What is the hype about Shakespeare?

I have always wondered why Shakespeare’s writing was always such a huge part of culture and how it developed so much hype even hundreds of years after his time. My literature and composition 9 class is reading “Romeo and Juliet” right now, and I believe I understand why his writing is so unique. He finds a way to use so many different writing mediums including sonnets, long poems, shorter poems, and many more. Also, he has a way to manipulate words to capture the reader’s attention and help expand the idea and story of his writing. In many stories from Shakespeare’s time, the stories always had a happy ending, and I think the main reason Romeo and Juliet is still considered a classic, is because it honestly depicts a tragic ending.

I agree with you Alexis. I

Submitted by kyu on Tue, 2015-03-10 12:09.

I agree with you Alexis. I believe that Shakespeare's work is truly brilliant. The way he uses his words to even though it's not modern. Every time I read his I work I get fascinated by it.

I agree with you Alexis

Submitted by rcontreras on Tue, 2015-03-10 13:07.

I agree with you Alexis Nikoloff, Shakespeare has a unique way of writing that pulls people in even way after that time. his poems and tone also make the reader hooked in the story.