What makes some songs more popular than others?

by: justing
Corner By braydenmartinez a Youth Voices pool photographer on Flickr.

What makes some music videos more popular than others? It’s how live the artist is. The better the artist is the better the song will be.

The five top artists are Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Drake, and Jay-Z. When a new song by these guys comes out, everyone wants to hear it. That raises attention and money for the artist. It’s a win-win scenario. How popular a music video is depends on the rappers popularity. It's not much different than clothes and styles.

Why are some clothes more expensive than others? Some jeans and shirts and stuff cost around 40 bucks, when other clothes like true religion , burberry, & gucci all cost 300 dollars and more. Is it the designers? The material? It’s all clothes. I never got that. But getting clothes like Louis Vuitton, prada, or Michael Kors isn’t a problem for a ‘get money’ guy like me :). Clothes cost more all depending on who made it.

One song that’s dominating right now to me is meek millz house party. That song is a straight club banger. Like at a party it just gets everyone hype. I bang with it. Another song I know that is going hard right now is Rick Ross’s ‘Holy Ghost’. Rozay is like his own hype man. He makes songs go through the roof without another artist. Those are two songs I really admire as of right now.

People want what the people want. And when you give it to them, they respond positively.

Agree*

Submitted by kwabenas on Fri, 2012-02-03 11:25.

Agree*

good looks bro

Submitted by justing on Fri, 2012-02-03 12:12.

good looks bro

Dear Justin, I agree with

Submitted by michaelg on Fri, 2012-02-03 12:06.

Dear Justin,

I agree with your post this is one of the greatest post ive seen in a long time "What makes some songs more popular than others?" because no one really realizes the sense your making in this post, everything is on popularity, as well as clothing, the more the name is known on the streets the more people would be in search for it.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is " That raises attention and money for the artist. It’s a win-win scenario." because its true when you hear the song the artist gets payed around 25-50 cents BUT if you think about it, 3 million people will lead to great money in there pockets and you get to hear a great song.

Another sentence that I like was "People want what the people want. And when you give it to them, they respond positively." yes because not anyone can have the finer things thats why we try our best to get it and get what we want.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i didnt have enough money for some sneakers and i really wanted them. i didnt wanna ask my parents so i started getting my own money to be independant and eventually i ended up getting better sneakers!

thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this is whats really on point in this society and these are the things the youth want to be in view about bro.

thank for your post bro

Submitted by justing on Fri, 2012-02-03 12:18.

thank for your post bro

Dear Justing I am interested

Submitted by Mollih.M2 on Wed, 2012-02-08 13:40.

Dear Justing

I am interested in your post, "What makes some songs more popular than others?" because, You put in examples of why songs are more popular the others. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "The better the artist is the better the song will be." I think this is Spot on because, Thats how life is now, if the artist can relate to there fans lifes then when the artist does come out with a new song or album people will go right for it. Another sentence that I really liked was: "It's not much different than clothes and styles." This stood out for me because, you related your topic to other things(like cloths)to get the same point across.

I agree with you that The more popular an artist is the more hype they will get when their new album or song comes out. One reason I say this is because if people find music or clothing that they can express them selves through, then they feel comfterable enought to go out in the world and face the new day.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because, The topic is one that I agree with and would like to know more about!

Dear justing, I liked your

Submitted by delgen on Sun, 2012-03-04 22:36.

Dear justing,

I liked your post “What Makes Some Songs More Popular Than Others” because I agree with it. one sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “The five top artists are Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Drake, and Jay-Z. When a new song by these guys comes out, everyone wants to hear it” because these are a few of my favorite rappers, and I've noticed this statement is true; their music is very popular, and everybody always knows about it.

Another sentence you wrote that i liked is “Why are some clothes more expensive than others? Some jeans and shirts and stuff cost around 40 bucks, when other clothes like true religion , burberry, & gucci all cost 300 dollars and more.” this stood out to me because I have always asked myself this question; as I grew up and started buying brand name clothing myself, I realized the more popular the clothing the more expensive it is.

Your post reminds me of the time I was having an argument on facebook about who is a better rapper “Lil Wayne or Cassidy” .

Thanks for writing. I look foward to seeing what you write next because this post really interested me. I will keep reading your post if they are as relevant as this one.