What makes your personality?

I decided to choose this topic because I've always had a fascination with psychology. Why are the way things are? Being a third of a triplet triumvirate, I can recognize similarities and differences between my siblings in the way we act, behave, interact with others, etc. Personality is gained on two levels: through genetics our surrounding environment. Genes are passed from are parents that affect how and who we are, while our environment (culture, geographic setting, religions, etc) also influences us.
What do you think adds to ones personality?

Dear Alex: I am intrigued by

jaylynnmarie98's picture
Submitted by jaylynnmarie98 on Wed, 2014-03-19 11:40.

Dear Alex:
I am intrigued by your , "What Makes Your Personality," because I often wonder about this topic myself. However I wish you would have spoke more about the topic. You mentioned two different causes of personality, but you should have spoken more and further explained these two causes. I feel I can relate with your inquiry but some more explanation would have been great. What are your insights on the causes?
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Being a third of a triplet triumvirate, I can recognize similarities and differences between my siblings in the way we act, behave, interact with others, etc." I think this is interesting because there are so many reasons why this may be. I wonder what are the factors of personality similarities and differences between siblings. This question especially comes into play when the siblings are twins, triplets, and so on. Does this also have to do with identical and fraternal twins? Siblings have such an impact on one’s life already, but the extent remains a mystery to me.
Another sentence that I liked was: "while our environment (culture, geographic setting, religions, etc) also influences us." This stood out for me because while thinking of an environment, it is hard to get a grasp of what that is. I appreciate that you clearly stated some aspects of an environment that one might witness. It is also true that one’s environment affects their person.
Your post allows me to reflect on myself. I constantly wonder about what makes me who I am, personality wise. I think who I am surrounded by really causes a change in my personality. For example, transitioning from a Catholic school to a charter school really provoked me to be more open.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the causes of personality is something that really makes me think. I hope you discuss the genes and environmental impact more in depth. Thanks again.