairly (or in other words, they are treated the way everyone else wants to be treated). But with everything like this has so many more factors to it. For example, what is fairness? Fair compared to who? Who you are comparing yourself to is a big deal? Each race is not treated the same, or even fairly. So there are more factors than you are taking into consideration but I do think you are on the right path.

-Ariana

Truth or Fairness

Submitted by vasquezj19 on Wed, 2015-12-09 12:45.

Thank you so much that's what pretty much what I was talking about I hoped you liked it. I'll actually think about the Q's what you sent me on your comments>

I like where you're coming

Submitted by Janell S on Mon, 2015-12-14 00:03.

I like where you're coming from. However, truthfulness and fairness are closely intertwined but I do not think that they are quite the same. We do have to make sure we are being fair but being truthful in our day to day lives. That being said, is it always fair to be truthful to a person? There are times when you may want to bend the truth, so to speak, to save someone's feelings. The question we need to ask ourselves is: can we find that line? The place where it is morally right, where it is fair to not be truthful.