What I didnt Know about Div Codes

What I'm good at
Career goals

What I noticed most about, ",Make a Spry Accordion Menu with Dream weaver and CSS" was a great pod cast. They informed me that they're are other ways to have drop menus,and widgets on your website without using flash.I like that because I'm having a hard time with flash right now I'm still a beginner in the program.

When the pod caster said, "You label it as a Div", which is a Div code i was shocked.I was thinking to my self you cant make moving images or anything with div codes. From my understanding Div codes are mostly for placing images in certain areas of the page. Basically a code to help set things where you want them. I think this is crazy, because i didn't know you was able to that with that type of format. Also i like the fact it was a clever way to make the moving widgets with out using flash. So anybody computer should be able to see it.When having a flash widget some people might not see it because they don't have flash on the computer. This way makes it viewable to everybody.

Another part that I strongly like,is the fact that it was a tutorial step by step telling what each steps help you do. So you can go on your computer or when you got time to try it out and make it your self. I just want to know how was this idea came up with, and where did the name  come from "widget" because that's the name of most moving flash files with menus.

I'm amazed at the podcast. For one showing me that you can do more with a div code besides just placing them places. Also you can go from in to html and div code, all on one program "Dream weaver" In my own personal opinion i believe you go threw more steps making a drop down menu this way then with flash. The reason for that's is because Flash the program is made to make moving and interactive designs. All the tools are right there the time line, Tween etc. With dream weaver it makes more work for yourself and wastes times if you head a deadline. Another thing i dislike is the fact on his podcast, he needs to speak more clear so people can hear the steps better to follow and clear his screen to see whats hes doing.Most people learn from listening and others learn from viewing.

What drew me to this topic, is the fact that i wanted to design that for my portfolio site

but i never knew how to use Flash that good. I was trying to avoid it till i start learning flash
so i listening to this podcast.Telling me hot to do the same thing with out using that program.
The podcast was good and now i know a way to make i a drop down menu widget. That i can now use for when I'm redesigning my site.

Hi Kavoy, I love reading

CharlieTeachHayground's picture
Submitted by CharlieTeachHay... on Thu, 2010-02-04 11:23.

Hi Kavoy,

I love reading things that make me realize their is a whole world of ideas that I have no idea about. I see letters DIV occasionally on my computer but have no idea what that was. So, thanks for that.

One line that particularly stood out for me was, " Also i like the fact it was a clever way to make the moving widgets with out using flash. So anybody computer should be able to see it." This shows that you have a alot of technical knowledge, but don't assume that all your readers do.

Likewise when you write, "With dream weaver it makes more work for yourself and wastes times if you head a deadline", it shows that you are already prepared to enter the professional world and are judging software based on your needs.

This was a really enjoyable essay, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,

Charlie